Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V85TT Mods Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Faisal, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi, you need kit SKU: R2006 @ 36.60 Euro. I can't put a direct link on here but search for isotta-srl.com and enter that part number for the V85TT accessories and you'll find it.

Hope that helps....

r2006_2.jpg

exit27 and Poppe like this.
  2. Göran Bjerklow

Göran Bjerklow Just got it firing!

Thank You very much!

3. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I'd love to see a v85TT screen that protects the headlights, but adds a different color to the flying eagle LED. I've seen it on the GS models where the protector has a colored plastic sheet that sits over where their DRL is and then creates a new color for the DRL.

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Well, I think that technically would make it illegal in almost every state. ;)

roadscum and Poppe like this.
  5. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

But... Aren't most mods illegal in almost every state? :speechless:

Nevertheless, I would like it for someone / a company to make a pillion backrest for the V8TT. It's ready to be bolted on to the stock rear rack which is nice. So if anyone finds someone that makes a pillion backrest, please keep us updated, if Todd will allow it of course!

Poppe likes this.
  6. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes, but colors other than spec on lights is a definite no-no here in the States.

OK, so I just did this with the 1400 and regretted it... but how much would you be willing to spend on such an item, and what would you want it to look like? Full grab rail/rack replacement or ?
    Non-hyperlinks are welcome for products we don't sell. I pay dearly for this site and upkeep, so no free advertising. ;)

Poppe likes this.
  7. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I wonder if you'd get stopped though since it's not technically a light, just a film that specifically covers the eagle, nothing else.

Found a picture of the example I was thinking about, not the best photo of it but you get the purpose here. The one I'm thinking of does a metal screen around the light, and plastic cover over where the DRL is and creates it yellow like this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  8. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Understood on the hyperlink part.

As for the backrest, I was thinking something like what Sargent Cycle does for their backrests, I feel that will be a good discreet look for the V85, and as for pricing, something around the range of $400 I feel would be a fair price.

9. Göran Bjerklow

Göran Bjerklow Just got it firing!

From the same Italian producer Isotta who makes the thumb screwss for the screen on pictures earlier, I also found a nice looking backrest for pillion mounted on the top box. Looks nice, ordered it.

10. exit27

exit27 Just got it firing!

A handmade mudguard. It's from Aprilia Dorsoduro, but there's who put from Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally because mounts a wheel 19"
    [​IMG]

Chris Jessop likes this.
  11. Chris Jessop

Thanks for posting. I've been looking for something similar and it's nice to know that there's a possible solution out there.

Found this drawing that relates to the Aprilia Caponord Rally 1200:

caponord_1200_rally_2015-2016_page_0021_image_0003.jpg

exit27 and Poppe like this.
  12. exit27

I just ordered my dealer the mudguard and handguard, both the Caponord Rally. When I have it, I'll put some photos

TimmyTheHog likes this.
  13. Tommy Nilsson

Tommy Nilsson Just got it firing!

frontfender 2.jpg frontmudguard.jpg

Faisal, exit27 and Chris Jessop like this.
  14. Chris Jessop

Tommy, many thanks for posting that picture. I'll definitely order one of those Caponord mudguards when I return home.

15. exit27

16. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

17. Chris Jessop

We spotted this modified V85TT at the factory in Mandello yesterday at the Open House event. It was fitted with an oil cooler and various other parts. It was in the staff car and motorcycle parking area so I had to take the pictures from a distance, through a wire fence.

IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1547.JPG

boscoman and GT-Rx® like this.
  18. Stornello#73

Stornello#73 Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Were you able to purchase this item from their website? When I tried to buy it, at the checkout there was no country option for Great Britain or USA. Yet there was a veritable laundry list of other countries. Is there an Isotta distributor in the USA?

19. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Can anyone post the part numbers? I seem to find a few part number for different models, I don't want to order the incorrect one

20. Chris Jessop

I bought my Isotta screen through Teo Lamers in Nijmegen, Netherlands. The screen came complete with the rake adjusting thumb wheels. It was only during research for part numbers etc. that I came across the Isotta website, I haven't bought anything direct from them. I can't find the UK or USA in their list of countries either, which seems a bit strange.

Further research shows no distributor in the USA but there are three shown in the UK.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019