• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

I've noticed on your American market V85TT's that you have 'standard' indicators fitted, not the small LED units we have in Europe. I guess you have different regulations?

I've noticed on your American market V85TT's that you have 'standard' indicators fitted, not the small LED units we have in Europe. I guess you have different regulations?

Yes we do, Our regulating authority is stuck in the last century when it comes to upgrading lighting specifications.

For my BMW's I have purchase Euro LED indicators from my local BMW dealer. Maybe GT would like to offer Euro LED indicators for those with V85's???

Paul

Thanks, Paul.

17th July, news from our friends at Teo Lamers, Nijmegen in the Netherlands.

Since its introduction in April over 3500 V85TT's were built in Mandello and the list of backorders is growing still. After a long wait and several deliveries, we're happy to receive all colour variations at once and have them in stock. Their website: www.tlm.nl

V85TT TLM

Thanks, Paul.

17th July, news from our friends at Teo Lamers, Nijmegen in the Netherlands.

Since its introduction in April over 3500 V85TT's were built in Mandello and the list of backorders is growing still. After a long wait and several deliveries, we're happy to receive all colour variations at once and have them in stock. Their website: www.tlm.nl

Really such a shame we aren't getting the all red one here in the US.

Sunday 21st July. Running in process well on the way to completion, now 729 miles.

The Wagoners' Memorial in Sledmere village, East Yorkshire, England, is dedicated to the Wolds Wagoners Reserve, a corps that Sir Mark Sykes raised from the local population to fight in the First World War. It is noted for its unusual shape and its graphic scenes of war and country life.

IMG 1224 IMG 1219

I just realized the U.S versions don't have tinted windshields as well as the LED signals... Your DOT must be living in 1923 .

Last edited:
I just realized the U.S versions don't have tinted windshields as well as the LED signals... Your DOT must be living in 1923 .
Pretty much. I've ordered a bunch of the LED turns to stock on the Store for N.A. customers. I'll likely go to the taller screen also on mine. The short looks good, but most riders will likely expect more out of a screen.

Congratulations on the bike! If I was obliged to name my bike, it would have to be "Big Bird"...

I recently purchased the lower seat,

May I ask: how low is the seat with lower seat? What is your height and inseam measurement?
Interested definitely in this bike, but much over 32 inches too high for me....

It's 2cm lower than stock which is less than 32 inches. I think it's something like 31.4 inches or high 30 inches, something like that.

I regret purchasing it to be honest. Even at 174cm, ergonomically it doesn't feel right. I like hugging the tank with my knees and the lower seat just doesn't let me do that properly. It feels wrong for me, so I switched back to the stock seat. If I wasn't soo short I would put the higher option seat.

I'll probably keep the lower seat for when I'm going to have a pillion with me just so I can plant my feet better on the ground.

Got mine a week ago and love it. A few niggles - the most annoying being the gear indicator disappearing when the clutch is operated.
The ignition key is buried in a hole right up against the bars and using the steering lock is difficult. The fuel warning light came on with 92 miles left, according to the dash. The screen directs wind blast straight into my face (6' tall) so touring version ordered - finger's crossed! I've not ridden in the rain yet so am not relishing finding out how the front mudguard works, or cleaning the muck off the engine!
I've christened mine Lola as I am not sure of its gender and for some reason I was singing the song all the way home from the dealer! I had to buy a cherry cola, C O L A cola! :D

Hello all,
I got mine about 3 weeks ago and have been loving every minute of it. This is my first Guzzi, for the last 3 decades I have been riding a hand full of different bikes but all from the big 4 Japanese builders. I am super excited about this bike, but I am just a tiny bit anxious too. With all that I have read on line Guzzi ownership seems to come with some expected quirks. For instance, after my ride last weekend I was wiping down the bike and realized that 2 bolts were missing form my skid plate. I then ran across a thread here where another owner found the same thing. This doesn't put me off at all. It seems a bit like Guzzi initiating me into the club though. I haven't been this excited about a motorcycle purchase in a long time and so far the v85 has been exactly what I wanted.
ZGUKWU007LM000036

Cheers

Last edited:
Got mine a week ago and love it.
Congrats! So this thread is about VIN# and buyer info, and pictures! Post up!

Hello all,
I got mine about 3 weeks ago and have been loving every minute of it. This is my first Guzzi, for the last 3 decades I have been riding a hand full of different bikes but all from the big 4 Japanese builders. I am super excited about this bike, but I am just a tiny bit anxious too.
Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. As the saying goes, Guzzi, making mechanics out of riders since 1921. If you peruse this Forum, you will see that it is time well invested to go over the bike completely, and check all fasteners with a dab of loctite. A lot of people here have spent immense time on other brands, me included, and now I've been nostrils deep in Guzzis since 1999. They are addictive, so be forewarned... you'll likely end up with more than one. As stated above, VIN# and a pic or two when you can.
Post often!

Back