• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

Google is your friend. Amazon, Aliexpress, and Revzilla are the first three that showed in my search.

Not for me!
Yes, but some may work better than others. There is one website that sells one specifically for the V85, it shows a longer bag than what is used for other bikes by a good couple of inches. So the question is whether anyone has one that works for them, anyone can just google but still have no idea what they are going to end up with.

Screen Shot 2020 03 16 at 60514 pm

remembered see this on another forum
so a Wunderlich handlebar bag - "barbag media" style in large fits
but if I remember it wasn't cheap when I looked it up

Thanks guys, my searching capabilities are inferior to yours but that was what I was looking for. It's the pictures of the bag installed on the V85 which help out so much.
The Wunderlich bags do look very nice, but they are proud of them and I'm assuming the price is justified.

It was only when recently looking at a picture of a V85TT prototype that I realised that there was a plug which covers these holes in the crankcase. Cheap as chips and 10 days delivery from Italy. If you don't have engine bars fitted the engine looks far better with these in place. Don't know why Guzzi don't fit them as standard, they're shown in the parts list.

IMG 2204 IMG 2207 IMG 2211 IMG 2212

Last edited:
When we bought our V85TT last June we fitted a simple handlebar clamp RAM ball mount for the Garmin sat-nav. It wasn't an ideal place because it partially obscured the TFT display and was really a stop-gap measure until an after-market V85TT mount became available.

We've now fitted the Givi system and the sat-nav is in a more user-friendly location.

V85TT specific fairing upper bracket, part number FB8203.
Universal anodised aluminium support, part number S902A.
Garmin Zumo adaptor to fit S902A, part number SGZ39SM.

IMG 1244 2 IMG 2226 IMG 2216 IMG 2221 IMG 2224 IMG 2230

Looks like a clusterfxxk to me.

Why not just go with the MG Navigator system that displays on the dashboard? Sure, it;s expensive, but possibly similar cost as the conglomeration you've clobbered together here. Can't imagine it tolerating the supposedly crap UK weather that you guys have to endure.

As usual, just my $0.02¢.

All comments welcome, negative or positive. It looks OK to us. In fact, the aluminium bracket is a work of art :inlove:......

I did look at the MIA system when we bought the bike but I don't posses the tech that you need to use it. I use the Garmin sat-nav on two other machines, the Breva 11 and a Buell Ulysses, so it was a natural step to source a suitable set-up for the V85TT.

Last edited:
I also used one of those Givi mount brackets. I actually cut about 20mm off the top as it stuck up ridiculously high for my Zumo 396. At first it did wobble and shake, but I have since received my touring screen and since fitting that it seems to be reasonably stable now. Don't know why changing the screen would have changed anything but is seems much better now. Even though I have the MIA system I still prefer the Zumo, gives me a more accurate speed, I actually ride off GPS speed and not the bike speedo. I mainly got the MIA for the ride data info. I'm still loving the bike :cool:, just a pity I cant ride much with all these carona restrictions in place. Don't tell anybody but I did ride 60k the other day to get milk, lol.

I fitted it over the Easter weekend and haven't had the opportunity to ride the bike yet so I can't confirm what it's like on the road. There was a small amount of slack when the SGZ39SM Garmin adaptor plate was bolted up onto the end of the S902A bracket but I've remedied this by fitting a small cable tie around the OD of the slot (on the red bit) and now there's no movement at all. This little fix is hidden from view.

IMG 2230

The whole installation is very solid and I don't anticipate any problems.

I bought this bracket from Gimpo Garage: gimpogarage.de/GPS-holder-x-Guzzi-V85-v1

I liked that it used more mounting points as it makes me believe it will be a bit more sturdy. He also makes a low profile mounting plate which I bought.

I run a simple setup, Kyocera Duraforce Pro cell phone (bought used on eBay for about $30) and then one of a variety of free, offline, mapping apps. I use a Hondo Garage Perfect Squeeze mount to hold the phone to the mounting plate, yes this is an expensive mount and there are cheaper options out there.

I also tried mounting with a RAM ball on the trip clamp, it worked to get me home from the dealership but meant really taking your eyes off the road to see what was going on. Mounted above the dash is better in this regard.

Photo without phone attached. Bracket is offset to keep the phone centered on the bike, buttons on the phone mean phone is not centered in bracket.

Even though I have the MIA system I still prefer the Zumo, gives me a more accurate speed, I actually ride off GPS speed and not the bike speedo.

Just be aware Neil, the GPS speed setting will only account for horizontal speed. Any vertical speed vector will not be included, such as when descending down a long hill. That nasty radar gun aimed at you does include this vector.

My V85 is 7 kph optimistic, i.e, when it's reading 107 kph the bike is only doing 100 kph. Seems to be consistent right through the normal speeds I travel at, it's like the speedo needle is bent on a older analogue speedometer.

Back