• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT - spoked wheels with tubes but tubeless Tyres !

Buntyster

Just got it firing!
Hi, are tyres with tubes inside unsafe when there is a puncture at high speed when the tyres themselves are Tubeless, like the ones on the new V85TT - which have tubeless Michelin Anakee.

Hi, are tyres with tubes inside unsafe when there is a puncture at high speed when the tyres themselves are Tubeless, like the ones on the new V85TT - which have tubeless Michelin Anakee.

It is just as unsafe as with tires made for tubes. It is just manufactures are making tubeless tires as those are predominately used. Manufactures using spoke wheels that require tubes in this day and age is a bit crazy in my opinion

Absolutely no reason why a tube should not be used inside a tubeless cover. However it would always be best practice to fit tubeless rims too thus relieving you of any need for a tube in the first place.
But Guzzi have always lived in the past.

Wonder if the startus Interruptus fault is still present?

What a pity, because not only did I buy the bike, not knowing that it has tubes inside, but it is otherwise a BEAUTIFUL and capable and entertaining bike otherwise. My 3rd Guzzi (2018 V7 III Anniversario, followed by 2018 Audace Carbon, which I sold few days ago) and I love it. MY other bikes currently are 2019 Triumph TIger 1200 XCX and 2019 Husqvarna 401(also with spoked rims and rubes but at least Husqvarna gives an option of standard non-spoked rims as an optional accessory). Unless Guzzi comes with a pair of non spoked rims like Husqvarna, the only option I see is OUTEX. The Triumph Street Scrambler have the same wheel dimensions, and OUTEX have a product for this bike. Maybe in the future they will have it for the V85TT. I have ordered the Triumph Street Scrambler OUTEX from Japan and once I have the courage and time to install them, I will update you guys if the conversion from tubes to tubeless was successful or not !

What a pity, because not only did I buy the bike, not knowing that it has tubes inside, but it is otherwise a BEAUTIFUL and capable and entertaining bike otherwise. My 3rd Guzzi (2018 V7 III Anniversario, followed by 2018 Audace Carbon, which I sold few days ago) and I love it. MY other bikes currently are 2019 Triumph TIger 1200 XCX and 2019 Husqvarna 401(also with spoked rims and rubes but at least Husqvarna gives an option of standard non-spoked rims as an optional accessory). Unless Guzzi comes with a pair of non spoked rims like Husqvarna, the only option I see is OUTEX. The Triumph Street Scrambler have the same wheel dimensions, and OUTEX have a product for this bike. Maybe in the future they will have it for the V85TT. I have ordered the Triumph Street Scrambler OUTEX from Japan and once I have the courage and time to install them, I will update you guys if the conversion from tubes to tubeless was successful or not !

Does the kit include a rim with the ridge that retains a tubeless tire? Without that ridge, you should still run tubes.

The wheels are MT type so does that not mean that it is with a ridge ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-04-20 at 15.54.36.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-20 at 15.54.36.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 26

Thanks. From what I gather, 3M is good option too but outex seems a little more robust. The individual nipple cover may be one reason. I already ordered it so will go with that first. Hope it works cuz it is for the Triumph Street Scrambler with exact same rim dimensions....

Last edited:
Thanks. From what I gather, 3M is good option too but outex seems a little more robust. The individual nipple cover may be one reason. I already ordered it so will go with that first. Hope it works cuz it is for the Triumph Street Scrambler with exact same rim dimensions....
Where did you order the Outrex from?

How are you enjoying your Anniversario? I had number 10, regret selling it. I had put Mistral exhausts, Custom Seat, crash bar, Dart Flyscreen etc.
Loving it. # 494.
Fantastic bike, way more grins than any other bike I have ridden. I have the Dart screen and Todd's fuel map, plus replaced all lights with LED and an adjustable front brake lever. New pipes and fork internals are next. Just gotta get the budget in place.
Will be interested to find out your experience with the Outrex kit, as I am very interested in doing something similar with my Anniversario.

Can I ask, how many times do you get punctures? I've not had one in the last 14 years and 48,000 miles on a Transalp (has tubes) on the road (no off road riding). None in 7 years on an ER5 on road (can't remember mileage), 1 front puncture on a Honda Dominator in 8 years, 1 puncture in a week old tubeless tyre on my 91 Triumph 900 Sprint , which cost £120 to replace, about 4 punctures on my CB650z in 165,000 miles and 13 years. An inner tube is about £20. It's just as difficult to remove a tyre without a tube as it is to remove one with a tube, (slightly more care required when fitting them). Is it really worth the expense to convert them using sealing compound and sealing tape?

between the truck, car and 3 bikes I had 7 one year. on bikes they always happen in the first 500 miles of a new tire.
My V7 wheel is sitting on the counter right now with the spokes freshly sealed to get completely dry. spokes suck!

I think if I were living in Europe I'd look at the BARTubeless option.
bartfactory.com/products/bartubeless-en/?lang=en

When I started riding, all the bikes around had spokes; never gave it a thought. Yeah, I prefer a tubeless set up, but I didn't let that sway me from purchasing my V85tt. My Harley Davidson and my Suzuki both have spokes/inner tubes. I'm not gonna worry about it; but that's just me...

I'm getting ready to attempt to convert my rims to tubeless, and after weighing the options have decided to go with:
sealing the nipples with 3M 5200FC and covering with 3M 4412N tape as a redundancy. Has anyone on the forum done this mod yet? If so, what width tape did you use? Based on my measurements it looks like 2.5" for the rear and 2" for the front. My only concern with sealing the nipples is what to do if i need to "tune' the spokes at a later date. I was thinking of putting adhesive 'dots' over each of the nipples (like the Outex product ) prior to sealing with the adhesive sealant. Any advice or opinions are welcome.

I'm getting ready to attempt to convert my rims to tubeless, and after weighing the options have decided to go with:
sealing the nipples with 3M 5200FC and covering with 3M 4412N tape as a redundancy. Has anyone on the forum done this mod yet? If so, what width tape did you use? Based on my measurements it looks like 2.5" for the rear and 2" for the front. My only concern with sealing the nipples is what to do if i need to "tune' the spokes at a later date. I was thinking of putting adhesive 'dots' over each of the nipples (like the Outex product ) prior to sealing with the adhesive sealant. Any advice or opinions are welcome.

Back