Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

V85TT Exhaust Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 24, 2019.

?

I own a V85TT and...

1. Love this muffler and will buy it!

37.5%
  2. Prefer a more standard style muffler.

50.0%
  3. Will stick with stock.

12.5%
  1. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Alright, sounds good then.

I'll purchase the Y-pipe and muffler or possibly just the muffler until the tuning is done.

Just some clarification, please. You mentioned that the Y pipe and headers will be sold as a set since they are of larger diameter. Does that mean your Y pipe will not fit the stock headers?

Will Y-pipe + muffler combo cause deterimental leaning issues or would the bike be fine?

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I will offer two versions for the Y:
    1. One to fit stock headers and stock or aftermarket mufflers, or;
    2. A larger diameter inlet on the one only used with my full header system.

Several companies are offering the combo right now, but they have quite restrictive mufflers. Since I haven't yet seen any air/fuel data, I will say that it likely leans the motor out even more, which I say is detrimental until the fueling is fixed. That won't stop anyone else from buying the big name versions though of course.

3. GT-Rx®

Stock bash plate with my prototype stepped header system, without the silly cover hiding the ugly/puny sized section of stock headers.

541B41CD-1B9F-4F19-8995-392B49031BDE.jpeg

Poppe, Mayakovski and Faisal like this.
  4. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I actually like the cover. I mean I don't hate it, it looks fine to me but to each his own.

Waiting on your sound clips! Can't wait to hear her burble with a proper exhaust.

5. GT-Rx®

Will post a video tomorrow, but for now a pic of our first production muffler...

412D0FDC-F1B1-4E3F-A31E-9666FFE837D6.jpeg

6. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Looks awesome.

How much longer is the long version going to be compared to the short version?

7. GT-Rx®

Thanks, I think so too.
    Just beyond the bag, or any length you want as it’s custom (for you, for now).

8. GT-Rx®

9. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Oh, yes. I can only imagine how much sound the cat is robbing.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  10. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Looking and sounding great.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  11. GT-Rx®

Poppe likes this.
  12. GT-Rx®

From the two people on the pole that wanted something more standard, We're a dealer for QD, and they are now offering both a Ti muffler and Y-pipe cat-elim pipe (shown below), links below. If you are outside of the U.S., contact me direct email as I can drop-ship; Info at GuzziTech.com

I will have my Y-pipe and full system online soon as well... as soon as I can get into the ECU for fueling.

https://gtmotocycles.com/products/qd-v85tt-slip-on-ti-muffler
    https://gtmotocycles.com/products/qd-v85tt-y-pipe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robert Gibson and Mayakovski like this.
  13. DAllmon

DAllmon Just got it firing!

I am very interested in the Y pipe, mostly for weight savings, but even if I kept the stock muffler after changing to the Y pipe wouldn't that cause a lean fueling situation? I guess what I'm asking is should I wait until fuel mapping is available before changing any of the exhaust components?

Best,
    David

GT-Rx® likes this.
  14. GT-Rx®

Very good. I've put them online as we should be done production on the Y-pipes today; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-v85tt-y-pipe

I've repeated myself for almost two decades, but I'll post here in this thread... ;)
    A bone stock bike is set up for lean emissions, so even it can be massively corrected to run better, cooler and extend the life of the engine, not just the through warranty period (which is a massive irony). That said, most others stick their heads in the sand to sell product and say nothing about fueling, letting the uninformed install products to their detriment thinking the stock fueling system will "adjust." It doesn't.

Since I haven't yet done testing for AFRs on the stock bike (but I will soon), hard to say what just a cat elim Y-pipe with stock muffler will yield. The minute I have ECU access, I will update all on this Forum section, likely with a new post.

I also have the mufflers available now, one long version in stock; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-v85tt-meg - sale pricing ends 9/1.

7A4417FD-5A07-4F2C-90FD-7CACF2A4C04B.jpeg 83714EDA-6947-43A8-8789-E0AE6254A033.jpeg

Herbiedacious, DAllmon and Mayakovski like this.
  15. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Just curious, Todd. Since the ECU is a 7SM (same as the Cali 1400) don't you already have ECU access?

16. GT-Rx®

Technically yes, however the ECU map not yet as it must be decoded still. It is different enough from the Cal 1400, when not using shareware.

17. DAllmon

DAllmon Just got it firing!

Ok, got it. I do appreciate you repeating yourself for my benefit. I knew that the factory mapping tended to run lean for emissions, just not to what extent. I will be watching the board for your updates!

18. GT-Rx®

Mayakovski likes this.
  19. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Love that throaty sound.

20. martin Gray

martin Gray Just got it firing!

My new V85TT is due to land any day now, local dealer was kind enough to let me have there demo V85tt for the weekend ( madness about to set in through not riding for 8 weeks, old bike sold and gone)
    Loaded the wife on the back and away we went, i eagerly await your full pipe and ecu tune Todd, After riding a 125hp bike, i feel the Guzzi needs an extra 10hp at least, 20 would be better, dreams are free.
    I am sure i will get used to the Guzzi, after all, i got it to "slow down" a bit!