• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 luggage / saddlebags ???

Kevin Ballowe

Tuned and Synch'ed
Looking for luggage options for my 2017 V9 Roamer

Was thinking Givi 30L Dolomiti side cases, but Givi has discontinued the PL8202 side case carriers.

Then there's the C-bow mounting system. Buy the bag hardware and mount anything you want - but I've not seen a rear view of this mount system - thinking that it may set the saddlebags out a bit far from the bike.

What do you have ?

Suggestions ?

50044663957_65b483b44b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I've got these OEM bags...

View attachment 19901View attachment 19902 View attachment 19903

They work great. Downside is the price (MSRP) but you might find them discounted if you look hard enough.
Hello, Im just up the way along the Pacific...across the border into Vancouver. I picked up a 2017 Roamer in 2018. Awesome bike. I've liked the "simple" look and have not added any accessories. I really could use some saddle bags though. I've been looking around and looking for something that will combine practicality and style. Seems that GIVI offers up very practical solutions. I guess it's necessary to have the mounting hardware for their bags, isn't it? Otherwise, do they flap around too much? Unsecure? I had some old canvas saddlebags I was using last summer and I just threw them over the seat, secured to the seat as well. Worked fine, but I'd like to do what's best in the long run. Any info you wanna share about the GIVI bags or others you came across when shopping around?

Hello, Im just up the way along the Pacific...across the border into Vancouver. I picked up a 2017 Roamer in 2018. Awesome bike. I've liked the "simple" look and have not added any accessories. I really could use some saddle bags though. I've been looking around and looking for something that will combine practicality and style. Seems that GIVI offers up very practical solutions. I guess it's necessary to have the mounting hardware for their bags, isn't it? Otherwise, do they flap around too much? Unsecure? I had some old canvas saddlebags I was using last summer and I just threw them over the seat, secured to the seat as well. Worked fine, but I'd like to do what's best in the long run. Any info you wanna share about the GIVI bags or others you came across when shopping around?
Hi Michael, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. I know not many people care to read anything these days, but the paragraph at the top of the page here in red, you should. I'll save you a little time, but know that the STORE tab above is where you should start to support the site here. TIA.
For the bags, see; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/body-n-bags/category_hepco-becker+model_v9?sort_by=best-selling

My V9 Roamer came with the SW Motech LC Legend luggage & SCL carrier system

+ panniers look good
SCL carrier unobtrusive
quick to fit
comes with dry bag liners

- can't lock it to the bike
can't lock the panniers

Not the best picturess bu should give you an idea
Thumbnail 20200829 125918 Thumbnail 20200905 122939

Last edited:
I ended up getting the full set of Givi Dolomiti boxes for mine.

20190606 190224 HDR

Fully loaded for a cross country trip however, it only took a couple hundred miles to decide that the top-box was a mistake, and I left it with a friend (along with the windscreen). I finished the trip with a Kriega bag and cargo net instead. The side cases, however, were awesome. And though it's very "eye of the beholder" like everything else about the V9, I think they look great.

20190817 090719 HDR cropped

I ended up getting the full set of Givi Dolomiti boxes for mine.

View attachment 21477

Fully loaded for a cross country trip however, it only took a couple hundred miles to decide that the top-box was a mistake, and I left it with a friend (along with the windscreen). I finished the trip with a Kriega bag and cargo net instead. The side cases, however, were awesome. And though it's very "eye of the beholder" like everything else about the V9, I think they look great.

View attachment 21480
I Really enjoy longer trips and prefer the look of those GIVI boxes over anything Hepco Becker has to offer. But the mounting hardware has discontinued the PL8202 side case carriersas as the TS stated. So what hardware did you use?

So what hardware did you use?

I used the PL8202, but I bought it in May 2019 when they were still available. I've noticed that SW Motech makes adapter hardware for the Givi boxes that bolts onto their full size racks, but of course, they don't seem to make those for the V9 either.

Back