Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the opinionated negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

V7III Anniversario - Luggage

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Nick Gann, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Just got it firing!

Anyone found some cool luggage for the Anniversario? I see what Guzzitech has in it's store but if I put on the C-Bow hardware I would want chrome for sure. Also looking for brown options potentially... But aluminum hard case is not out of the question. Just looking to see what everyone else is finding?

lucydad likes this.
  2. socalrob

socalrob Tuned and Synch'ed

I'm looking to go with a vintage look and am about to order Craven "Comet" cases in black. I will figure out how to custom mount them on a black hepco becker loop luggage rack. Google up Craven Industries. They are in England (GB). Their cases were popular with old Triumphs and Nortons.

3. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm not sure chrome would be the best choice for brackets. To me the chrome makes them more obvious, the black brackets will virtually disappear in the eyes of most. Hey, but whatever works best for you.

Paul

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Just got it firing!

That's actually a good point... hadn't thought of that.

Dude I pulled up these saddlebags and really like their styles... so many are sold out though :(

5. Pow Wow Motorcycles

Pow Wow Motorcycles Just got it firing!

I bought a pair of bags from Pack Animal out of Seattle last summer for my Anniversario. They fit perfect, look vintage and I put them to the test with a 3 week road trip. They're great bags. Pack Animal is a great little company that hand makes all their goods. check them out.

6. Msullivan

Msullivan Just got it firing!

I’ll be putting the MG Canvas Luggage on .( which are on order as I type) The pic attached is from a post from a Wildguzzi forum member who has them.

Attached Files:

Poppe likes this.
  7. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

roadscum, Poppe, TimmyTheHog and 2 others like this.
  8. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    I understand form and "look."

That said, unless you really just care about that and don't use bags for function, I think you might regret in short order anything but hard cases.

Those good-looking "vintage" bags don't hold much, don't like rain, and have fasteners that get dodgy fast.

Ride only in nice weather and only carry the lightest and smallest of items; well, OK. But I started off with handsome OEM leather bags for my EV some years ago. Loved the look. And I know how to take care of leather. "Real life" and "real riding" soon led to H-B hard cases. My Griso uses soft bags, but they are textile and handle weather fine.

As with all moto-things, YMMV, but consider https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/body-n-bags/hepco-becker-body-n-bags/ or the like.

Bill

john zibell likes this.
  9. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

my dealer gave me 20% off the HB full set up when I bought the V7-3. all 3 hard bags and racks and center stand. I'm very pleased with them just like the bags that were on my 98 EV and still are performing well 19 years and 190000 miles later.
    Now on my 2015 V7 in Az where they never see rain I have some old fake leather Willie and Max bags that go back to 1989. I had to make a mount to keep them from hitting the rear wheel and they look OK. BUT! I wish I had just ponied up for the hard ones on it too every time I need to open them.

10. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

11. Attackpug

Attackpug Just got it firing!

12. Oadslug

Oadslug Tuned and Synch'ed

I’ve been looking at these myself (for v7iii Milano), but have a couple concerns (apart from the price tag, ouch) — would love to get your thoughts.

One is the over-the-seat connection straps. They don’t look particularly comfortable to sit on. Have you used them with passengers? How’d it go? Did you run the back strap over the seat or over the rear fender (or on anniversario, the passenger grab handle) to make room? I would think for single rider the ideal would be further forward over the seat, and for passenger, over the rear fender or grab handle? But the strap itself seems built to width, and not really adjustable — maybe get 2 lengths? Idk. Any chance you can post some photos? Would love to see your setup. :)

One more question (sorry): any noticable damage caused by rubbing against the rear shocks either to the bags or the shocks? Thanks

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  13. Pow Wow Motorcycles

Pow Wow Motorcycles Just got it firing!

IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0155.JPG

Stradagene likes this.
  14. Oadslug

Oadslug Tuned and Synch'ed

15. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Poppe, Oadslug and Mayakovski like this.
  16. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

I'll throw my V7-III Stone into the mix with Givi E21 hard bags fitted to the C-Bows.

V7-III Stone with Givi E21 Panniers.jpg

The lids have since been repainted to match the rest of the pannier.