Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V85TT updates for 2021

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Skip Stauber

Skip Stauber Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Talking about how bikes look, your V-11 sport is sweet. If I hade one it would be exact, maybe red rims, I'm looking. CHEERS

jwtucker likes this.
  2. Tomintoul

Tomintoul Tuned and Synch'ed

3. jwtucker

jwtucker V11 Sport 4 Life

I'm really digging the look of the V85TT Centenario. Seriously considering pulling the trigger on one of those, if I can figure out how to fit it in my garage.

Thanks! She's my sweetheart :)

__Jason

4. Tomintoul

My heart says V85, my head says Tiger 900.

5. vagrant

vagrant High Miler

you best test ride both before getting out your wallet.

6. Tomintoul

I reckon in the end I'll wait another year before I trade in the Stelvio. Then I'll have the choice of the V85, Tiger 900, Tiger 660, Aprilia Tuareg 660 and the Norden 901. Mind you, I can't make me mind up between 2 bikes. With that much choice I might be stuffed :D

7. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Just got it firing!

Tough call. I went from a Tiger 800 to a V85, and they're both... very good...

8. Hugh22

Hugh22 Tuned and Synch'ed

Here's a pic of the Livery edition in sunlight:
    IMG_0844.jpeg

9. Hugh22

Wish they had this color scheme and cool brown seat in the adventure or travel edition - i need those agressive tires!

10. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just get the tyres specked on to this bike! :)

11. Hugh22

Exactly Hippo. I’ve got a lot to work out with my dealer. He’s got three 20’s that he wants to move but I’m really starting to lean to the ‘21. I’m hoping the engine and exhaust tip to bottom is the same so I can still use Todd’s overhaul!

12. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Cruisin' Guzzisti

If I'd known we were getting tubeless wheels on the 2021 bike, I'd have held my horses on my 2020

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  13. Hugh22

Right. One of the issues I’m considering. I could get a 2020 at a discount from local dealer or pay full for ‘21. Think I want the ‘21.
    And then modding full exhaust and mapping with Todd!

Hippo-Drones likes this.
  14. vagrant

vagrant High Miler

I would take the discount assuming it's $2000 or more. Seal the wheels on the first tire change and spend the $ on riding somewhere. I hate to burst your bubble but I highly doubt you will see any power difference in the mods you propose. noise yes, slightly better running yes, but, the V85 runs very well stock.

aproud1 likes this.
  15. Hugh22

Appreciate the feedback vagrant. Looking forward to test rides weather permitting.

In addition to our local dealer, there is an “Adventure” Red/White for sale at a local resale shop. It’s got 3K miles on it and for some reason handlebar risers? . They’re asking $11 for it which seems pretty damn steep.

16. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

This isn't Facebook. It's a website I worked hard on, and spent a great deal of money to build and maintain for 20 years this year. I am not OK with posts here degrading my work with simple (and ignorant) opinions. If you like your bikes stock, good for you. Many others do not, and can appreciate the value and enjoyment of modifying their bikes. I personally cannot stand stock bikes in any capacity, as they are built crudely and quickly with many restrictions and uber-tight budgets. The foundation of this website, in addition to forming a group to share tech data, is to make products to sell and support the site, outside of the rare few people who have made a contribution here to support it. Two decades of fueling and products I stand behind. Got it?

Raven, scottmastrocinque and Meldrew like this.
  17. Hugh22

I’m with ya Todd. And I’m still interested. The mods to my Harley made all the difference. Removing the cat alone increases performance in every bike I’ve ridden previously....

I’m good. Already planning for the upgrades.

18. Hugh22

Anyone know when shipments start for the 2021's? My dealer is saying hopefully April but maybe not until June??!

19. Hugh22

I called around to a few other dealers and i'm hearing late April.....

20. DHawker

DHawker Just got it firing!

I read a ride report today on the Moto Guzzi v85 Facebook group that said the gear shift indicator issue now works properly with the clutch pulled in. The new modes, and tubeless tires are great and also mentioned the new torque at lower rpms feels like the bike has a 10-15 bhp increase even though its the same bhp as before. My order is in for a 2021 model.