Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V9 Suspension Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Mar 16, 2017.

1. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

TweeZ4,

Best I can measure gives me about 32 mm front sag and 20 mm rear sag (both laden). Still playing with the damping settings - I'll post more when I decide where I'm going to leave them.

TweeZ4 likes this.
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Careful. I set sag based on your weight, and balanced the valving front to rear. Doubt you'll make it better then what I gave it to you at. This comes from decades of road and race experience. ;)

3. PasoDuc88

Glad you chimed in here, Todd! I haven't touched preload, and I've got the shocks back to where you set them, but do you happen to have a record of the front settings (or a best guestimate)?

4. TweeZ4

TweeZ4 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Hi! Given that front fork travel is 130 mm and rear wheel travel is 96mm, sag numbers 32mm and 20mm (front and rear respectively) look like too much preload, compared to what is stated as "target sag" in the first message of of this thread.

Probably, your set up is not in contradiction with the idea of "sporty spirited riding", but definitely it is not for "comfortable plush relaxed cruising" :)

However, I've made back to back test ride - my V9 (matris suspension) vs dealer's stock V7 iii and certainly I prefer Matris setup.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    PasoDuc88 likes this.
  5. PasoDuc88

From what I understand, I think I'm actually at the lower end of sag. Regardless, I had the luxury of having Todd/GTM execute my set-up, so I'm not touching preload. However, I have - simply out of curiosity and the desire to learn a little more - played around with the rebound and compression damping...and I have yet to find better settings than what he gave it to me at. Nevertheless, the Matris components definitely seem to push the V9's ride more in the direction of "plush" performance rather than pure comfort.

TweeZ4 and Stradagene like this.
  6. emaxt6

emaxt6 Tuned and Synch'ed

What about V9 bobber MY18 stock?
    Anyone that had set those progessive springs in preload?

Of course it depends but what have you measured for the rear travel and loaded sag with your weight? optimal? What do you suggest here for the MY18 stock? any?

please enlighten me? :):)

7. GT-Rx®

Can anyone that has a 2018 V9 let me know if the rear top shock mount looks like the pic below? Apparently it now looks like this for the 2018 models in Europe. Thanks.
    DSC_1688.JPG

Poppe likes this.
  8. emaxt6

emaxt6 Tuned and Synch'ed

Seems so, Mine is MY 2018 , below
    I have still to attempt any sag tuning or measure... they are set now as delivered... seems reasonable though...
    Are they KYB apparently?

upload_2018-11-26_18-39-49.png

upload_2018-11-26_18-40-48.png

upload_2018-11-26_18-38-22.png

9. greer

greer Just got it firing!

Todd,

Are the GTM 2S Twin Shocks for the V9 still available? And if so, would it be advisable to order a set 1 inch longer than stock in order to increase ground clearance? Would a longer shock tend to stress the drive shaft components in some way? Thanks

Sarah

10. GT-Rx®

Always best to email me direct on questions like this, as I don’t always catch every post. +20mm is an option, and is no issue on the driveline at all. Order online and I’ll be in touch for your info.

11. greer

greer Just got it firing!

Thank you!

Sarah

12. TweeZ4

TweeZ4 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Does anybody know what is stock fork's spring rate (constant) for MG V9?