• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Warranty headache

There is way way way more to this story than you are revealing.
I'm not sure what you mean by that?! To use your words, I'm "revealing" what's important for other fellow MG enthusiasts need to know; plus I don't have the time nor do I want to use the forum space for a multi-page renting
It is a clearly actionable offense in court to capriciously deny warranty liability.
Yes that's what happened; they capriciously denied warranty coverage. You may be rich but I could not afford taking them to court. I tried to work with Corporate but they were dragging their feet, ultimately I was lucky to find another local MG dealer who took the bike in, fixed it at no cost to me and then sold it for me at about 75% I had originally paid. If any of you guys need more details I'm willing to 'reveal' them. I just don't have the time for long comments plus I'm respecting this forms rules.

I'm not sure what you mean by that?! To use your words, I'm "revealing" what's important for other fellow MG enthusiasts need to know; plus I don't have the time nor do I want to use the forum space for a multi-page renting

Yes that's what happened; they capriciously denied warranty coverage. You may be rich but I could not afford taking them to court. I tried to work with Corporate but they were dragging their feet, ultimately I was lucky to find another local MG dealer who took the bike in, fixed it at no cost to me and then sold it for me at about 75% I had originally paid. If any of you guys need more details I'm willing to 'reveal' them. I just don't have the time for long comments plus I'm respecting this forms rules.

What I meant is what I wrote and nothing more…. “There is way way more to this story than you are revealing.”

In my whole life and professional career, I never saw a motorcycle that could not be repaired. None. Zero. Something is peculiar with your story and because you have chosen not to share the particulars for whatever reason, then we just have to leave it at that.

I will offer that not every Piaggio franchise has an issue with Piaggio. Many operate just wonderful, AF1 Racing for example.

I’m sorry you feel the way you do but I cannot relate. I have always received excellent service and response from Piaggio on my products of theirs that I own.

What I meant is what I wrote and nothing more…. “There is way way more to this story than you are revealing.”

In my whole life and professional career, I never saw a motorcycle that could not be repaired. None. Zero. Something is peculiar with your story and because you have chosen not to share the particulars for whatever reason, then we just have to leave it at that.

I will offer that not every Piaggio franchise has an issue with Piaggio. Many operate just wonderful, AF1 Racing for example.

I’m sorry you feel the way you do but I cannot relate. I have always received excellent service and response from Piaggio on my products of theirs that I own.
Of course there is more to this story it's just too long and too painful to recount. But by your insisting on using the verb "revealing" you want to shift the responsibility to me rather than taking my word for what happened. That's fine, I understand, we live in strange times and people are suspicious; but when I find the time I will ...reveal 😋 Perhaps then you will apologize for not giving me the benefit of the doubt. Basically, both parties (initially the dealer, Downers Grove Vespa in Downers Grove Illinois and eventually Piaggio's corporate office, started pointing the finger to each other leaving me in the middle and no warranty. It was another dealer "Windy City International Cycle" in St Charles Illinois who took responsibility and help me out. For the record Downers Grove Vespa was dropped by Piaggio and eventually went out of business, so that's the good news. Stay tuned for the full version, it's a very sad but educational story.

But by your insisting on using the verb "revealing" you want to shift the responsibility to me rather than taking my word for what happened

Not at all.

I don’t fault you for anything. Why would I do that? I believe you and have no reason to think otherwise. I only meant to say that there is “more to the story” and that none of that was revealed in your short little blurb. That’s all.

I apologize you got the impression you did. Not my intent at all.

I simply meant that there is more to the story than the 1 or 2 sentences you wrote.

Nothing more.

As my Signature line says, “*** Non-personal non-verbal internet communication often bewilders me. ***”

I’m sorry.

For the record Downers Grove Vespa was dropped by Piaggio and eventually went out of business, so that's the good news.

Uh, I’m sorry, but this is not so.

They are very much a Vespa (Piaggio) dealer and very much in business. They have 43 units in stock. That’s a ton.

They answer their phone and confirm they are very much an authorized dealer for Vespa and Piaggio.

They may have dropped Moto Guzzi (one of Piaggio’s many brands), which seems to be the case.

Not at all.

