• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

Screen options for the V85TT Travel (2021 euro 5)

Anyone tried the Secdem screen?

secdem.fr/en/catalogue-produit.php?reference=BG012HP

Does the one they advertise for the 2019 fit the 2021?

V85TT Travel (2021 euro 5) indicators

From behind the OEM indicators are not particulary visible.

Anyone upgraded for better visibility, if so what did you use and how easy were they to fit?

Enquiry what's the latest re exhaust modifications and muffler changes, does the Zard can fit 2021 V85?, are there other options?
MIVV, Arrows or is the only worthwhile option Todds.
Also has anyone tried removing the air filter box and replace with a cone filter.

Regards

Tuono

Enquiry what's the latest re exhaust modifications and muffler changes, does the Zard can fit 2021 V85?, are there other options? MIVV, Arrows or is the only worthwhile option Todds.
I have yet to see a 2021 in the shop yet, but I'm guessing that the only difference is that they welded the headers to the Y-pipe/Cat. That said, I'm not seeing much online as a range including 2021 for most online mufflers. I've had one guy reach out to ask the same thing as he bought a muffler online and said it didn't fit.
Also has anyone tried removing the air filter box and replace with a cone filter.
You wouldn't want to do this until a map is available. I can develop one if anyone here in SoCal is interested in this mod, however a mod'ed air box lid has shown again and again that it is best for off idle and midrange power with very little sacrifice in top end power.

I guess I’m the 2021V85TT guinea pig with regards to exhaust as well as RapidBike Evo installation. I ran into a few problems. The first was that the headers have the large (18mm) bung instead of the newer (12mm) that comes on the 2021. I ran over to the local Harley dealer and got a pair of 18mm-12mm adapters and installed the sensors in the pipes. Next I began the installation of the RapidBike harness. After routing the O2 sensor branches of the harness up front, I found the original O2 sensor plugs buried deep under the steering head at the front were for four-wire O2 sensors not the two-wire ones on the earlier V85s. Maybe I should’ve anticipated this when I did the headers.
So, I’m not sure if the solution is going to be a pair of old O2 sensors or some type of harness jumpers to adapt to the new style sensors. In the meantime my bike is laid out, inop.
Has anybody out there dealt with this yet or am I the first? Todd?

I guess I’m the 2021V85TT guinea pig with regards to exhaust as well as RapidBike Evo installation. I ran into a few problems. The first was that the headers have the large (18mm) bung instead of the newer (12mm) that comes on the 2021. I ran over to the local Harley dealer and got a pair of 18mm-12mm adapters and installed the sensors in the pipes. Next I began the installation of the RapidBike harness. After routing the O2 sensor branches of the harness up front, I found the original O2 sensor plugs buried deep under the steering head at the front were for four-wire O2 sensors not the two-wire ones on the earlier V85s. Maybe I should’ve anticipated this when I did the headers.
So, I’m not sure if the solution is going to be a pair of old O2 sensors or some type of harness jumpers to adapt to the new style sensors. In the meantime my bike is laid out, inop.

I think you were probably the first - I thought the store was clear on this being available for 19-20 only since the ECU on the 21 is completely different than the 19-20. The RapidBIke tune is built specifically for those model years.

https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/all-products/products/rb-evo-fuel-kit-v85tt

"Get up to 80 RWHP* from your ('19-20 ONLY) V85TT with a GTM mod'ed Rapid Bike EVO add-on module!"

No, you are the first. I'm still waiting on RB to tell me the new unit is available. I imagine you'll need a new RB EVO harness. I wouldn't try to go deeper or run it.

Bob Bourget - Knight Design does not show those foot pegs fit the V85 TT. Just verifying that they do and you simply ordered the ones they state fit the V7? Thanks!

Bob Bourget - Knight Design does not show those foot pegs fit the V85 TT. Just verifying that they do and you simply ordered the ones they state fit the V7? Thanks!
I have a set of the pegs from my v7iii I’d let go on the cheap if you want them.

Just in time for electric vest season here in the Northeast... added a Hella/DIN Powerlet, which is something I've always done for my bikes. Ergonomically, this is an ideal position for the outlet. However, I wish I was a little more careful with the placement, as on the E5 bikes (maybe E4 as well... not sure) the main wire harness for the ECU is directly behind. I knew this going in (was extra careful when cutting the hole to protect the harness) but it ended up being a tighter fit than I anticipated. Once installed, the harness is now laying directly on top of the socket's connector. In hindsight, I probably would have tried to move the position of the socket lower so that getting the ECU harness to pass by it would be a bit easier.
IMG 2810

__Jason

I have yet to see a 2021 in the shop yet, but I'm guessing that the only difference is that they welded the headers to the Y-pipe/Cat. That said, I'm not seeing much online as a range including 2021 for most online mufflers. I've had one guy reach out to ask the same thing as he bought a muffler online and said it didn't fit.

