• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

So from this post it's safe to deduce you're not a fan of the smallblocks general.
No, not a safe assumption. I've owned and still ride a 1980 V50 II since 1980, single owner. I'm not really a fan of the big block guzzis, too much mass for my ass. I've been waiting for MG to build a mid size machine for a long time. My machine tips the scale at 363 lbs with full tank of gas, MG lists the wt at 303 lbs (dry).

No, not a safe assumption. I've owned and still ride a 1980 V50 II since 1980, single owner. I'm not really a fan of the big block guzzis, too much mass for my ass. I've been waiting for MG to build a mid size machine for a long time. My machine tips the scale at 363 lbs with full tank of gas, MG lists the wt at 303 lbs (dry).

That doesn't jive with your "underpowered" ride report.

So where are all of the V9 owners? Any one to cheek in here yet? I'll start a V9 Registry page.

I've done over 1500 miles on mine now, been through the first service and by now the engine has worked itself in. Ask anything you want but here are some points that come to mind:

1) Where I'm at (Eastern EU), it's a relatively cheap bike with cheap service (as compared to Triumph, Ducati, BMW, etc). This is further amplified by the dealer making pretty generous trade-in offers, so there you have it. Even if I liked Ducati Scrambler more, it would have cost me about EUR 3000 more in total. Don't forget that at this cheap(ish) price there is shaft drive, 3 years warranty and ABS.

2) The catch is in the fact that the stock bike is really ripped of all accessories and features. You need to buy at least luggage rack, flyscreen, crash bars (you don't want to ride a bike with cylinders sticking out without those) and usable rear shocks from Hagon (don't even ask about the stock ones, they are really more "transportation screws" than meant for actual usage). But, still, it gets you rolling for less money and you can update bit by bit. You would pay the same amount upfront on competitor's bikes anyway.

3) I think the stock seat is a prank too, the accessory catalogue has an actual usable seat. In addition to lacking any pollster, the stock seat absorbs water so long after rain has stopped and bike has dried, you still get wet pants when sitting on it. That can't be taken seriously, that seat must be only a place holder so that you can test-ride it and ride it home from the dealership.

4) The tyres on Bobber are ridiculous of course, but as long as I can find non-OEM tyres when the originals wear out, I'm OK with it. I hope installing slightly different tyres will not mess with the traction control, for what I know, it has a calibrating procedure that should take care of it.

Overall, if it proves reliable and cheap to maintain over say a 5 year period, I'm satisfied. I don't want a chain drive and I don't want tourer or chopper body style, so what other options would I have? BMW R nineT is exactly 1/3 more expensive. And damn I like those agricultural bikes that feel like two-wheeled garden tractors, I have always had zero interest in all the modern-looking plastic bikes.

I test rode one about a month ago. Dealer in CT (USA) had one on floor. Prepped it for me - first time it was on the road since arriving at doc. Didn't get out too long or nearly far enough but first impressions are good. However - I actually like the way the bike looks, too. Which seems to go against the majority here, so take this for what you will. I can say my current rides are a 2006 Ducati Supersport 800 & a 2016 BMW R 1200 RS. In the past 6 months I have test-rode far too many bikes. I have the new acquisition down to 2 - this V9 or a Triumph T120 Black. Really liked both bikes. Will pick up 1 over this coming off-season. Will follow-up . . .

My dealer in Atlanta had both the Roamer and Bobber in stock when I was in last month. Both looked great. I'm not a fan of "blacked out" bikes regardless of the brand, so my preference was the Roamer. They had the yellow one on the floor, and it looked really nice. Nice seating position as well - very "standard". Great color.

Moto-Guzzi-V9-Roamer-023-590x442.jpg

Moto Strada have customised a couple of V9s, which can be seen on their website. They look pretty good, but I wish they'd put V7 tanks on them.

