• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Version 2.0 Clam Stick, BATCH 3 SHIPPING

Spaceclam

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Alright everyone,

Batch 3 is shipping. This is the last and final batch, and there are currently extras available. So if you want one, put your name in before they all disappear!

These will fit the B11, B12, G11, G12. I also have a model available to fit 1998+ EVs, Bassas, Jackals, and Calis.

They replace the hard to read, plastic dipstick with a precision machined aluminum piece, which is MUCH easier to read, and the stick is PRESSED WITH LOCKTITE AND PINNED for saftey. An actual picture is a little lower in the thread. $35 shipped.

Units are completely finished, and ship day is MONDAY.

Cheers,
-Clam

Attachments

• All-20090728.jpg
    All-20090728.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 227
Re:Better dipstick interest?

Hey SpaceClam..

How is that going to work on a Norge through the hole in the fairing. You won't be able to reach it with your hand or fingers. If you can extent the top so that it would work I would be interested.

Do you have a 2008 or newer Norge with the hole in the fairing?

Also:

You would want the measurement to be made without screwing it in. Only dipped until the top stops against the top of the threads

This will NOT fit a norge.

Also, i am mimicking the depth dimensions of the one on my griso (which happens to be shared between the b11, b12 sport, g11 and g12).

So i know it will work.

Hi Space:

Yes it is the same, but you won't be able to REACH it without taking off the Norge Fairing...

It's not advertised as fitting a norge for that reason.

If there is interest, i'll make one that is reachable through the body work.

-Clam

I would certainly be interested for my 1200 Sport.

Beemer

Beemer,

Glad to have you aboard. If you want one, i need an email to AVF@socal.rr.com, and please include the best way to contact you.

There havent been too many emails, but there seems to be a lot of forum interest, so ill probably split the difference and just make a few.

The ETA on these parts will be a lot sooner than my other stuff, because there will be no PC involved here.

I'm also interested. My email is on its way.

Hey all!

The response to these dipsticks has been phenominal. So, progress report.

I am only making 20 units (one of which belongs to me), and there are three left to be claimed. Tentative ship day is monday.

I dont plan on making any more of these in the future, (although as always, if the demand is there...) so if you want one, i'd jump on it.

Cheers,
-Clam

Andrew, Just FYI... I don't know how you plan on securing the "stick" to the knob, but even the best made to date eventually separate, dropping the stick into the pan from the excessive vibration. Hope this helps your design.

the sticks are going to be pinned, so they cant seperate.

I learned this lesson already with my kickstand:angry:

batch NO. 2 starts monday. any and all requests need to be made by then. I will only make so many extras, and i dont feel like doing a batch 3. so when they are gone, they are gone.

IF you want one, send an email to avf@socal.rr.com

Cheers,
-Clam

Re:Version 2.0 Clam Stick (dipsticks)

I was on the list for batch # 1. Have they shipped? How can I make payment??

Regards, Paul

I remember a conversation, but i dont ever remember you giving me the ok to put you on the list.

Batch #1 is already claimed, however there is ONE left in batch two. IF you want it, send me an email please.

-Andrew

Yes, please put me on the list again. I have just sent you another email.

Initial email was sent to you on 7/13 and you responded saying; "As for the dipstick, your in. Production starts today, i estimate about a week before ship day". You also responded to my Q reguarding the Tail Tidy and mentioned the head guards I had purchased.

Regards, Paul

Im so sorry.

I was getting requests for these suckers faster than i could make them, and it seems that was a casualty.

You are on the list, looks like ship day is going to be this coming wednesday. the V2 sticks look better anyway, and the handle is a little more ergonomic.

These are sold out completely. If you want one still, send me an email and we will see how many people are interested.

-Clam

Back