You wouldn't want to do this until a map is available. I can develop one if anyone here in SoCal is interested in this mod, however a mod'ed air box lid has shown again and again that it is best for off idle and midrange power with very little sacrifice in top end power.
I agree. Do the air block off mod, install a K&N filter and make small cutouts in the airbox lid. Make sure you cut where the incoming air is forced through the filter. Also it is wise to coat the shelf that the air filter sets on with specific air filter sealant. My years desert racing taught me that lesson. Even a little sand, dirt etc leaking in under the filter can be deadly to an engine. Cheers, frank

Hi All: I recently installed the Rapidbike Fueling kit on my 2019 v85tt, the one found here : (https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/fueling/products/rb-evo-fuel-kit-v85tt). Works well, adds power and throttle response. However, there's a problem: After a couple of days' riding, the Check-engine light now comes on. Have any of you had this issue of the check-engine light coming on? I did the SAS block off fix but have not yet deleted/blocked-off the EVAP ABND tipoff valve as described in the following thread on the forum: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v85tt-evap-and-tip-info.19893/

i just broke a spark Plug cap, rubber was heat welded onto the head, when I tried to twist it, I heard it crack. No stock in OZ so I converted my caps (both) as they were extremely brittle. I also swapped out the spark plugs for off the shelf Nippo Denso IU24 (Exact copy of the NGK MR8BI stocker) this was due to I needed the removable tip to suit the new caps. But worthwhile as the NGK,s weren’t in stock either! Caps screw out of the leads with a bit of lube spray to help. Bike has 30 000kms on it.
Not sure if this has previously been commented on but I also found my rear brake caliper had seized on the floating pins, so take your rear caliper off and check it still moves side to side on its pins.

IMG 2135 IMG 2140 IMG 2141

Hi All: I recently installed the Rapidbike Fueling kit on my 2019 v85tt, the one found here : (https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/fueling/products/rb-evo-fuel-kit-v85tt). Works well, adds power and throttle response. However, there's a problem: After a couple of days' riding, the Check-engine light now comes on. Have any of you had this issue of the check-engine light coming on? I did the SAS block off fix but have not yet deleted/blocked-off the EVAP ABND tipoff valve as described in the following thread on the forum: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v85tt-evap-and-tip-info.19893/
I have had the Rapid Bike Evo for about 18 months. When I first installed it the Check Engine light seemed to come on at random then go off equally randomly. I can't prove this but I think the bike does that every time the module changes a setting. Once the ECU is happy that the new setting is OK, it switches the light back off. Whether I am correct or not, I have not actually had an issue with the bike and the dealer's computer has found everything OK at service time. I reckon, as long as it's not one of the big red warning messages, just keep riding and keep an eye on it.
BTW, for me on my 2020 V85TT, the biggest advantage of the Rapid Bike Evo was in eliminating an huge flat spot between 3000 and 4000 rpm.

So I had a shop CNC machine a backplate and had a back rest installed. The bolts are very industrial, I know. I'll be getting some allen bolts that are more flush, maybe black powder coat the backplate and the backrest adapter, or just keep them as it is, I haven't decided yet.

The backplate is stainless steel of 2mm thickness. I had them cut the Moto Guzzi "logo" on the backplate, which I drew by hand, which is fine, but not the best MG logo. I honestly didn't care since I just wanted to test the backplate and it was only something like $40 to make.

I would probably make one out of 4-5mm thick stainless steel IF I decide to cut a proper MG logo on it. If I decide to do it without the logo, then I think 2mm is enough.

I had a 75 kg (165 lbs) passenger test it, and they said they didn't feel any flexing of the backplate, but I would probably just increase the thickness for safety.

And in case anyone was meaning to ask, I hate top cases.

View attachment 21364 View attachment 21365 View attachment 21366
Looks good i like the idea the concept. It sounds like it's still a work in progress.
I've been looking for one myself don't use a top case on this bike but I've yet to find one

Has anyone been able to reset the "Service" icon on their V85TT yet? I know certified dealers can do it, but my local dealer refused to reset mine, because he hadn't done the service. A bit petty I thought, particularly since my V85TT is now out of it's warranty period, so I why should I pay inflated service prices if I feel I do as good a job or better.

It's only a little yellow spanner (wrench), just to the left of the gear indicator, but it annoys me.

Back