• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

I ordered my 2B0024475 on 27th September with Fowlers in Bristol. Still waiting for delivery but at this time of year that isn't a problem, the V85TT is wrapped up for Winter and it won't see regular use again until late February/early March. Hopefully I'll have the mudguard by then.

You'd think Guzzi would at the very least offer this mudguard as an optional accessory along with pannier cases etc, especially as it's an inhouse Piaggio product. They must be aware of the large number of orders being placed for 2B0024475 since the V85TT was launched.

I also purchased a Caponord mudguard (2B001431) from MSP and mine has arrived. V85newmudgaurd Looks like it was meant to be there.over chritmas I may see what it looks like with out the high mudguard.
Al

So it appears that they have changed the part number once again? My order (2B0024475) is still on back order too....

Got mine last Saturday, unfortunately they gave me the wrong extender. I was out last Thursday ,Friday,Saturday without the mudguard, I don't think I've ever seen a bike that mucky.

So I just had the center stand, plastic / aluminum panniers, engine guard, and fog light installed (waiting on lower seat + foldable mirrors), and here's my 2 cents.

Center stand: VERRRY easy to use. Absolutely no effort whatsoever to place the bike on its center stand. I have a 2012 R1200GS and 2017 KTM Super Adventure S, and the center stand on the Guzzi is MUCH MUCH easier to operate. I sometimes feel like I have to actually lift the GS to place it on its center stand, while the KTM's is easy to use, but the Guzzi's is even easier. Must have in my opinion. The only slight issue I find is that I cannot pivot the bike between the rear and front wheel. It always stays on its front wheel, even if I place some force on the back, it will not rest on the rear tire. On my other 2 ADV bikes I can "choose" which tire that the bike rests on, but that's a very minor annoyance to be honest.

Fog lights: Plug and play install, pretty straight forward. They illuminate the corners more obviously, but not much more infront of the bike. The stock low beam is already good enough, though. I have adjusted them multiple times to see the range of the fog light beams, but its more of a horizontal illumination, which is fine enough.

The only negative is that because they are plug and play, you can only have them on along with the low beam. You cannot have the DRL + fog lights on, it has to be DRL + low beam + fog lights.

Engine Guards: Easy to install. Visually, they seem to do the job well if you were to have an unfortunate tip over. I believe they are produced by Agostini, and if that is the case, then it's high quality build as long as I'm concerned with my experience of their engine guards on my V7ii.

Panniers: Left side pannier has abysmal storage space because of the exhaust cutout. I would have liked if they placed a net pocket on the inside of the lid as to hold your stuff since thr inside is very snug to hold large items due to the weird geometey of the exhaust cut out.

The right side pannier is massive. It will easily fit a helmet. My Scorpion EXO-AT950 (small) fits without any problems with space to spare (sort of).

The locking mechanism is just silly. It's a basic large hook that hooks to the lid obviously, but they didn't integrate it into the pannier with much thought. There is a plastic guard for the hook that sits lower than the top of the inside of the pannier (I'll update this post later with that picture), which you need to care for when you place your helmet, otherwise you'll bang the helmet on the plastic guard.

There are two tabs on the top corners of the panniers that you open to get access to your pannier along with a key. The keys to the panniers are independent and, unfortunately and stupidly, they decided that you must have the key in the lock when you decide you want to put or remove something from the panniers, meaning you MUST have the key with you at all times should you decide that you are going to use your panniers for your commute or trip. Once you unlock the pannier, you CANNOT remove the key unless you lock it again, meaning you cannot have the tabs the only means of securing or locking / unlocking your panniers, you have to use the key as well.

They are easy to remove from their brackets with a turn of the key on the side of the panniers along with a short push and remove motion.

The mirrors are wider than the panniers but I believe the panniers may be slightly wider than the handlebar.

Here is a clip from YouTube of the panniers in action:

That's it for now. Here are some photos with most of the parts installed.

View attachment 17534 View attachment 17535 View attachment 17536 View attachment 17537

You probably already received and installed the "low" seat. I recently purchased a V85TT also with the low seat. Just for comparison I put the stock seat on and there was virtually no difference in the seat heights. Did you notice the same?

You probably already received and installed the "low" seat. I recently purchased a V85TT also with the low seat. Just for comparison I put the stock seat on and there was virtually no difference in the seat heights. Did you notice the same?

I actually did notice some difference in height between the low and regular seat, and I IMMEDIATELY changed it back to the stock seat after just one ride with the low seat.

I hated the ergonomics of the seating position so I changed it back.

I can't flat foot with the stock seat but with the low seat I am able to flat foot with ease.

So if anyone wants to purchase a very very minimally used low seat, message me.

Why did you reinstall it if I may ask, since you mentioned you liked it without the beak.
After living with it a while I decided it did not quite look right from certain angles. it is only 4 bolts and 2 plastic clips so I put it back.
Even with the beak, the Caponord mudguard and a fenda extenda it was no match for the Brecon Beacons at the weekend, the Guzzi was plastered everywhere with nasty grey road glup

Pyramid Plastics UK are developing a range of useful products for the V85TT. These will include a rear hugger and a front mudguard.

Frame end caps, part number SKU: 089860, are available now and nicely finish off the headlight mounting frame.

Pryamid Frame End Caps a SKU 089860 Pyramid Frame End Caps SKU  089860

Frame end caps, part number SKU: 089860, are available now and nicely finish off the headlight mounting frame.

View attachment 19103 View attachment 19104

At £19 for 4 plugs, these calculate out at £4.75 each. I have already fitted plastic bungs supplied by Para Rubber in New Zealand for NZ$0.40 (40 cents NZ) each. You don't need a currency converter to work out the Pyramid Plastics versions are incredibly overpriced.

I also used another size to bung up the rear carrier bolts.

At £19 for 4 plugs, these calculate out at £4.75 each. I have already fitted plastic bungs supplied by Para Rubber in New Zealand for NZ$0.40 (40 cents NZ) each. You don't need a currency converter to work out the Pyramid Plastics versions are incredibly overpriced.

I also used another size to bung up the rear carrier bolts.
Same here, my local B&Q stocks a selection of sizes of bungs and my local Axminster(tool shop) had screen adjuster knobs, Total expenditure: about £7.

As we say in Yorkshire, 'its only money' :)......

Don't forget, companies have to cover the cost of research and development, extensive road testing, fancy packaging and printing fitting instructions.

Does anyone use a handlebar bag?
I know I've seen a few posts with pictures somewhere but I don't remember where.
Looking for something which fits nicely on the V85 bars and am not interested in a tank bag. I mostly need somewhere to store my ID so that it is easily accessible when going to work and possibly keep a phone in there.

Back