Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7C-S Suspension Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Mar 31, 2014.

1. 99sh

99sh Tuned and Synch'ed

Thank you! What would you recommend for a 165 lb rider (w/o gear)? 0.75kgmm?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. 11201ny

11201ny Just got it firing!

Thanks again for the information. When i order the RT shocks and fork kit (through you), at what point will i give my weight info? I only ask because I noticed it isn't on the product page.

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks, and from the Store page "Contact us with questions prior to ordering; Info at GuzziTech.com -OR- place your order and we will be in touch for details."

4. 99sh

99sh Tuned and Synch'ed

[​IMG]

Is that an Ohlins shock? Is there an application for the V7 now?

5. GT-Rx®

That image is *HEAVILY* Photoshopped. As of right now, there is no part # per se, though they likely can be custom built, but they won't be cheap. Contact me direct email for more info; Todd at GuzziTech.com
    Unrelated/related, I am now able to offer the Ital-Ohlins fully adjustable cartridge kits, which require fork modification on a lathe. Info HERE or click pic below:

[​IMG]

scudracer likes this.
  6. 99sh

99sh Tuned and Synch'ed

Awesome to hear Ohlins is finally showing some love. Hope it has both rebound & comp adjustment.

7. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Yup, rebound in one leg and compression in the other.

[​IMG]

I do like that Zard exhaust. Looks more like a dirt bike than a scrambler, though.

8. 99sh

99sh Tuned and Synch'ed

Oh that's the Andreani kit - I've seen that. I was thinking Ohlins released a kit under their own name.

9. rbm

rbm Cruisin' Guzzisti

Emailed a guy in NY who told me K-tech might be offering a V7 cartridge along the lines of the Andreani. He's getting them to look at building one for his bike which might result in a product; all speculation at this point in time.

10. GT-Rx®

There's a small handful of products out there right now; i.e. I also work with Traxxion, who offers a great full cartridge kit. Cost is ~$1250 all in. Interested?

[​IMG]

I'm trying hard to bring products that I know work quite well for less money. So it just depends on how much you want to spend. If people want to invest the same amount of time and money I have over the last 15 years, please do, just share the info and how much you spend. ;)

I can also offer a kit to fit the Ohlins forks shown below for your V7. Cost would be ~$3500 or so including the forks built to order. Ping me direct email if interested; Todd at GuzziTech.com

43RTC.jpg

BenRCMC likes this.
  11. 99sh

99sh Tuned and Synch'ed

I'd be interested to hear how the Traxxion compares with the Andreani kit.

12. A*D*A*M

A*D*A*M Just got it firing!

I have Öhlins rear suspension on my bike that I had custom ordered from the factory two years ago (the perks of living in Sweden). Happy with the way the rear is behaving, great improvement even though I 'm not an aggressive rider.
    Really have to do something about the forks to get the entire bike together though so I'm following this post with great interest.

Attached Files:

13. scudracer

scudracer Tuned and Synch'ed

14. trialsn

trialsn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Random question about rear suspension. I'm assuming that you can fit any rear suspension brand on the V7, as long as you have correct sizing. What are the magic numbers to follow?

15. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Todd's worked it all out.

16. trialsn

Based from his store, I'm sure he know every dimension by memory...however I'm still curious to know the numbers for myself.

17. rbm

rbm Cruisin' Guzzisti

The numbers are in the first post in this thread.

18. trialsn

Sweet Jesus, I'm an idiot....

19. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Basically you need to decide what components you want, then let Todd know. He will ask you what your weight is, and have the suspension components matched to your weight. When you get your shocks/ fork kit/ or both, you can dial it in. I set my for the smoothest ride, and the sag worked out perfectly front and back. I do not know that you can get custom made Canadian parts. I do know that I am very happy with the Racetechs on the back and the Mupo kit up front. Hope this helps.

20. francod123

francod123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

installing the matris kit finally. sorry for my ignorance but cant find a definite answer. when installing and filling the oil level with the spring in, do i push down/collapse the forks completely and fill to 60mm gap? that seems not right, thats basically the top of the spring.

volloy likes this.