• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

I've got just 100 miles on my Bobber but so far really liking it. The engine is wonderful. Not a fast bike, but feels fast compared to the V7. The low end torque is really a pleasure. The bike handles very well. Turns easily, but the front tire of the Bobber gives it a planted confidence-inspiring feel. Stock suspension is better than the V7, but that's' not saying much. It's tolerable, but it's a low hanging fruit in terms of performance mods.

I actually like the peg position. I thought about waiting for the newer version that's been announced with the moved back pegs, but now glad I didn't.

Like all Guzzi's, the pleasure of the V9 is in its intangible qualities, the ones you won't see on paper.

I recently drove to Marietta to check out a closeout V7. However, while it felt a little small, the V9B felt perfect. Initially, I was not a fan of the bike in pictures, but in person, its a great looking bike. Not the classic looking V7, but as a modern bike, its pretty nice. So, I am considering one of these rather than a Sportster or Bonneville. Here is my question- I have read that the 2017 V9 has a different seat and peg position. Does that apply only to Euro models or would a 2017 V9 US have the updated configuration already? Does anyone have pics that they could post showing the difference?

Mine is a 2017 and it does not have the revised pegs. Maybe mine is just older stock and the change is still coming sometime in 2017? I don't know why they would do it differently for the EU.

As low as the Bobber's seat is, I think moving the pegs back would make me feel folded up too much. If the pegs were moved back, you'd probably want extra seat height, maybe the accessory comfort seat would do it. That's just my feeling. As I said, I like the pegs where they are. The stock Bobber seat doesn't do your butt any favors, but it does remind you that you're on a bobber.

All V9's come in as 2017s, so I suspect the revisions will be for the 2018 model year, possibly arriving late this year as a guess. If you can get a great deal on one, the lower frame rails can be purchased ($$$) for a (somewhat simple) swap.

I really liked the current riding position. Very comfortable! The seat is a bad joke though! So I hope the market provides some additional options.

I recently drove to Marietta to check out a closeout V7. However, while it felt a little small, the V9B felt perfect. Initially, I was not a fan of the bike in pictures, but in person, its a great looking bike. Not the classic looking V7, but as a modern bike, its pretty nice. So, I am considering one of these rather than a Sportster or Bonneville. Here is my question- I have read that the 2017 V9 has a different seat and peg position. Does that apply only to Euro models or would a 2017 V9 US have the updated configuration already? Does anyone have pics that they could post showing the difference?

Bkiser, - I too live in the Atlanta area, and on my last visit to Marietta, I thought the same thing - the V9 looks much better in person than in pictures, especially the Roamer. I've got a 2013 Triumph Thruxton to go with my Norge, and it would be a hard decision if I had to make it today. The new water cooled Bonnevilles look great, but so do the new V9s.

Interesting that when you look at the peg placement of the old 1970's 850T, they are indeed rearset compared to the V9. A 2018 V9 with pegs further back (and maybe slightly lower bars) would be great.

The V9 seating position reminded me of a mid control Sportster but with a higher seat so more vertical legroom and less spread between the feet. I loved the bike but then my dilemma is that I also came across a very clean 2008 XL1200R which I could get for about 4K less! Anyone owned both? My main concerns with the Guzzi are new bike depreciation, lack of accessories, and being 100 miles from the nearest dealer. So the rational side says get the sportster but I liked the lively feel of the V9.

The V9 seating position reminded me of a mid control Sportster but with a higher seat so more vertical legroom and less spread between the feet. I loved the bike but then my dilemma is that I also came across a very clean 2008 XL1200R which I could get for about 4K less! Anyone owned both? My main concerns with the Guzzi are new bike depreciation, lack of accessories, and being 100 miles from the nearest dealer. So the rational side says get the sportster but I liked the lively feel of the V9.

I've got an 07 XL1200Lr (a low that I've built into an R with mostly OEM parts) and a 13 V7 Stone.

I'd hate to have to pick between them.

The Guzzi is lighter, and arguably more fun in the twisties the tighter it gets. But it's also less powerful and less comfortable longer distance or on the highway.

The Sporty is more powerful and comfortable. It's not even bad 2-up and still lots of fun to throw around in curves.

