• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

VDST connection with ECU - just not happening...

Trophy900

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey All,

I wanted to check my throttle body sync and TPS value this evening and for the life of me was unable to get the software to connect to my ECU. It auto found the port but just sat, and sat, and sat trying to connect to the ECU and it never did. I tried about a half dozen times - nothing. This is only the second time I've used it, but the first time I had no problems at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

You my want to contact the guys at Techno Research. http://www.technoresearch.com/ You will find them helpful. There was a recent post where a fellow couldn't get his to connect, he contacted Techno Research and it turned out to be a cable problem.

Unlikely to be the cable as it connected fine the first time.

Are you using a serial port directly on your computer or a USB to serial converter? If the latter, is it what Technoresearch recommend, the Keyspan USA-19HS? This needs to be set up as follows:-

Under Properties set:
Endpoints: High Performance (Bulk)
Transmit Completion Timing Advance to: Faster
Receive FIFO Buffer Size: 63

I'm not sure whether I'm being superstitious or not, but once I have success I always use the same USB connection on the PC.

It is not uncommon for the connection to occasionally drop off during the testing. I'm also experiencing this with the Technoresearch Centurion which has a direct USB connection. Disappointing, it was one of the reasons I purchased it to eliminate the drop offs.

Had a similar issue with mine at the dealer and it ended up being a bad ground near the starter. One of the stand off bolts for the plastic cover had started to crumble due to a reaction from the current. Replaced it and all was well again.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm going to check the settings per Dave's guidance and give it another go. If I don't have any luck I'll contact Techno Research as John has suggested.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks again for the quick replies!
Jeff

Jeff, per above, if you can get it connected to the bike, and the computer online, call TR M-F CST and they'll get you going and do a free online demo to show you all of the options.

I had the exact same problem. FOund the cable no problem, but would just keep trying to connect. It is not a computer issue if it recognizes the cable. I called Sandro at TR and had him puzzled for a while also. Made no sence that it connected to the cable, but not the bike.

He then had me open up the 9 pin connector to see if the red and black wire got crossed when they made the cable. Only the black wire is used for connecting. Openned up the 9 pin connector and found the black wire broken at the solder on the pin. If I remember correctly it should be soldered to the second pin on the top and the red on the 3rd (at least for the stelvio cable). Soldered back the wire and connected instantly.

Give it a look, but call Sandro just in case. At a minimum he will want to know about it. He was very apologetic and also a little upset that it happened.

Good luck and post what you find...

Hey All,

Just tried to connect again today and it hooked right up??? Not sure what it struggled with the other night but all seems to be well. Not sure if just disconnecting everything and rebooting the computer (a completely fresh session) did it or if it was something else.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

Jeff, with Windows, a reboot often solves problems 50% of the time. :S

Back