Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V9 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Aug 20, 2016.

1. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Welcome Cole! I've got a yellow Roamer and I'm close by in Redondo... Keep an eye on the "SoCal V7/V9 ride 2019" thread and message me if you're ever up for a short local cruise.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Hi Cole, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi Famiglia. Look forward to catching up with you in person maybe on one of our small block rides. If I can be of any help with anything service or otherwise, click the Service tab above.

Post often, and enjoy the ride!

3. V9 Roamer

V9 Roamer Just got it firing!

2017 V9 Roamer
    Purchased in Belgrade, Serbia, Europe 20190707_122342 crop.jpg
    Added:
    - rear rack GIVI
    - engine guard GIVI
    - windshield DART Marlin fly-screen

Regards,
    Micha

4. PasoDuc88

Congrats and welcome, Micha! Beautiful bike you're sure to enjoy.

5. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome. Be sure to post your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Enjoy and post often!

6. V9 Roamer

Thanks PasoDuc88. I really enjoy with the bike.
    I'm 63 and I've finally discovered the motorcycle for myself.
    Highly recommended!

7. V9 Roamer

VIN#ZGULH0008GM000981- Micha@V9 Roamer - Belgrade, Serbia, Europe - D.O.P. 4.06.19 -

IMG-11455980e9f864396e16c36ea85f3281-V crop.jpg

8. V9 Roamer

Two V9s came to dealer's shop in Belgrade this spring - the white one (I bought it) and the yellow one, just like yours. I was in dilemma which one to by and chose the white. I'm still thinking that the yellow is beautiful as well. Bravo:clap:

PasoDuc88 likes this.
  9. PasoDuc88

Indeed they're beautiful bikes. The quality paint job on both the white and yellow is remarkable - really gives the V9 a premium feel in my opinion.

I really didn't appreciate the Roamer until I saw one in person, and it quickly became the bike I just had to have. I was a bit torn between the two colors myself, but figured I'd go with yellow since my Paso is white :happy:

Eldo1400 likes this.
  10. acidlaser

acidlaser Just got it firing!

Same here. The Roamer makes more sense in person than it does in photos. I went to the dealership intending to buy a V7, and rode away on a V9.

Eldo1400 and PasoDuc88 like this.
  11. Dayve

Dayve Moto Enguzziast

The black and yellow V9 Bobber is one SEXY bike! I really like it (even though the yellow checkerboard paint on the fender reminds me of an old school taxi cab). I like the Grey and Red paint job too, but that black and yellow just pops!

Eldo1400 and PasoDuc88 like this.
  12. emanuele

emanuele Just got it firing!

Hi Everybody!
    Just joined the forum! I am an Italian living in Republic of Ireland, it is a country where there is not an official dealer. That is why I bought my bike in Italy and I brought it here in Dublin :)

That's my pride and joy:

1ad8ef13-13e8-4a8f-9920-7a09ca8b3cca.JPG

VIN# - ZGULHK011KM000219
    Name - Emanuele
    City, State - Dublin, Ireland
    Date of Purchase - April 19

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  13. PasoDuc88

Beautiful bike! I think Guzzi did a great job with this V9 model... Welcome to the forum!

14. PasoDuc88

Finally decided I was tired of the very upright riding position the Roamer's stock handlebar promotes, especially at highway speeds - required a concerted effort to hang on when battling the windblast.

So I replaced it with the LSL 7/8" Superbike Bar (standard) from Guzzitech / GTMotoCycles; and replaced the stock mirrors with the Rizoma Radial RS mirrors (also purchased from Todd's store)… Install was quite manageable with LSL's drill Jig - made it simple to drill the required holes in the handlebar in the right spots and keep the bit tracking correctly (not listed on the website but I procured it through Todd as well)...

20191102_094414.jpg 20191102_094634.jpg Inked20191102_094547_LI.jpg Inked20191102_094816_LI.jpg

New riding position is far superior - just enough forward lean. And the bike looks better too (IMO).

My V9 also features Todd's GTM Long GP Megs, Matris F15K Full Fork Cartridge Kit, and Matris Standard Twin Shocks... Truly a blast to ride with these upgrades!

15. Steven Makky

Steven Makky Just got it firing!

She's beautiful

PasoDuc88 likes this.
  16. Stephen Dickinson

Stephen Dickinson Tuned and Synch'ed

yep agree looks good.
    What luggage do you have on her?

PasoDuc88 likes this.
  17. Stephen Dickinson

Stephen Dickinson Tuned and Synch'ed

Current state of play of my 2016 Roamer. Looking for more luggage space but understand GIVI's frame rails now out of stock and H&Bs not really suited to big bags

IMG_0931.jpg IMG_0927.jpg IMG_0933.jpg

PasoDuc88 likes this.
  18. GT-Rx®

Completely incorrect. Where did you get this info from? Any of the C-Bow bags fit securely and nicely on... just a few of the available options HERE - we can get any HB product as we are a dealer.

Also, can we get your VIN# and related info for the first post of this thread?

19. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Very nice.

PasoDuc88 likes this.
  20. PasoDuc88

The luggage is the OEM Moto Guzzi Touring Side Bags, part # 2S000731. They are a combination Cordura/leather around a hard inner shell and work very well. The down side is the price - MSRP is substantially more than any of the aftermarket options I'm aware of. But I was lucky and found them on eBay - with the required bracket set included - for a very competitive price. (The bracket set is part # 2S000723.)