As you surmised accessories are much more scarce for the Guzzi.

I love both, but if I had to have JUST ONE, I might pick the Sporty.

My main concerns with the Guzzi are new bike depreciation, lack of accessories, and being 100 miles from the nearest dealer. So the rational side says get the sportster but I liked the lively feel of the V9.
If those are major concerns, buy the HD. Guzzi's take special 'get your hands dirty' owners, who can't always depend on a dealer.

Yup, in a Russian roulette sort of way except it's an Italian machine. V7/9 is worth the game for what you get on a country twisty road.

Of course if you ARE interested in a Harley, the 1200R models are one of the best handlers they've made in recent years other than the XR and the new CX.

And heck, I've seen the XR compared to a Griso. Having ridden both I get the comparison.

The 1200R is a little more mild than an XR, but not a whole lot.

Picking between the two (1200R and V7/V9) would be tough.

Glad I don't have to.

vF2d5mZIPUiKlivsXlThLshgvWTUGy3rMy6Vetu_Cyk1SvJItv3TFw_dahVWJRO-Ny7pPIsUuwcG-ViYCDgv8qgGzvfJ96gKH71QmW0e6AJMoY-zZYLVr72PeB65p_-MciAohLkmfEC1lJ5oo6PtEZIAEmNWcmD__bjfXSVLqhkbo9Yo6hI9_gne_EHZ4BmluVV1KR7AjRNklOyPbPq277HkRhPF3WeIANjNbiNOB43ycU7mJTxriCp9KQYSC2DlVbbSY5LiQ3-F2cFn2HYC1E3S-nrcg9d_vH0MDhChB_WfmFD0DRgaD2dQwD5kXmGy_NyzAT1H3yyooCHmjfx0XWGTzEGcOKZtesZCjTVQigHUA-wNaVbMw5qNurWZGQ9BgKk8pQ3dp8qKyEBSzx2u59LSnvl12z55Bh65fSuaGyeQggnGoVm_ESXcO1K20c2EK_TApdWy3tu5dyJAvwqWGHQa9Xs6WuZozpWhSwb4vBJ5B7UXjz0vKyE2NmDFgVUgUyOQN_jCpc_viYWQzG5_LoJYfYJomC0mgkozIWpARWj3sczI-8dMK0QXVM4tLyCA1yDL3t1cwgdUza3RSc-U51nXKcVlvKlmnRIuKi8jzDBwGGJQ8DAvXACmjmuxV-RDKzzY870gG7WVe4OfbZ6vUxcGsXfRogNunNXjOCsavBE=w1593-h897-no

zx4JLle2X0DPa4nwUWwpshV1WakZ7m0nnl9F0EjkpQFyymNxjqxSGi3x5wZbVujqE2Ts7sA-Z5bD1_vq7iFQCLV8zx5u6uiZO033pOsaDcRfal3SunT-gVZ2otzBIcxNrHRKKZGf-DVmyRMF6bNGClFfoWMgAksOGMJ795Q4cJkEeRGauTGUPfwiPG1tWs7vXxz09U6uc6t1gBg30yFm4ny0I1uHEMaInRuk1BVr8K_zHj30_rxNk5hOhiRqIZkpKM1wXplGq9eiQx-acdF3k2tpUpuIuIlFPQABQGGS3KhFez7AuzKKnsW2dy-WDJ4IINn__R5XSFX1uexGC3IGQ4hGlTMATaBDoI-XMs0neaJZEbD2o9Tp0KkLUqndGNNCe9mGtfT-v5kjAlClImK-VWHhtya5Nt-Ivah9UgHlRYP4SB9YnoH3JN8baqZSbFshvFgKxuo0W9JQkyEvBovAmDEVuvIlYXC9Qs1ZlMMiojv4ylfOplgtC3Z3ztVn04R5QkM2AQrK5J4_ADSTa25TDCML1dZBnhLtiCnGcLhqvZteVBf1h8Hdf-H2Ijw49RUNI-RWbJGuMBRFbj20CTXftFCmtL8Fa6y9crSYqbD7fE0mm0F7cUGWK3WdVJrmbKldd-RKsAJ7w7HFDeXsEMvoG4pJUrAc2H5cbZBafnOnhQ4=w1593-h897-no

Ha ha, till I went looking just now I didn't realize I had almost the same shot with each bike.

Kev M- any pics of them together?

Yes- the 1200r esp the 2008 model has always been a bucket list bike for me. Although seeing the CX now selling used in the sub-9k range is really hard to pass up. However the V9 is a really tough competitor. Seeing it in person, and sitting on it, it started making sense to me. The V7 competes with the Bonneville, and the V9 is the itlalian sportster. The difference being that MG seems less willing to compromise dynamics for style. If I could find a used V9 it would be all over.

Just this one that's a couple of years old. But if there's something in particular you're trying to vision (proportionally), I'd be happy to take some new photos this weekend or answer any questions.

If you were anywhere near Philly/NJ I'd tell you to just drop by.

Q3VPJdmUvOfdANRCjNeZyTQ4eYJ5h9kBIuG8Wa4uz_jKmpKhmB2Sq1-DcGwM1LrIww6vbcWXm9h8K-Y3ljuofeJJMy9gElT57Flt30_9R6vJpcphrsskFA4BX8Z90qq55CXbRIWTZ4yy6E_oWFk9cNsy6awym9BQepPFvCj7-AO1XIiKtnyi2Wg4cfOy3-LwBuBGQjaDTQC_5PvwwzfrCNjPA1F2g27jRA1JLSqKplRYDGC7PKkEVuG3jBa6ToL2TZYaQws67K6N8nZKU5--DJopQzFaF_mt_YEN8b5b-b4JnIq64RdD5A74zsnoEz353BYvWoLrbLTV6svruEOG6Zu1nTD73Ei4fEtNx9Qr-7aTkfApytdRjqpxJ6GO3TSajdz4LorIgrxpFCCwK8STFPJPgf24Bc6wFjvxcz0_QLDfTAz5dBf--EjMYOiwOc6JFeuvpVBchrv_7MnBD-0lR3vXgMmkSiBDzNl8Z_uMzzIBIwlzs6-UIXTlVZP0gg3nPDJ8U-jyMLFGthXHs3PNf-vMM8jEWq0fbzshOfKIoJ_64hA-z8QrRgBVJ9APBx1tpGDbXFmZ1xwG4LcyltAOsZnikOPIsoXspSy61lLOApV8RwxxKlBD4bG47PWpfmEnihjKa061VWFr5hA4-MzMABUQrmsAUXnKHw-EeqM-EzI=w864-h487-no

Just this one that's a couple of years old. But if there's something in particular you're trying to vision (proportionally), I'd be happy to take some new photos this weekend or answer any questions.

If you were anywhere near Philly/NJ I'd tell you to just drop by.

Q3VPJdmUvOfdANRCjNeZyTQ4eYJ5h9kBIuG8Wa4uz_jKmpKhmB2Sq1-DcGwM1LrIww6vbcWXm9h8K-Y3ljuofeJJMy9gElT57Flt30_9R6vJpcphrsskFA4BX8Z90qq55CXbRIWTZ4yy6E_oWFk9cNsy6awym9BQepPFvCj7-AO1XIiKtnyi2Wg4cfOy3-LwBuBGQjaDTQC_5PvwwzfrCNjPA1F2g27jRA1JLSqKplRYDGC7PKkEVuG3jBa6ToL2TZYaQws67K6N8nZKU5--DJopQzFaF_mt_YEN8b5b-b4JnIq64RdD5A74zsnoEz353BYvWoLrbLTV6svruEOG6Zu1nTD73Ei4fEtNx9Qr-7aTkfApytdRjqpxJ6GO3TSajdz4LorIgrxpFCCwK8STFPJPgf24Bc6wFjvxcz0_QLDfTAz5dBf--EjMYOiwOc6JFeuvpVBchrv_7MnBD-0lR3vXgMmkSiBDzNl8Z_uMzzIBIwlzs6-UIXTlVZP0gg3nPDJ8U-jyMLFGthXHs3PNf-vMM8jEWq0fbzshOfKIoJ_64hA-z8QrRgBVJ9APBx1tpGDbXFmZ1xwG4LcyltAOsZnikOPIsoXspSy61lLOApV8RwxxKlBD4bG47PWpfmEnihjKa061VWFr5hA4-MzMABUQrmsAUXnKHw-EeqM-EzI=w864-h487-no
Hey Kevin, you have my other bike! I too have a 2000 Thunderbolt S3T with PM wheels. Bought it brand new, and still have it in the garage for my kids to ride when we take long trips. A truly magical motorcycle that I will never sell. Mine is Amazon Green.

