• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

Just bought my 2020 red and whit v85tt and brought it home with pride! Having come from a 2015 650 vstrom which I really liked, but this v85tt totally outdoes it! Cornering is superb!. Comfort as far as the seat is so so. For I was so used to my Russel Day Long which is the best ever. Road for about 3hrs the other day and near the end I became uncomfortable and sore. This shift indicator is the most ridiculous item ever. MG has got to come up with a chang one way or another. Riding is superb and looks are perfect. For the first time of local riding gas mileage is no where as good as the Vstrom nor is the shifting of gears. Always got to keep counting your downshifts as you come to red lights. Overall it a great bike and I will tell more when I go on a 400 mile trip next week.

Been sitting on posting pics of this a couple of weeks....
McDonalds paint, with a couple of mods done already. So far am 50/50 as to if I am regretting the MIA I had spec'd in though
Nice, thanks for posting. Please post your VIN# and related!

This shift indicator is the most ridiculous item ever. MG has got to come up with a chang one way or another.

You can configure the shift lights any way you like. It's detailed in the owner's manual.

Always got to keep counting your downshifts as you come to red lights.

Have you missed the gear position indicator?

Have you missed the gear position indicator?
You can't see what gear you are in when the clutch is in though, and although I let the clutch out between each gear change, it doesn't help once at a standstill as you still don't know if you went all the way to 1st or not. Am sure for some, this isn't an issue, but for myself at least, the only real time I like to know what gear I am in, is when I am at a stop, so I don't try pull away in second and stall. The bike I traded in for the V85 TT, the Triumph Street Triple 765R, the gear indicator on that shows you what gear you are in even when the clutch is pulled, which is a far more useful and useable indication. Back in the day, no bikes had gear indicators, and we coped just fine... but they did have a neutral light that mostly worked when in neutral, tech should add and assist, not hinder IMO :)

Last edited:
Looking good Peter. Bet it's the only Guzzi at Loomies(and Rykers) Any more mods planned?
Haha, well in the sunshine my V7 makes it to the cafes too! :D I have seen a few Moto Guzzis at both locations TBH :)
I have an exhaust on it's way, and am going to fit a mudflap to the rear because it still sprays up the back a bit even with the full rear mudguard :)

Hello, first post, Austin from Lancashire UK. I have had my V85TT since June 2019 and will click up 10,000 miles shortly. It’s my first Guzzi since I had a V50 Monza in the mid 1980s. I am liking it a lot and more importantly as most my riding is done with the wife on the pillion, she likes it too.

it’s a Kalahari Rosso with a long list of the usual mods and accessories but of interest may be the +30mm Wilbers rear shock (and a high seat!!) and the Mistral de-cat pipe and Carbon silencer. I plan to change the stock headers for Mistrals stainless version some time soonish.

I haven’t got any recent pics but will try and add some if ever stops raining here.

Hello, first post, Austin from Lancashire UK. I have had my V85TT since June 2019 and will click up 10,000 miles shortly. It’s my first Guzzi since I had a V50 Monza in the mid 1980s
Congrats and welcome back to the Guzzi Famiglia, and to the GT Forum. Hope you'll add your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread when you get some pics uploaded.
You'll find that we've spent nearly 20 years developing and perfecting products for modern Guzzis, click on the STORE tab above to visit our online Store. We don't sell Wilbers any more, but we can get most of the top names including some you may have never heard of. Hope you'll give us a go. Post again often.

Bill W. Kilgore, Texas VIN ZGUKWUA00LM000023
Bought it from GPMotorcycles in San Diego and spent two days riding it home. Great fun, but for the seat.
Congrats Bill, and thanks for posting your pic and info. Welcome to the GT Forum & Famiglia.
Paul & Co at GP Moto are good people. Seems I may have to get into doing an aftermarket seat for this model. I can't imagine freeway slab for hours on one, so kudos to you! Hope to see you here posting often.

Back