I don’t fault you for anything. Why would I do that? I believe you and have no reason to think otherwise. I only meant to say that there is “more to the story” and that none of that was revealed in your short little blurb. That’s all.

I apologize you got the impression you did. Not my intent at all.

I simply meant that there is more to the story than the 1 or 2 sentences you wrote.

Nothing more.

As my Signature line says, “*** Non-personal non-verbal internet communication often bewilders me. ***”

I’m sorry.
No no don't be sorry, at least not yet until you hear the whole story; then I will accept your apology for being a little presumptuous. Like I said but apparently you ignored me (twice) your usage of the term 'not revealing' implies that I have something to hide. Today I happen to have the day off but I don't have the time for the long write-up; I need to fix my garage door instead. Stay tuned until around Sunday or Monday.

I think for some particular reason of which eludes me, you are considering the word “revealing” as a pejorative. I assure you, it is not nor was it meant as one. You can pick any synonym you like if it makes you feel better.

If “tell” or “share” is ‘nicer’ use that. 🤷‍♂️😄👍🙏👌

I’m not an eloquent writer like Bill Hagan. I wish I was but my limited mental skills give me my limited but functional vocabulary skills.

I am infinitely way more adept at science and mathematics than I am at English composition.

Again, I apologize that my word selection disturbed you so. Completely accidental.

IMG 3645

Like I said around 6 months after my warranty problems I found out from the dealer that eventually help me out, that Piaggio had dropped them as dealers and they'd stopped selling Moto Guzzis. This was back in 2013-2014. I am sorry to hear they're back in business, perhaps a negative ad on Facebook should help unsuspected customers avoid them. It looks like that you are indeed more interested into protecting piaggio's reputation, instead of trusting that I'm telling the truth, I don't mind everyone has a dog in a different fight. Thank God my fight with Piaggio is long over and forgotten. Now it's very possible that DG Vespa they have re-opened under a totally new management; did you check that since apparently you have a lot of time in your hands?! sorry I can't do that, but feel free to find out who's the owner for me!

Sorry I'm trying to ...go along here but you're obviously in your own universe; let's resume this after I have told you guys the entire story. Ok?!

I'm with Scott on this one. You seem to think you are under a personal attack from him. This I assure you is not the case. The way I read it, he's curious as to the details, as am I. I'm totally aware of the poor customer service of the Piaggio Group.

Like I said around 6 months after my warranty problems I found out from the dealer that eventually help me out, that Piaggio had dropped them as dealers and they'd stopped selling Moto Guzzis. This was back in 2013-2014. I am sorry to hear they're back in business, perhaps a negative ad on Facebook should help unsuspected customers avoid them. It looks like that you are indeed more interested into protecting piaggio's reputation, instead of trusting that I'm telling the truth, I don't mind everyone has a dog in a different fight.

Not at all.

I BELIEVE YOU. I HAVE NO REASON NOT TOO.

I just wanted a ‘Paul Harvey moment’…”The rest of the story”.

IMG 3646

Yes, I try to support Piaggio here because they are keeping my beloved Moto Guzzi going forward. This doesn’t mean they are above making mistakes.

Every single manufacturer of every single motorcycle has had to make concessions and buybacks of various motorcycles they have sold. In most cases, it’s just easier and less expensive to just give the customer what they want.

If having to do this, somehow brands manufacturer as rotten or lousy or whatever, then I guess conventional wisdom would dictate that all manufactures are some or all of those negative terms.

I would disagree but that’s me. YMMV.

Now it's very possible that DG Vespa they have re-opened under a totally new management; did you check that since apparently you have a lot of time in your hands?! sorry I can't do that, but feel free to find out who's the owner for me!

No, I did not. Just googled the name to see if there was any reviews or such. Found out that they are in business now. I don’t know if they are related to the previous company.

“I apparently have a lot of time in my hands”?

I’ve not insulted you and gone out of my way to assure you of this fact.

You on the other hand, have made a few nasty barbs like that one above. I do not know why and frankly, I am at this point, beyond caring. I cannot offer you more than I already have.

Truly, I regret I asked about your issue. It’s not worth dealing with you and your now being really snarky to me for no reason at all, only because I was curious as to the whole story.

Have a nice life. Be happy. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back