• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7ll Racer cell phone mount?

RandomGRK

Tuned and Synch'ed
Does anyone know of any mount that I could install? I take it the stem version below would work with the racer or do I need the bolt version? I am trying to keep the Racer clean without some big mount but cant seem to find anything. Any other options?
MOTO-GUZZI-V7-RACER-DETAILS-INSTRUMENTATION.jpg

ram_mounts_x_grip_fork_stem_kit_300x300.jpg

RAM-B-342UIU2.jpg

RAM-B-342UIU4.jpg

I use the Ram X mount with the handle bar clamp ball mount the sell. The longer clamp bolt (supplied) goes through the ball into one of the bar clamp bolts. I use the upper right, and the phone mount is perfectly placed angled to the right between the tach and brake.

I went with the RAM mount that threads into the mirror mount since I have bar-end mirrors, that worked nicely.

I use the Ram X mount with the handle bar clamp ball mount the sell. The longer clamp bolt (supplied) goes through the ball into one of the bar clamp bolts. I use the upper right, and the phone mount is perfectly placed angled to the right between the tach and brake.

I take it this isn't the racer though right? The racer has the clip ons which doesnt have the same bolts I suspect

Resized 20161014 102431001 this is my setup for my garmin. I found it to be the best location in my opinion. I'm going to use the TomTom wire for power, I bought a garmin wiring harness to hook the power up. I used the Garmin cradle and about a 1.00 in materials to make the mount. Same design aservices if you bought a neck mount.

Attachments

• 20170302_101647.jpg
    20170302_101647.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 29
The racer is different but I think I might try the mirror stalk option. Don't have to look down as much to check my directions.

Yeah it's different, but I thought the setup I'm using might work the same way for where that U shapped piece is at with the two bolts. The great thing about these mounts is they have a bunch of different connections, so you could try out different ones.

My bad- yes, racer has clip ons doesn't it? At the least can still highly recommend the X-mount. Quick and easy to use and extremely secure. I'm able to tilt mine up and get a clear shot of the road so I can video and take pics as well.

Personally I like the techmounts range of mounts, understated in design and solid durable materials. The smaller diameter ball works with many of the cell phone holders, grippers etc. designed for the ubiquitous dash and windscreen mounts.

http://www.techmounts.com/products/cell-phone-mounts.php

When paired with a Rokform case, and the appropriate adapter, Techmounts and Rokform are a hard combination to beat. It's a simple matter to place and twist the case to lock it in place. The Rokform cases are durable and protect your phone. An added bonus; no gripper arms to interfere with buttons on the side of the phone. I purchased RokForm mount adapters one for each vehicle I use on a regular basis.

Rokform also offers motorcycle mounts, IMO the RokForm motorcycle mounts are functional works of art.
https://www.rokform.com/pages/motorcycle-mounts

btw: I used RAM mounts, with my TomTom Rider II. I'm not a fan of the 'Industrial' look and that enormous wing nut just cries out "take me", The bulky lock RAM offers isn't going to win many awards for ascetics. The alternative to removing the removable parts of the mount and locking them up, or cart them around, a stainless steel locking cab nut and allen bolt to replace the wing nut.

Anecdote:

A well meaning sales associate at a local parts and apparel store enthusiastically extolled the versatility and functionality of the Ram mount and X gripper set up on his Sports bike, while checking out my '14 California Custom..

A good start to his sales pitch, He was young friendly, interested and enthusiastic so I played along. So after demonstrating how the X gripper works with just about any phone, Except my Samsung, due to interference with the control buttons. The friendly well meaning young man conceded it wasn't the perfect mount for my situation. While he extolled the functionality and features of the Ram set-up I casually placed my phone on the side panel of my tank, where it was held in place by the strong magnet in the case.

The friendly young man, and fellow bike enthusiast, was waiting to hear the Guzzi start up, so I casually pulled my phone off the tanks side panel, placed it on the mount and twisted. The look on the sales associates face, priceless. While checking out my bike he hadn't noticed the mount.

Here's the Ram mount model I use. My buddy used the spider type until he saw this one. If the spring were to break in this model I would be able to use a zip tie to hold the phone on. Use one hand to load and remove the phone.
The mount arm is a u-joint type that can be adjusted.

20170303 083940

this is my setup for my garmin. I found it to be the best location in my opinion. I'm going to use the TomTom wire for power, I bought a garmin wiring harness to hook the power up. I used the Garmin cradle and about a 1.00 in materials to make the mount. Same design aservices if you bought a neck mount.

Where do you rest your cigarette when using this set up?

Attachments

• 20170302_101647.jpg
    20170302_101647.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 28
http://www.100mph.com.au/product/quad-lock-bike-mount-kit-for-iphone-6-6s

I've only heard great things about the Quad Lock system. Designed for push bikes but apparently works absolutely flawlessly on motorcycles...
I've been using Quad Lock for years now across my motorcycles, bikes, and cars. The case is excellent and the system is really easy to use. The 'bicycle' mount (which is what I use on the motorcycles) is rock solid. Before switching over to a drag bar and risers on my Racer I had made an adapter I screwed through one of the two riser holes to attach it to (had to remove the little chrome half circle thing).

Personally I like the techmounts range of mounts, understated in design and solid durable materials. The smaller diameter ball works with many of the cell phone holders, grippers etc. designed for the ubiquitous dash and windscreen mounts.

http://www.techmounts.com/products/cell-phone-mounts.php

When paired with a Rokform case, and the appropriate adapter, Techmounts and Rokform are a hard combination to beat. It's a simple matter to place and twist the case to lock it in place. The Rokform cases are durable and protect your phone. An added bonus; no gripper arms to interfere with buttons on the side of the phone. I purchased RokForm mount adapters one for each vehicle I use on a regular basis.

Rokform also offers motorcycle mounts, IMO the RokForm motorcycle mounts are functional works of art.
https://www.rokform.com/pages/motorcycle-mounts

btw: I used RAM mounts, with my TomTom Rider II. I'm not a fan of the 'Industrial' look and that enormous wing nut just cries out "take me", The bulky lock RAM offers isn't going to win many awards for ascetics. The alternative to removing the removable parts of the mount and locking them up, or cart them around, a stainless steel locking cab nut and allen bolt to replace the wing nut.

Anecdote:

A well meaning sales associate at a local parts and apparel store enthusiastically extolled the versatility and functionality of the Ram mount and X gripper set up on his Sports bike, while checking out my '14 California Custom..

A good start to his sales pitch, He was young friendly, interested and enthusiastic so I played along. So after demonstrating how the X gripper works with just about any phone, Except my Samsung, due to interference with the control buttons. The friendly well meaning young man conceded it wasn't the perfect mount for my situation. While he extolled the functionality and features of the Ram set-up I casually placed my phone on the side panel of my tank, where it was held in place by the strong magnet in the case.

The friendly young man, and fellow bike enthusiast, was waiting to hear the Guzzi start up, so I casually pulled my phone off the tanks side panel, placed it on the mount and twisted. The look on the sales associates face, priceless. While checking out my bike he hadn't noticed the mount.

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I thought I would also echo what Blackbird said about Rokform. I love their mounts and also use them for my Mountain Bike. They even have a magnetic car vent mount I just purchased that is a fabulous little gadget when you want to use your smartphone for Google Maps and other direction apps. They make integrated cases with their mounts for IPhones and Galaxys, and an adapter that will fit any phone and case you have. Highly recommended.

Back