Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V85TT air filter.

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Tassie Mike, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Tassie Mike

Tassie Mike Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Taswegia, the best riding country in the world.
    Has anyone felt the need to replace the stock air filter? If so, with what?

2. ol phart

ol phart Just got it firing!

I haven't replaced mine as yet, but I did buy a K&N (part # MG-1315, this is a good quality brand) to have as a spare and maybe fit at the first service that I DO. My dealer is over 1200k from me so once the warranty is done I will do my own servicing, hopefully by then some one will have worked out how to remove the spanner from the dash. I do have a service agent where I live, but once out of warrant I would rather do my own servicing (I am a qualified mechanical trades person).

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

4. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Unfortunately, no such luck for the modern Guzzis. Dealers have to pay a considerable subscription to use the software, and they are connected by the interweb to the factory. No connection, no spanner eradication.

I would love someone to tell me I'm wrong, and the procedure how to do this.

5. ol phart

Well I might just have to put a piece of tape on the dash them. If I cant see it its not there lol.

Mayakovski likes this.
  6. BarryVC

BarryVC Just got it firing!

I also was wondering about the service reminder. I had a tool to reset my BMW service reminder; nothing like that for my Guzzi yet, I guess. I will be hard pressed to travel 125 miles just to get it reset.

7. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

it's so inconsequential who cares!
    Now about that MoFo who decided that there needed to be a flashing green light just to tell me the cruise was active, now he needs castration!

john zibell likes this.
  8. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

I've been known to forget that my bike is running on cruise control. I get a little exciteg as I try to throttle off and nothing happens. As a consequence, I seldom use it.

But I'm happy to see a tiny light to tell me I'm in that mode. My memory is fading, but isn't the flashing mean the cruise control is switched on, but not active? When it's active, it's a solid light.

9. ol phart

Your memory is right on the money Dave, but for me the flashing green light is annoying, why didn't they make it solid amber when on but not active as many other manufactures do.

10. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

yes and there actually is another black icon in the screen to say it's on also. I rarely use the cruise either but but when I kick it off I don't want to be constantly trying to turn of the turn signals that the flashing green light says are on. nit picking on an almost perfect bike but ...