• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

John, thanks for your feedback.

Fitting this hugger this was the first time I'd removed the rear wheel on the V85TT and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Compared to our Breva 750 and V7, there's plenty of room inside the swing arm and the cush drive rubbers are a breeze to locate on the hub during reassembly.
Thanks for the reply Chris

Have the ADV boxes mounted. Look good and work great. I hope Chris is enjoying the Travel boxes.

KIMG2899

Turbulence coming up and behind the windscreen, I saw something similar that bolted the gas tank, I built this prototype from some scrap SS, might fine tune them and use fiberglass. E6C32066 4DB3 4691 A08D 165A08521A70 07EC61B4 3231 433A A813 E1587648761D

So I had a shop CNC machine a backplate and had a back rest installed. The bolts are very industrial, I know. I'll be getting some allen bolts that are more flush, maybe black powder coat the backplate and the backrest adapter, or just keep them as it is, I haven't decided yet.

The backplate is stainless steel of 2mm thickness. I had them cut the Moto Guzzi "logo" on the backplate, which I drew by hand, which is fine, but not the best MG logo. I honestly didn't care since I just wanted to test the backplate and it was only something like $40 to make.

I would probably make one out of 4-5mm thick stainless steel IF I decide to cut a proper MG logo on it. If I decide to do it without the logo, then I think 2mm is enough.

I had a 75 kg (165 lbs) passenger test it, and they said they didn't feel any flexing of the backplate, but I would probably just increase the thickness for safety.

And in case anyone was meaning to ask, I hate top cases.

View attachment 21364 View attachment 21365 View attachment 21366

Hi Faisal, do you have a link available for the back rest itself, I think this is a useful comfort addition for my pillion. Kind regards, Mark.

Adventurerider, it does work! Next time your riding above 40 mph, put the cruise control on and hold your hands to cover the area above the fork tubes. I ride with a Moto Guzzi's touring shield and a laminar lip. Its really much nicer especially if traveling at highway speeds.

Hi Faisal, do you have a link available for the back rest itself, I think this is a useful comfort addition for my pillion. Kind regards, Mark.
Thanks Faisal, Do you have any details of where I can purchase the actual cushioned backrest as it looks well proportioned on the bike and judging by the photos has some up/down adjustability.

Just picked up a 2022 V85tt limited guardian model. Came from the world of BMW gs’s and ktm adventure bikes.
I love the fast way Footpegs but they don’t have a listing for this bike.
Does anyone know of any previous model I’m the aprillia line, similar to the front fender application, will cross reference and fit to the v85tt? I can get the pivot pegs which work very well but my guess is that there are other options of different pegs that will fit.

Thanks!
Andrew

hello everyone, for the turbulence I printed this object in 3d.

20230829 143411 20230829 143418

Given the heat in Italy this summer, I didn't like not knowing the oil temperature, so I bought this tool to be mounted on the oil cooler predisposition, and I printed the tool holder in 3D

20230811 130312 20230811 130401 20230811 131319 20230823 154436 20230823 154440

I installed the sensor on the oil radiator predisposition which is present on the oil sump,

I'm reprinting the supports with a resin 3D printer and I'll finish the job finally!

Attachments

• 20240110_164455.jpg
    20240110_164455.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240119_172329.jpg
    20240119_172329.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240120_170144.jpg
    20240120_170144.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240120_154004~2.jpg
    20240120_154004~2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I don't remember what I did it was two years ago. No big deal though. I just put them on a v7III and didn't use the springs as the straight section was too short. If I find I need them I will slide a roll pin over the spring to lengthen.

I don't remember what I did it was two years ago. No big deal though. I just put them on a v7III and didn't use the springs as the straight section was too short. If I find I need them I will slide a roll pin over the spring to lengthen.
Thanks for getting back to me, sure everything will be clear when I have em in my clammy hands...

I've just fitted a Power Bronze touring screen to replace the OE short screen. I run with the new screen set at maximum height, no buffeting, but the wind does catch the very top of my helmet. I'm 6ft with a 31 inside leg, so shortish legs and longish body. If I have the screen lower it causes bufetting. I need to do a few more miles at higher speeds to be sure I'm OK with it. V85tt PB screen2

I've just fitted a Power Bronze touring screen to replace the OE short screen. I run with the new screen set at maximum height, no buffeting, but the wind does catch the very top of my helmet. I'm 6ft with a 31 inside leg, so shortish legs and longish body. If I have the screen lower it causes bufetting. I need to do a few more miles at higher speeds to be sure I'm OK with it.View attachment 32809
That looks good and a way better price than OEM. Not sure I can get that one in Canada but will do some digging.

That looks good and a way better price than OEM. Not sure I can get that one in Canada but will do some digging.
I can second what Fatal said. I'm 6'4 with 35" inseam so similar above seat height, find the Powerbronze best about midway tilt, but fitted an Aliexpress screen extension, looks like a MRA knockoff. Works well but wobbles a bit. Might replace with the genuine expensive article now I know it works...

I can second what Fatal said. I'm 6'4 with 35" inseam so similar above seat height, find the Powerbronze best about midway tilt, but fitted an Aliexpress screen extension, looks like a MRA knockoff. Works well but wobbles a bit. Might replace with the genuine expensive article now I know it works...
Thanks! Since you have about 5" on me, should be good with that. I found an OEM touring screen on eBay that is (apparently) in almost new shape for 100 Euros. Cheers and have a great evening. In the meantime, I am riding with no screen which seems better that the midface buffeting. I'll need to test that theory out if it ever stops raining...

I have recently installed the Pyramid rear hugger on my V85TT. Hopefully, this series of pictures will prove useful to someone contemplating buying one or about to fit one.

As you would expect the instructions supplied with the hugger are more than adequate to complete the task. The rear wheel must be removed so you can access the two inner M8 bolts on the shaft drive housing. Pyramid recommend using a high quality T40 Torx key on these bolts. I used an extra-long T40 key manufactured in Germany by Stahlwille tools. Their hardened steel Torx keys have correctly formed ends and fit the Guzzi bolts perfectly.

The instructions state that the casing around the bolts must be heated for five minutes with a hot air gun to soften and release the thread lock applied on the production line.

Added 20th January 2021:
I used a cut down extra long allen key and Loctite 262 red when installing the new bolts. The torque figure for these bolts is 25NM.

Even though there is a fair amount of work involved to install the right-hand mounting bracket, I am pleased with the result. The hugger is solidly mounted with no flexing and there is more than enough clearance between the swing arm and tyre.

View attachment 21225 View attachment 21226 View attachment 21227 View attachment 21228 View attachment 21229 View attachment 21230 View attachment 21231 View attachment 21232
Did you follow the instructions that the casing around the bolts must be heated for five minutes with a hot air gun to soften and release the thread lock applied on the production line. or could the bolts be loosened without the use of a heat gun.
Best regards Steffen

So....after much thought I fitted a small fan under the tank and pointed "forward" to the inner cylinder banks. Wired it in with a separate toggle. For such a small fan, it has a surprising amount of CFM. Being winter here in New England, I can't report any findings, but it HAS to be somewhat effective in the summer stop and go traffic. It's a rather crude method to hold it in place, but it works.

Attachments

• IMG_4294.jpg
    IMG_4294.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4295.jpg
    IMG_4295.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4296.jpg
    IMG_4296.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG