Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

V85TT Mods Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Faisal, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Tuned and Synch'ed

Faisal, the part number for the Caponord 1200 front mudguard is 2B003404. A UK stockist shows the price as 59.95 GBP / 67.87 Euro.

2. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Is the part number you provided the same as the picture by Tommy Nillson? I feel the part number you gave is smaller than this?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  3. Chris Jessop

aprilia front mudguard.png

Faisal, item 1 on this drawing from the Caponord 1200 parts list is part number 2B003404. I haven't ordered it yet but I believe it is the same as the one in Tommy's picture.

4. exit27

exit27 Just got it firing!

That drawing is from aprilia Tuono 1100, not Caponord. The part number from Caponord is 2B0024475

Chris Jessop likes this.
  5. Chris Jessop

Thanks for clarifying. I haven't ordered one yet because of the confusion. That drawing and part number was taken from Fowlers (UK Aprilia spare distributors) list for the Caponord 1200.

I will now order the 2B0024475 in complete confidence that I will get the right thing :whew:.....

6. exit27

How does this screen work for you? Is it wider than the original? I am thinking of another one that is higher because the original high screen creates turbulence and I think it is narrower than Isotta.

7. Chris Jessop

I've just spent 3 weeks and 2,800 miles sat behind the Isotta medium screen and, apart from being a bit noisy at 70/80 mph, it proved very useful. I had hardly any bugs on my helmet after a days riding in warm, sunny weather. I'm glad I fitted it before the tour because it made it a whole more comfortable. There was no tiring wind pressure or excessive turbulence.

The standard screen that came with the bike measures 380mm wide x 320mm tall while the Isotta medium screen measures:

Guzzi V85TT Isotta Medium Screen.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  8. exit27

Tanks. ;)

9. Chris Jessop

FYI, there's a 'Extenda Fenda' available to fit the Caponord 1200 Rally mudguard 2B0024475.

UK company, Pyramid Plastics, product code: 057173. Price 19.50 GBP.

V85TT Fender Extenda B.jpg V85TT Fender Extenda A.jpg

tsak8 likes this.
  10. Derek Wardell

Derek Wardell Just got it firing!

Thanks for the info on the Caponord front mudguard. However, there seems to be a problem in supply - probably because so many folks have cottoned on that it fits the V85. I ordered the part from the "Aprilia Genuine Parts UK" website https://www.apriliagenuineparts.co....ame-caponord-1200-rally-e3-abs-nafta-2016.php The cost is actually a very reasonable £32.39 + £10.78 postage. The website accepted my order but the following day I was called by Teasdale M/Cs who explained they would be the supplier, bu that the part was out of stock, on back order, and no confirmed date for supply. I took a refund, but the website still shows the part as available. So, beware if you are ordering in UK. Better to give Teasdale a call first.

11. Uncle Tony

Uncle Tony Just got it firing!

Don't hold your breath Derick! I've had mine on order from MSP in Holland since 19/08/19.

12. Derek Wardell

Derek Wardell Just got it firing!

Yes, that's what I thought Tony, so I got a refund. When someone cottons on to the sudden demand I'm sure other options will become available.
    Has anyone found a hugger for the rear wheel yet?

13. philthunder

philthunder Just got it firing!

Be aware that later Caponord fendas were longer and that extender does not fit properly, it was for the short version.
    Be sure you get the right fenda. The longer fenda was introduced to help stop muck covering everything. The Rally, I understand had the longer one fitted as standard. Might be some confusion if they changed the part number of the fenda. I would check you are getting the longer version, The factory listings are often out of date and that drawing looks like the shorter version. PC100089.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Chris Jessop likes this.
  14. Chris Jessop

Phil, thanks for that information about the Extenda. I have 2B0024475 on back order with Fowlers. Judging by the earlier comments it may be sometime before I see it.

On a more positive note, I'm having the Guzzi heated grip kit (2S001325*) fitted tomorrow afternoon at Teasdale Motorcycles. Just in time for the colder weather.

* and yes, that's the correct part number :blush:......

15. philthunder

Not many good reports on the Guzzi heated grips, but they may have changed :wasntme: The Aprillia's were just as bad.

16. Chris Jessop

I'll report back on the grips later tomorrow.

v85tt heated grips.jpg

17. Uncle Tony

TBH, I've found heated grips pretty useless when it gets cold. They certainly have their limitations but are convenient and offer some warmth on Autumn evenings.
    These on the other hand are cheaper and will keep your hands proper toasty. I've used them as low as minus 2 deg centigrade and I was warm.
    [​IMG]

18. Uncle Tony

Cyclops spots wired up along with GPS and handlebar Hella sockets for gloves on bars.
    [​IMG]

19. philthunder

I use Oxford or Daytona heated grips these days, too hot to hold on high even at -5C, combined with Outlast gloves and handguards. On the Stelvio, I found the Oxford control switch very bulky so tried using the Guzzi connectors from the bar switch, voltage too low just about ok on an Autumn evening, and I think that is the problem, the feed comes out of the clocks display, which seems to restrict the voltage. I hope the V85 is different. I'm looking to change soon but so far I find the seat to pegs room restrictive. The old legs don't like being cramped :cry:
    Uncle Tony I hope you didn't pay Amazon's Cyclops price for those :lipssealed:

20. Chris Jessop

I had the Guzzi heated grips fitted at Teasdale Motorcycles this afternoon and I'm very pleased with them. Similar, if not the same, as the Guzzi kit I fitted to my Breva 1100, they're very effective and super easy to operate. I don't ride in very cold (below 5 C) conditions so although there might be warmer heated grips/gloves on the market, these suit my needs exactly.

While waiting for the grips to be fitted I spotted these two new V85TT's alongside Teasdale's demo bike. One modification to these new models is a redesigned cable/wire guide to stop them rubbing against the TFT display housing. I'll definitely order one of these.

IMG_1883_LI.jpg IMG_1875.JPG IMG_1878.JPG IMG_1879.JPG

philthunder, Dah-Dit and TimmyTheHog like this.