• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT reliability

I agree. No, its not a Honda. I could get an Africa Twin. I wouldn't have to think about service at all. But I would also own a very pedestrian Honda. Nothing looks like the V85TT. I recently put a deposit on a new Taureg 660 and, though I could tell immediately that it was more capable in the dirt, was mostly unmoved from my V85TT.
i agree completely with you guys... I love my V85TT with all the pros and cons

I traded in a 2020 Africa Twin (base model 6-speed) on my 2021 V85TT and couldn't be happier.
Low speed throttling was abrupt and trying to navigate through the ride modes and settings to remedy the abrupt throttle w/o neutering power was not possible. The menus and modes were needlessly complicated. I found this video helpful but just watching a couple minutes of it illustrates what I'm referring to. Turning off traction control did not turn it completely off, you must also go into the menu and get to wheelie control and disable it as well. Engine braking was weak. Layers of snap-tab plastic panels had to be removed to get to most anything, for instance some had to come off and be replaced just to install the factory luggage rack. Because of the work required just to access them 5 hours shop time was quoted just to check the valves with more time required to adjust them. Spoke wheels required inner tubes which is always a PIA. I experienced a flat front tire around 3,000 miles running the original stock tire and tube, fortunately it occurred in town near the dealer and they replaced the tube. There was no puncture, what happened was roughness inside the tire had slowly abraded the inner tube in one area and that spot finally gave way.

Hi All, was just about ready to purchase a new 2021 v85tt and find myself wavering after reading accounts of poor quality control and poor warranty service. These include under filled self destructing transmissions and faulty air box allowing debris into the engine, as well as excessive oil consumption.
I have been a proud owner of a v7iii stone, 14k+ miles and zero issues.
Any comments and insight appreciated
Bought my 2020 two years ago, 40.000 km and no problems whatsoever, some knocking sound in heavy traffic on hot days, but that is something you will find in most air-cooled engines, the rest is pure pleasure, the more I ride it the better the bike behaves and I am learning finding the limits. It is a fun and very practical bike. It is also beautiful; I can't ask for more...

Hi , first post . Thought I’d share the issues I’ve had with my Centenario over the past 9000km
1~I have had to tighten all the rivetnuts which hold plastics to the frame after the rear mudguard (which also supports the battery) let go. Found most of the rivetnuts to be loose and one missing from new.
2~The next trailride a lost a pin for a passenger peg. Replaced both pins with stainless steel bolt. The pin on the right side which didn’t fall out was held in with poor fitting circlip.
3~I had the bike fail with a “service alert” indication on the TFT . The bike coasted to a stop on the highway and would not restart. I was 300 km from the closest dealer in Sydney. The dealer got it sorted after a few weeks. It was caused by the “top over switch” . I’m would like to know how to get a work around for this if it happens again to me or someone else. Is it a normally open or closed switch ?or something mechanical which stops the fuel in an accident?
Other than that I love it. Hopefully the bad luck is all behind me

..I have had problems.. E4 model 2019 #68 -so very early built- at the beginning oil consumption was about 0.6liter/1000km caused by wrongly assembled oil rings on right cylinder, all end gaps was in same position. => New cylinder/piston replaced right side under warranty -2000km on clock that point. The whole work lasted four weeks; first set which Piaggio send to dealer was out of the manufacturing tolerances -too tight. All these tells poor quality control. Rear drive seals replaced, Recall work, no leak in my bike.
After that cylinder changing oil consumption was about 0.1l/1000km, acceptable for air cooled. Last July engine pushed oil in airbox without any warnings, ie I didn`t notice anything performance lost or so in normal riding. (36000km riden) Have to take old V11 to France/Italy tour...
When I opened the engine to found reason for high pressure inside the crankcase I found something unbeliavable: Both side compression rings end gaps measured 3-10mm!!? Top of the cylinders feelable step. Everything else was ok, no oil circuit problem. No leak over airfilter. The only explanation in my opinion is serious material failure or wrong material choices which don`t work together.
Now the sad part: Our importer replaced year ago -Piaggio Nordic in Sweden "take care" all Piaggio sales in Sweden, Norway and Finland where I live. My bike warranty was exceeded three moths but the consumer law here said that; "Items should last expected time" I have contacted my dealer here and asked new parts. After four month no answer... Problem is somewhere Sweden or Piaggio Italy. I`m disappointed how the Piaggio handle customers. I believe that my bike is like that gearbox without oil -bad individual mistake (and poor quality control) It seems that without large scale publicity you don`t get anything.

-KG-
KGLM, are you still here? Did you ever get your issue resolved.

I have a 2022 v85tt with 4,000 miles.
The problems I have encountered thus far:
1. Oil leak from loose oil pan. Tightened bolts. To 7nm. No more problem.
2. Signal switch malfunction. Dealer ordered part for replacement.
3. Hard case mount bolt on right side was hard to screw in the foot peg mount. Instructions said it would be difficult, but I managed. There was no other way but to force and cross threaded. Steel bolt on aluminum parts. I’m never going to remove it now. Lol
4. The bike engine starts knocking when stuck in hot stop and go traffic - was on Cross Bronx highway. Can’t really fault the bike since it is an air cooled bike. Just pulled over and let the bike cool down. Does not happen under normal riding conditions.

Overall I’m happy with the bike as there really isn’t any other bike that offers the specific features of the bike at the price point.

Did try to trade for another bike, but the dealer refused the moto guzzi. Head mechanic said the brand was unreliable and troublesome. Lol I guess it’s a keeper now. 🤣

Last edited:
Back