• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Valve adjusters 1975 850 T

pizza for you

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I just received my new adjusters that were on order since last September. Comparing the old adjusters to the new ones I noticed a difference between the two. I measured the adjusters at the end that sits in the push rod. The new one measures about 2.00 mm while the old ones at 2.5 mm. New adjuster on the left and the old one on the right.
Adjuster end
Adjusters top veiw
Below is the style of push rod that was in my engine when I tore the engine down
Pushrod Pushrod end
When I insert the end of the new adjuster it will sit lower in the push rod and it rotates freely and will fall right out when I let go. When I push the old adjuster in the end of the push rod you can feel a slight catch to it. Should I just install the new adjusters into the rocker arms and not worry about it ?

Last edited:
Even with the damaged threads on the old adjuster screw I would be tempted to re-use so long as the adjusting nut can lock it in place. Those parts have been running together for some time and should mate well. The surface of the new adjuster where it meets the push rod looks a bit rough to me and could wear into the push rod. If you can't lock in the adjustment, then I'd have the new adjusting screws polished. It shouldn't take much to clean up the surface.

I think I am correct in saying that 850T and early used a different profile on the ball so an adjuster that fits a T3 and later will not fit properly in the pushrod cup. I am pretty sure you can get the early type of adjuster screw.

I think I am correct in saying that 850T and early used a different profile on the ball so an adjuster that fits a T3 and later will not fit properly in the pushrod cup. I am pretty sure you can get the early type of adjuster screw.
The part number for the 850T is 1203400. Guzzi doesn't always make new parts that match the old configuration. What he shows sure looks like the part number. https://harpermoto.com/products/screw-12034001

The new adjusters I just received are the early type and what I understand is my push rods I have are the early style and go with the early type adjusters . Seems to me my old damaged adjusters must be a later type as in late 1975 and up. At some point in the past some one must have installed the later adjusters and used them with the early push rods. Should I use the early adjusters with the push rods that were used with the later adjusters ? Thanks to every one for your help.

I think and I am sure someone will confirm it or not but the ball end of the early pushrod only fit early followers. You would need to fit later followers, push rods and screws but not a mixture.

I would be interested in the used early type push rods. I have new early type adjusters.
Thanks.

Back