• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

VDSTS arrived

YBFAST

Cruisin' Guzzisti
:) Came yesterday... Thanks Todd!

Literally a five minute set up... and instructions so even I can follow them B)
Reset TPS so fast I thought I did it wrong. Sure beats a 300 mile ride for a Axone tune-up

How does yours hook up to your computer? is a plain USB cable or is it the 9 pin serial (with an adaptor?) - I got to get this one day...

Adrian, thanks and my pleasure.

Uncle, the standard VDST kit is still 9-pin serial port, but I'm now offering a USB to 9-pin adapter that works as part of the kit. New pricing/options are HERE.

uncle wrote:
How does yours hook up to your computer? is a plain USB cable or is it the 9 pin serial (with an adaptor?) - I got to get this one day...

Hey Uncle

I retired my old HP laptop to garage duty and it had the 9 pin connector:) . I'm using a small "netbook" for everyday use now so I expect to pick up a USB connector later when needed. It really seems to be a no-brainer to set up and use.

YBFAST,

Would you be willing to look at your lambda sensor reading using the VDSTS whilst holding the engine around 3000 RPM, and let me know what readings you are seeing?

You can see a excel plot of my RPM and Lambda readings here...

image-D485_4A496209.jpg

I'm trying to troubleshoot the surging problem, and would like to compare with another Griso.

TIA

Todd, do you know if the VDSTS software would run on Linux?

Maybe they have a version that will.

I might be jumping ship from the 800-lb gorilla.

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack

profwacko wrote:
Jack, unfortunately they do not... not even Mac.

Jack,
It runs perfect on $100 ebay laptops with xp, even go the serial port so you dont have to screw with the usb adapter drivers...

madhatter wrote:
YBFAST,

Would you be willing to look at your lambda sensor reading using the VDSTS whilst holding the engine around 3000 RPM, and let me know what readings you are seeing?

You can see a excel plot of my RPM and Lambda readings here...

image-D485_4A496209.jpg

I'm trying to troubleshoot the surging problem, and would like to compare with another Griso.

TIA

MH,

Out of town without the bike until Saturday. More than happy to compare then.
I've modded my airbox & filter but still have the stock original so I'll check it both ways for comparison

AFAIK, VDSTS is just wintel-centric. If it's anything like the software for the PC III, it likely won't work, at least via USB. Ubuntu with WINE sees USB volumes fine, but not whatever's sent over from my Power Commander (the software runs, it just can't communicate).

Apparently (a quick internet troll tells me), both pieces of software will work under linux by running XP with Parallels/VMWare etc.

Though I just dual boot.

profwacko wrote:

Maybe they have a version that will.

I might be jumping ship from the 800-lb gorilla.

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack

MH

Injured back... no garage work this weekend:(

I'll try to get you a screen shot later this week

Hey YB,

Sorry to hear about the back. Take your time man.

When you say a screen shot, I take it you mean a screen shot of the plotted excel data showing a time series. Is that correct?

Back