• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85tt startus interruptus

Specman

Just got it firing!
Hi all and this is my first thread so please bear with me. I have a 2019 V85tt which has developed the dreaded startus interruptus. I am willing to try the direct fused line to the battery +ve but need help identifying the correct relay and the colour of the power cable. Could someone advise please?
Many thanks. Thumbnail 2

Question, have you done a load test on your battery? Poor battery performance will contribute to this happening. If you still have the original battery it is probably near the end of life expectancy.

Last edited:
We’ve been over this many times before.

Mike at MPH, doesn’t make a kit for the V7/V85/V9 platform because as I was told by him, they don’t suffer from the Startus Interruptus.

I’d bet that your battery fails a simple load test.

Last edited:
FYI—The starter button on the right handlebar is just an input to the ECU. It does not provide voltage and current to a relay or the starter solenoid. An ECU output drives the relay and solenoid on the V85TT. Bad grounds, loose connections, weak battery, or interlocks such as side stand or clutch switch are most likely causes of failure to crank.

This may be an argument for keeping bike batteries (except Lithium) on a Battery Tender whenever they're not ridden. Also validates the expense for an Odyssey AGM Battery (Made in USA). My '03 and '04 Stone Touring hydros had Odyssey batteries when I bought them used in 2011 and 2008 respectively and they remained in the bikes when I had to (grudgingly) sell them in 2016, when my age and my stick-like physique made me unable to manage their weight any longer.
Ralph

This may be an argument for keeping bike batteries (except Lithium) on a Battery Tender whenever they're not ridden. Also validates the expense for an Odyssey AGM Battery (Made in USA). My '03 and '04 Stone Touring hydros had Odyssey batteries when I bought them used in 2011 and 2008 respectively and they remained in the bikes when I had to (grudgingly) sell them in 2016, when my age and my stick-like physique made me unable to manage their weight any longer.
Ralph

Been there, done that!

FWIW: I keep all my 8 motorcycles on battery tenders, including my LiFePO3 batteries. My charges have a setting just for those type of batteries.

Thanks for your input guys. It would seem i've done well to get 3 years out of the original battery. I'll load test it and take it from there.
Nick.

Back