• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Suspension Thread

Thanks for the responses. This thread makes for interesting reading.

If I decide to upgrade the V85TT's suspension it will be front and rear units, no point in half doing a job.

I have a Shock Factory M-Shock on the rear of my bike and it's a definite improvement. The damping adjustment is easy to reach from the seat and you can dial in the ride quality you want while sat at the lights. They're built to order to your weight and spec.

I have a Shock Factory M-Shock on the rear of my bike and it's a definite improvement. The damping adjustment is easy to reach from the seat and you can dial in the ride quality you want while sat at the lights. They're built to order to your weight and spec.
Goodmorning Joe , Is the shock factory a good product?
I have a friend who mounted the Ohlins, and he found it very bad, he told me that it was worse than the original.
I tried looking for a review of the shock factory, but I couldn't find anything

Thanks

Is the shock factory a good product?
You are new here, so please read the paragraphs at the top of every page, and then click on the STORE link at the top of every page as well. Both there, and on a search here, you’ll find information on most products spoken about. Link below to save you the time.

While I see that most new here feel as though it’s yet another opinionated social media site, it is not. Technical data backed by facts are the basis of this site, and support of this site is not linking people away. I realize that not everyone will purchase from us, especially those from Europe, but if you use this site for info, sales on the GTM STORE are appreciated.

You are new here, so please read the paragraphs at the top of every page, and then click on the STORE link at the top of every page as well. Both there, and on a search here, you’ll find information on most products spoken about. Link below to save you the time.

While I see that most new here feel as though it’s yet another opinionated social media site, it is not. Technical data backed by facts are the basis of this site, and support of this site is not linking people away. I realize that not everyone will purchase from us, especially those from Europe, but if you use this site for info, sales on the GTM STORE are appreciated.
I had already read everything and seen all the pieces on the store. the problem is that I would like an opinion from those who are using it, the technical specifications do not say how the shock absorber really works. I know all the brands, matris. bitubo, yss, nitron etc etc. mshock throughout Europe, despite being a French/English product, no one mounts it, so I wonder if it is a valid product or not. the fact that it is made by CNC which has control of the return and so on, does not tell me that it works well, if the hydraulics of the shock absorber are poor it will not work properly, in fact I see in the store that you have not mentioned yss or FG gubellini which in my opinion produce excellent products.

fggubellini.com

If we sell them, they work well. I've merged your post with this thread that talks about them here above..
Hyperlinks not welcome here as stated at the top of every page.
We used to sell YSS. No longer as they are an inferior product to what we sell.

Perhaps not your intention, but you’re being quite insulting to me as the site owner and developer of high quality parts and discussion here.

Perhaps not your intention, but you’re being quite insulting to me as the site owner and developer of high quality parts and discussion here.
It is absolutely not my intention to offend. My English is limited and I use words I know and it may seem like I'm writing in an offensive way.

It is absolutely not my intention to offend. My English is limited and I use words I know and it may seem like I'm writing in an offensive way.
Very good. Most important note at the top here is "Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!" This is not a social media website.
Understand this website has been here and privately owned since 2001, and I have personally helped to develop and have purchased nearly everything I sell so that I that it could be tested before offering it for sale on the GTM STORE. My history with motorbikes HERE. Feel free to post yours.
I have never heard of Gubellini, but I see they have a heavy Asian influence for production. YSS is made in Thailand. We no longer offer them, but we were dealers for them for many years when they first launched, well before they moved full production to Thailand and the product massively suffered.

Last edited:
G’day Vagrant,
I’m aware that Guzzi do offer a lower seat option but at $6-700 Oz & not readily available in the country I think I’ll just try removing the little rubber bumpers from under the seat & see how that feels first.
I believe you might have done this? If so did you replace the bumpers with any thing to avoid abrasion between the seat base and the frame. I’m thinking doing so with packers cut from some dense 3mm flat rubber sheet I just happen to have in my shed.

Also I read on this site about sliding the front fork tubes up inside the triple clamps as being another easy & cheap way to lower the bike a bit. Other than altering the front end angles & therefore response a little are there any other issues in doing this easy mod? How would doing that without also lowering the rear end alter the handling?

I do find the front fork a little too reactive / soft, whereas having had lower back issues, inc surgeries, I find I’d prefer the rear to be a little softer. On both initial light braking & switching off the cruise control the front end dives more than I d like. Are there any easy ways around this other than swapping out the OEM springs with something a little stiffer?
Cheers, Fraser

I bought the HyperPro lower front & rear springs kit.
The rear one was very easy to swap out. When I try to disassembled the front left fork & realized that side will need a special tool to remove the spring.
The tool requires is HyperPro HP-T57. I can't find any place in the US sells that tool, I found the Motion Pro 08-0117 Damper Rod Fork Tool but not sure if it would work? Has anyone swapped out their front fork springs before? TIA.

Thanks for the responses. This thread makes for interesting reading.

If I decide to upgrade the V85TT's suspension it will be front and rear units, no point in half doing a job.

After talking to fellow V85TT owners at various events, I've chosen a British made Hagon M67031 for the rear shock upgrade. Info for the front fork upgrade to follow in due course.

28 03 24 21374 miles IMG 7102a

First ride today since fitting the Hagon and I'm very impressed. Much like the upgrade we've recently fitted to our Breva 1100, it's superb quality and improves the overall feel of the motorcycle. Compared to the OE KYB shock, the preload adjustment collar is much more user friendly.

31 03 24b 31 03 24a

Back