Hi All.
As you know, I have toured the USA on a Breva 750, and sometimes really needed just a bit more power.

motoguzziriders.com

Well I was all set to jump out & buy the new Roamer 850.

Then I found out it was only a 15 liter tank !
Which I find Stoopid !
Since the Breva 750 has an 18 liter tank
I need at least a 22 liter tank, and contacting custom tank builders, in the UK , they said it was not easy and to do a 22 + liter tank would cost around GBP 2500, and more, for the fuel pump.

Now, other sites are saying that the V7 22 liter fuel tank , is also made to fit the V 9 ??
Lots of people mention custom builds of the V 9 already ??? Including the mounting of a V7 tank ??

Yet, so far, I cannot find any pictures to back up those claims ??

Any info will be greatly appreciated
Cheers

Deja-thread... The feeling that I've already responded to this thread on WildGuzzi before. :rofl:

Well I was all set to jump out & buy the new Roamer 850. Then I found out it was only a 15 liter tank !
Which I find Stoopid !
Yet, so far, I cannot find any pictures to back up those claims ??
Well, you've now posted on the site that can give you pertinent answers. I am in the middle of the retro-fit as we write. Tank looks like a simple swap (although the fuel pump is a different part #, so we shall see), and the seat latch is in a completely different position, which should be hopefully easily resolved. I'll be posting as I go.
I can build you one if you want.
Pic below of a Roamer with a V7 tank and seat, and one that I hope I can get mine to look like.

IMG 8733

IMG 8872

Todd, Are you changing the subframe to match the V7 foot peg as shown in second pic?
IMO skip the plastic starter cover.
Yes and yes. The exhaust has to change because of the positioning and muffler hanger brackets off the lower frame rails. Funny that they worked so hard to make so many of the body parts in metal, then hid the starter with plastic... perhaps to shroud the made in China starter sticker.
I bought the Bobber, which will be available in the RentAGuzzi fleet when done.

IMG 8846

Well, you've now posted on the site that can give you pertinent answers. I am in the middle of the retro-fit as we write. Tank looks like a simple swap (although the fuel pump is a different part #, so we shall see), and the seat latch is in a completely different position, which should be hopefully easily resolved. I'll be posting as I go.
I can build you one if you want.
Pic below of a Roamer with a V7 tank and seat, and one that I hope I can get mine to look like.

View attachment 11079

View attachment 11080

Nice, very nice. Well done!

Sorry, been occupied with family & the usual stuff.
I am chasing an Idea, that might let me take you up on your offer, of building me one !
Back in 2006, while visiting friends in Ohio, I bought a used honda CX 500.
Then , since I had no Utility bills etc, I was not able to register or insure the bike, unless I got a waiver from Homeland Security.

I phoned the number the vehicle department gave me, about 8 times a day , for 3 days , and never got an answer.
In the end, the only way we were able to fix it, was , my mate, registered the bike as his, and insured me as designated driver.
I do not know if California is the same.
That was the reason why I bought the Breva in the UK , then flew it over,

Since then, I have, by using different forums, been told, that Montana has ( Or Had ) no restrictions, on vehicle registration etc.

Anyway I am working on a solution. I will get back to you , as & when.
I really like the looks and seat, on the white one, however I would want mine in black.
Also, I hope you are well on the way, to recovery !
Cheers

Last edited:
V9 Updated from MCN:

A year after the launch of the new V9 models, Guzzi have given the pair a small tickle to address early concerns over comfort, and opened up a huge range of accessories.

The Bobber & Roamer will get a slightly different riding position; The footpegs will be mounted 100mm farther back, and 35mm higher, changing the rider positioning for better control, and creating a little more room for taller riders. The seats now offer more padding, and are set at 785mm. Effectively taking over the mantle of the Nevada, Guzzi is now pushing the Roamer’s touring capabilities, and have created a mass of GT accessories to make the Roamer a continent-crosser – from large screens to luggage racks and panniers.

IMG 9188

Back