Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

V85 TT Info

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 7, 2017.

1. tobinh

tobinh Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I think it looks amazing. I've had my B11 up and down every forest service road around me, and I'm pretty sure I'd be having at least 50% more fun on that V85. A bit disappointed my name didn't get chosen tho!

2. gimpo

gimpo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Rumors say that the central stand, an higher windscreen and panniers (built by the italian MyTech) should be offered as optional accessories.

3. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Me too. I thought Stambecco was an excellent name. V85 TT is boring.:snooze:

tobinh likes this.
  4. emaxt6

emaxt6 Tuned and Synch'ed

Yea, TT, Tutto Terreno ("all terrain"), it is indeed a bit arid and technical and maybe too much mimicking and sounding like GS (Gelände/Straße) ie. "dual road" :oops:

tobinh likes this.
  5. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I am "fine" with optional...as long as there are provision for them...because it would be stupid not to have them.

6. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Just heard that the projected rice in the UK will be £11k. How that will work out in other countries I don't know, but they are not going to sell many here to anyone other than dedicated fans at that price.

7. TimmyTheHog

same here, just read that article from UK newspaper...

They better have a hella bunch of incentives...

this price range is in the BMW territory where has more stuff as standard...hell, even Triumph which also comes with quite a bit of stuff standard...

That and dealer support (yes, I went there)...

8. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I've been thinking that here in the USA it'll probably be a 12K bike.
    As much as I want to gravitate towards that style it's just not gonna happen for me.

I'll always be thinking: "Well for that money I could......"

9. TimmyTheHog

Well, the thing is for me, I want the change but I can only keep one bike due to space/family commitments...:p

Unless V85 is at least 90% of what I am looking for, will be sticking to my V7 and maybe trade up to V7iii...

but I really like the V85 so far...hoping it continue to do so.

10. Vee Too

Vee Too Just got it firing!

I was hoping for a price of around £10K. Although I would be happy to pay £11K if it came with Ohlins suspension. :)

11. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

If not available from MG I'm sure Givi and/or H-B will be able to provide a solution.

I prefer to use accessory pannier, so I'm able to transfer then to my other bikes and to what ever bike shows up next in my garage.
    My Givi outback trekkers were used on my long gone Yamaha S10 and are now hanging on my GSA. My plan would be to hang them on the V85. My trekkers were the 1st black set to arrive in the US, They've got a lot of miles on them, they still look great, and function as new.... luv them!!!!!

In the past I've spent big $$$ on OEM panniers that were useless on any other bike. It's what manufactures do to get more of our $$$.... planned obsolesce. Never again will I take that bait on panniers.

Paul

12. gimpo

gimpo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Rumors say that it will cost around 11-11.5K EUR in Italy (where VAT is higher than in other EU countries). But, anyway, there is nothing definitive about that.

The inherent "simplicity" of the bike should stimulate many producer to fabricate many aftermarket accessories, IMO.

13. emaxt6

Yes, estimates are around 11k euros in Italy for a public price listing. Usually in our country you expect discounts and incentives on a new bike.
    It seems consistent with the market, price wise.

14. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Always interesting to see how prices vary around the world.

emaxt6 likes this.
  15. Tomintoul

Tomintoul Tuned and Synch'ed

Not sure about the TFT dash in the photos - looks like they decided to fit it last minute, so they chopped a hole in the clocks. Why the need for the idiot lights anyway? Surely that could all be displayed on the screen, like the Triumph or Big Jessie.

emaxt6 likes this.
  16. emaxt6

Agreed, the TFT design seen in the photos appears toyish.

Seems to me those portable Atari console of the '80 with a little screen in the middle with a pre printed theme colored content as a frame, where the controls would rest and maybe a SuperMario (how fitting :)) graphic.

If it is too costly to enlarge the screen to cover the whole area, just leave the frame black or something, it would change the whole effect... it is in the details.

The compass like thing background design is dissonant with the sobriety of the model and at least to me is ridiculous... we know it is an "adventure" bike, trying so hard is not needed :)

Tomintoul likes this.
  17. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Here in Oz we pay the "Australia tax". It's the price premium you pay just for living in Oz. If there's 1 thing vendors (of every sort) in Oz have perfected, it's ripping off Ozzies.

BenRCMC likes this.
  18. emaxt6

Tomintoul likes this.
  19. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

how about in english

20. Tomintoul

Tomintoul Tuned and Synch'ed

There's just no pleasing some folks :)

Stradagene and tobinh like this.