RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

V85 TT Info

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

There will definitely be a fuel filter, probably in the tank like all the other recent Guzzi models.

Poppe likes this.
  2. kglm

kglm Just got it firing!

I don`t see where? Also in servicemanual is no mention at all..

-KG-

Attached Files:

3. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Just because it's not listed doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It will be built into the pump, just not available to be purchased separately.

4. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I've never heard of any fuel injection system on any engine not to have a fuel filter.
    Unless the designer had a slip of course.

5. kglm

kglm Just got it firing!

6. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Please don't be half plastic bullcrap.

7. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was.

Poppe likes this.
  8. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me either. Those half plastic Mahle filters are not designed to be immersed in Petroleum. They were designed for use in Diesel fuel. I was told this by Mahle Customer Services in the UK.

Just thought, maybe some bright spark in their design team decided that as those half plastic filters were so unreliable, they would leave them out altogether.

Poppe likes this.
  9. Poppe

What's the tire selection out there looking like for the v85tt? Will there be a lot of good options, especially for off road dirty riding?

10. dbx

dbx Just got it firing!

The OEM tire sizes are 110 / 80 R19 (front) and 150 / 70 R17 (rear). The wheels are actually 2.5" and 4.25", so there's a range of tire sizes that will fit. I don't know who makes what in those sizes, but it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

Poppe likes this.
  11. Poppe

Adam Davis likes this.
  12. Lumir Bakota

Lumir Bakota Tuned and Synch'ed

So still no V85tt owners to comment on the bike? Are they being sold in NA yet?

13. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

From the sounds of internet, V85TT are just slowly trickling to US now...think maybe 3 guys online are expecting to see it by this weekend?

My dealer is still MIA with their bikes...owners are start to get antsy...

14. korskov

korskov Just got it firing!

I got to ride one yesterday and again today at a ride event in Portland. The clutch pull was light. It accelerated nicely. They were still in break in and they had set low shift points so it was easy to light up the dash when getting on the throttle. I think you will need to setup shift points because the light blue bars on the tach are hard to read with a quick glance. I rode with my partner today and she felt that she had more room behind her than she does on the Stelvio. I hope they build a GT version. I am not a fan of tube tires. Early in my riding career I had a valve tear loose of the tube while riding on the interstate.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  15. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

A couple of weeks ago, the last of the 350 bikes for show in italian dealers was finally sold. MG has around 8000 preorders just in Italy...

Poppe likes this.
  16. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

In all honesty that's not really a good thing. I doubt they are ready for that many units to start rolling down the line and you know everybody will be pushing too hard. Mistakes will be made and covered up. Remember the old saying, "haste makes waste"!

Poppe likes this.
  17. Blaufeld

A correction: the 8000 preorders were for all the Europe.

Production started in February, for now is around 40 bikes every day.

Poppe likes this.
  18. Jim Toews

Jim Toews Just got it firing!

Well seems our Canadian dealers still have no word on deliveries. I have a deposit on one but suspect it will be July before it is in.

My local dealer still says June but admits Motto Guzzi has not responded with a delivery date. Sold my Versys in anticipation of getting it in time for a three week ride in July. Beginning to think my trip will be on my little CRF250L.

Riding it 1200 kilometers one way to visit friends this weekend. I guess this will be a practice run as the July trip would eat up 4000 kilometers round trip. Will probably have to be on the Honda again.

19. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Can't speak for Canada, but word is that the bikes are staged to ship to dealers to have ready to sell at the completion of the (cryptic) U.S. Demo Tour below. Not sure why the wait. Seems smarter to have them on the floor to sell during the demo... silly me.

V85TT-US-DlrTour.JPG

Poppe, Mayakovski and TimmyTheHog like this.
  20. Blaufeld

Update: now the production is up to 70 bikes a day, if you order now you'll have your V85TT in around 60 days here in Italy.

Poppe likes this.