Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V9 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Stephen Dickinson

Stephen Dickinson Tuned and Synch'ed

Mate..

VIN no ZGULH0007GM000406

RE H&B
    Sorry but disagree. H&B don't make a larger rack for big bags for the V9 only than the smallish cut out one
    Re C Bow. Yes you can get the big leather bags eg Liberty but starting to get a little concerned as strength of CBow connection on the V9 not really suited to heavy loads that the bigger bags would logically have. The discontinued GIVI PL8202 would have provided the necessary framework for larger bags. Will check out whether you can still get the OEM bags as per Paso Duc88.

Cheers

2. Stephen Dickinson

Cheers Mate
    Found them but agree the normal price is crazy.
    Perhaps the current stock around the world will be eventually sold at a lower price given the apparent unpopularity of the V9.

3. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Cheers Stephen! One would certainly think so, considering what the bikes are selling for these days... I'll let you know if I run across another deal on them.

4. Stephen Dickinson

Thanks for that.
    Unfortunately though (as of yesterday) the V9 has gone to a new owner.
    Lack of luggage space at reasonable cost and frankly she wasn't all that comfortable on a long trip.
    Planning to take a Guzzi to Europe next year for 100th anniversary. Couldn't afford a V85 so have gone for a 2012 rollerised Stelvio.
    All things considered though haven't regretted the V9 which I bought in mid 2016.
    Cheers

5. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Sounds like a wise choice - seriously considered a Stelvio myself at one point (love my V9 though)... Best of luck with the new ride!

6. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

Rode a Stelvio for seven years, a 600km trip from here to Stelvio Pass (of course!) was pleasantly confortable.

7. nidge

nidge Just got it firing!

8. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Just post your VIN# and related info, and I'll take it from there to enter it on the first post here.
    Congrats and welcome.

9. nidge

nidge Just got it firing!

V9 Bobber Sport
    vin# ZGULHK016KM000152
    Nigel, Lancashire, UK
    D.O.P. 13-02-2020 IMG_20200407_144308.jpg

10. GT-Rx®

Robert Gibson likes this.
  11. RitzCracker

RitzCracker Just got it firing!

VIN#ZGULHU018HM000352 - Syed - Austin, TX - 5/5/2020 - Purchased a V9 Bobber from Sean @AF1 Racing Austin. My first Guzzi!

IMG_1542.jpg

12. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! Enjoy and hope to see you here often.

RitzCracker likes this.
  13. Daniel Berthold

Daniel Berthold Just got it firing!

ZGULH0003GM000385 - Daniel (Crash) - Melbourne Australia. Purchased 2nd hand in Adelaide. Here's a before and after picture. guzzi v9.jpeg IMG_20190827_163318.jpg

14. OberBobber

OberBobber Just got it firing!

Hi all, Been reading a few posts for a while but never actually contributed much here. I’ve had my V9 Bobber Sport for almost a year now, and I absolutely love it.

DSC05387.JPEG DSC05391.JPEG

15. marquezdl

marquezdl Just got it firing!

Is that a V9 all dressed up like a V7? I love it!

16. Robb Wing

Robb Wing Just got it firing!

17. Bennie Thomas

Bennie Thomas Just got it firing!

VIN # ZGULH000HM000224 - White 2017 V9 Roamer - Bennie Thomas - Raleigh, North Carolina - USA - Purchased June 2020 second hand with 580 miles on the clock. Mods include Todd's ECU flash - air block kit, moved passenger pegs to the front and converted them into highway pegs (it takes a little persuasion), removed baffles in OEM pipes, de-badged the bike, pulled off pinstripes on fenders, tidied up the tail-light. More to come....

20200704_184519.jpg 20200705_171752.jpg 20200705_193137.jpg 20200705_184143.jpg 20200702_002301.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Robb Wing and RitzCracker like this.
  18. Bennie Thomas

Bennie Thomas Just got it firing!

Looks great! How much trouble was the TANK CHANGE??? I would love to have more capacity. Thank you.

19. HoustonSVT

HoustonSVT Just got it firing!

Hey!

Mike from Texas here...always been a gearhead, but kept it to 4 wheels until now. Recently picked up a leftover 2017 V9 Bobber...first bike for me and so far, this feels like a great entry into riding. I purchased the bike from GT Motorcycles out of San Diego, and I have to say, Paul and his team were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process!
    I've always like unique brands/vehicles, so a Moto Guzzi just seemed like the right choice...that and the fact that its heritage, quirks, and Italian nature reminded me of my Alfa Romeo Giulia QV that I recently got rid of! So far, only changes or mods from a stock bike are the black headlight bezel, control panel cover and cylinder head protectors in billet.
    The immediate plans (if my wife doesn't kill me) are to get rid of the hideously tall mirrors, replace the 10lb taillight monstrosity, and open up the exhaust so I can hear it over the rattling of the engine and the chattering of the clutch lol. Glad to be here and excited to take on a new project!

IMG_20200829_175522_160.jpg
    IMG_20200829_175522_161.jpg
    image000001.jpg

RitzCracker and acidlaser like this.
  20. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

Now that is creative thinking.