• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT updates for 2021

Unfortunately, the current indicator is "working as designed." In order to get it to work the way you want, they would have to throw out the current solution and build something new from scratch. Fixing it isn't possible.

__Jason
It must have taken a lot of effort on Guzzi’s part to design a gear indicator that only indicates what gear your in once you’ve released the clutch lever. How’s that conversation go at the design stage?

In Italian (likely slurred as you’d have to be drunk to think of something so stupid):
« So, shall we give them a gear indicator? »
« Of course! »
« Shall we make it so you can’t see what gear you’re in until you’ve released the clutch? »
« ohh, that’s a unique idea, is that possible? That’ll screw with their heads! Hilarious idea. Let’s do it! »

« How about we put tubed rims on it but no centre stand. »
Great hilarity all round!
« oh yes, that’s genius, that will fuckem up good n proper if they get a flat »

« How about on the new model we put the Lambda sensor in the most obvious and exposed point on the exhaust? »
« Oh yes, brilliant! Not seen that before, that way it can get caught on stuff all the time, possibly get broken off or bent at the least and look incredibly ugly »

Good ol’ Guzzi.

I can’t understand why only 200 get bought a year. (Sarcastic tone) I guess there must be a few nutters around.
Still, (sigh), what else would you want? I’m not even entirely sure I’d ride anything else but they are er um ´quirky’.

Looks like they're going to be doing a limited 100th aniiversary edition too. Love that paint job - reminds me of the Tenni Griso.

View attachment 21379
Hello all. I have my new 2021 V85TT Centenario at last. Two weeks and 700 km later it is everything I expected. Plenty of torque and ponies on demand during the run in process. Already changed the gear oil and found under capacity by 200 cc.
The Dunlop tyres fitted on the Oz bikes are working very well considering failure on previous bikes. Discussions and info on this site are very helpful and build a good base to improve the overall bike setup. Cheers.

Welcome to GuzziTech!

Careful, please.

Overfilling oils is the #1 owner mistake seen here which causes a host of problems.

All oils will not fully drain in a normal service so if you are measuring it that way, you will get an error in your actual quantity.

The oil clings to the interior surfaces.

I’ve written about this frequently…do not chase the full mark! Anywhere between minimum and maximum is perfectly fine and in fact, the mid point between the two is always your safest bet.

Welcome to GuzziTech!

Careful, please.

Overfilling oils is the #1 owner mistake seen here which causes a host of problems.

All oils will not fully drain in a normal service so if you are measuring it that way, you will get an error in your actual quantity.

The oil clings to the interior surfaces.

I’ve written about this frequently…do not chase the full mark! Anywhere between minimum and maximum is perfectly fine and in fact, the mid point between the two is always your safest bet.
Thanks for the update Scott, I did not change the engine oil. It’s on the top line of the sight glass from delivery and I’ll leave it till the run in service at 1500 km. I checked the gearbox capacity after previous posts of the 2019 2020 V85 ‘s with around 350 ml in them from the factory. My Guzzi fully drained after around 45mins at 500 ml. Capacity is 700 ml so it has that now also plenty of metal particles on the drain plug. Happy days.

Looks like they're going to be doing a limited 100th aniiversary edition too. Love that paint job - reminds me of the Tenni Griso.

View attachment 21379
Hello; yes they did continue “The beautiful 100 Year Anniversary Edition” and yes they carried availability into 2022; I know this because I just ordered one last week anxious to receive; it this is a follow-up to my recent purchase of 2021 V7 850 Special that I have 4500 miles on it and really enjoying it! The addition of the V85 will give me a little more long range riding and I’ll keep the V7 for shorter rides. thanks John

I just received my 2022 V85TT which started out as the travel version and dealer was kind enough to switch out body panels and brown seat of the Centinario; so now I have the best of both worlds; centerstand, heated grips, tire pressure monitoring system and MIA navigation and whatever they did to the engine which the dealer said; they change the cam it seems to have gobs of low end in mid range torque although I’m still breaking it in; I also installed the driving lights and engine guards and being of a shorter height I asked the dealer to install a 1 inch hyperpro lowering kit and remove the rubber bumpers from under the seat; so now at 5’8” I can almost flat foot it; boy I love this bike I now have the European tint low screen as well as the tall travel screen that I switch back-and-forth

I just received my 2022 V85TT which started out as the travel version and dealer was kind enough to switch out body panels and brown seat of the Centinario; so now I have the best of both worlds; centerstand, heated grips, tire pressure monitoring system and MIA navigation and whatever they did to the engine which the dealer said; they change the cam it seems to have gobs of low end in mid range torque although I’m still breaking it in; I also installed the driving lights and engine guards and being of a shorter height I asked the dealer to install a 1 inch hyperpro lowering kit and remove the rubber bumpers from under the seat; so now at 5’8” I can almost flat foot it; boy I love this bike I now have the European tint low screen as well as the tall travel screen that I switch back-and-forth
Would love to see a pic. And what dealer? Where are you?-

It must have taken a lot of effort on Guzzi’s part to design a gear indicator that only indicates what gear your in once you’ve released the clutch lever. How’s that conversation go at the design stage?

In Italian (likely slurred as you’d have to be drunk to think of something so stupid):
« So, shall we give them a gear indicator? »
« Of course! »
« Shall we make it so you can’t see what gear you’re in until you’ve released the clutch? »
« ohh, that’s a unique idea, is that possible? That’ll screw with their heads! Hilarious idea. Let’s do it! »

« How about we put tubed rims on it but no centre stand. »
Great hilarity all round!
« oh yes, that’s genius, that will fuckem up good n proper if they get a flat »

« How about on the new model we put the Lambda sensor in the most obvious and exposed point on the exhaust? »
« Oh yes, brilliant! Not seen that before, that way it can get caught on stuff all the time, possibly get broken off or bent at the least and look incredibly ugly »

Good ol’ Guzzi.

I can’t understand why only 200 get bought a year. (Sarcastic tone) I guess there must be a few nutters around.
Still, (sigh), what else would you want? I’m not even entirely sure I’d ride anything else but they are er um ´quirky’.
I am reading older posts and saw this. Victory motorcycles (I had 4) had the same deal, only showed the gear with the clutch out and moving. When Polaris came out with the Indians (I had 2) the gear was shown any time the key was on. The gear indicator of the Victorys ran off the ecu I read, not the tranny.

Actually I think Guzzi took the easy way out with the gear indicator. The ECU takes the rpm and road speed and calculates the gear, knowing the ratios. No sensor needed! The disadvantage being that the bike must be moving with the clutch released for the calculation to work.

Actually I think Guzzi took the easy way out with the gear indicator. The ECU takes the rpm and road speed and calculates the gear, knowing the ratios. No sensor needed! The disadvantage being that the bike must be moving with the clutch released for the calculation to work.
The above statements are true for 2020 and earlier. The 2021 and later (USA models, at least) have a sensor on the transmission and display the correct gear position whether moving or stationary with clutch engaged or disengaged.

It must have taken a lot of effort on Guzzi’s part to design a gear indicator that only indicates what gear your in once you’ve released the clutch lever.

Umm..

Why would you need to see what gear you are in with the clutch pulled in? Wouldn’t you have just seen what gear it is in anyway before you squeezed the clutch in?

Seems like a tempest in a teacup if you ask me.

This design is infinitely more reliable.

Back