Dale
IMG 20140629 122645652 HDR

Hey Kevin, you have my other bike! I too have a 2000 Thunderbolt S3T with PM wheels. Bought it brand new, and still have it in the garage for my kids to ride when we take long trips. A truly magical motorcycle that I will never sell. Mine is Amazon Green.

Dale
View attachment 11593

Sadly that's a "HAD".

Had I bought mine new I might still have it. But it was an impulse purchase (that I don't regret at all) when I thought my wife would be moving the family to the Poconos for her work. Which would have meant glorious hilly/twisty roads. However in a fickle twist of fate she found a job she loved in the flat, straight, pinelands of NJ where I quickly found that the poor S3T would just sit at WOT for no apparent reason (except lack of right wrist discipline) and I thought it better to pass it along to another enthusiast to better shepherd its future.

Besides, I really do prefer more upright/standard ergos for myself, such as that of the 1200R.

I'm really glad I had some time with it though as it was a neat bike. I'll call it the Buell I always wanted/flirted with owning.

Still... I will think of it fondly:

ZjXfmYgcnYmFwI4WthMU4kOhOzmRAMQ32ozfDMv-NF4PXON-rYxUqEc68lzcSg7Y1GzXCUPNZYniIUVQNzdSNIGSvmo1UJc0TPqIDKi73CEHSqFtbMsd9BoV7EHlmKGabqzzMKD50L27pssQufnt-9mqLZVwWLGmkgsuyga9bHcSn1Oa3I3h4wUSJnuuKlSOKv_K8lAgzSFpmZ4SDrfeAGHvoC03uhMXTiZM-NxMXdNE1Sk9LhKhbljmmEEcFeu9PtTtCmLqBP95N-JTH70ugumWhYZE2BhnJaINSt09NK17Bv8sCwUXqH-D92E-e9ZPXGJpu1V30nyB0Oa_zTi7cyH-UmijRH5k6WPaHlkJaHyuL0ySzxbEJKUB0__sPXjoibhgv_AV508pYh1pg5vRDUKyK3-czOgnIF5o5Wdq_8fF0_b7glHzYX3S1bO6nZnhMt_PXdp2n86waTM3AfSwVvdRuhYzFeYwTBLhAtnTZPhTTbZALahCdEUH9LFLBJiRFZ0M8PnLqC32s9rqYbCm2Px6-XuHf5lha5NEGRta61mNP49y-ziCKaAKoJCQk4ABEXkAfIaYBgFaENltl2UZcUBzx0vzZJOcaV9MHY8a9RittTu6KsZ8F1GCUvFulTbfdIy08Vxv7ccMYR5Iz5jVltbPRiRzs_TAfATMNGhXh0w=w1591-h897-no

Back to Guzzi... The RentAGuzzi/RideMalibu V9 continues it's V7 transformation; Tank, seat, bars, lower frame rails/pegs, GT-Rx proto exhaust, Matris fork kit and soon coming shocks. Next up Ohlins forks and 17" wheels. Stay tuned. You can come ride it at RideMalibu.com

IMG 0183

Back to Guzzi... The RentAGuzzi/RideMalibu V9 continues it's V7 transformation; Tank, seat, bars, lower frame rails/pegs, GT-Rx proto exhaust, Matris fork kit and soon coming shocks. Next up Ohlins forks and 17" wheels. Stay tuned. You can come ride it at RideMalibu.com

That's a gorgeous bike Todd!

That's a gorgeous bike Todd!
Thanks Kev, should get even better as I go still; A long list to completion. It's out now on rental duties as shown with Gregg and Michael in from New England.

RAG RM 21617

Back