Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. The site owner Todd had surgery on Monday, and will be very slow to respond to all inquiries, including online Store questions.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  3. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

v7II Headlight/Gauge lowering kit

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Moto_Max, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Moto_Max

Moto_Max Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a kit to lower the stock gauges and headlight somewhere on the interwebs but a google search turned up nada.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Todd sells the V7 version in his store. Unfortunately, a V7 II version has not been developed. It needs to have mounting points for the plate that holds the ABS and TCS lights.

Moto_Max likes this.
  3. Moto_Max

Thank you for your reply. Looks like I might have to just go a different route.

4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks John. I have to be approaching at least 250+ products on the Store link above.
    The Speedo drop kit is here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-v7-speedo-drop-bracket/ - John knows best, as I haven't tackled putting one on a V7 II yet, but it might just take a hole on each side and a threaded clip or equivalent to work. John, input?

5. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

At a right angle to the mounting surface, yes. I have one of the standard units and a couple small right-angle brackets. I'll give it a go one of these days. My current project is a working center stand.

6. Moto_Max

Thanks for the hard work guys.

I just found a different headlight/speedo unit that I might end up going with.

The list of mods is still growing. I'm just trying to see what my options are and what kind of money I'm looking at spending.

I really appreciate the help and knowledge.

7. Dennis F.

Dennis F. Just got it firing!

Hi Max,

would you mind to share, which headlight/speedo combo you wanna go with?
    I'm still thinking about changing these parts on my racer, als I would like to see the speedo drop a bit.
    Replacing the speedo is a rather costly idea. At least here in good old germany...

Regards,

Dennis

8. David Felton

David Felton Just got it firing!

Has anyone dropped the speedo and been able to add a dart screen too?

9. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I am wondering the same thing here

10. Mr Pootle

Mr Pootle Cruisin' Guzzisti

Could it have been Baak that you saw?

11. Chokoloso

Chokoloso Tuned and Synch'ed

Does anyone know the answer yet? I'm wondering also before I commit to one or the other

12. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

These gize have some really nice products. I've often looked lustfully.
    kosonorthamerica.com/
    There's Acewell acewell-meter.com/ Their stuff gets better each time I look.
    ... and of course Trail Tech trailtech.net/ do some nice stuff.
    I know there are others, but these 3 are the best in my book.