• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Vib fix for Stelvio mirrors with signals

Pb4uride

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Stelvio mirrors with built in turn signal just vibrate so much they are not very useful. In fact, I found myself dangerously distracted by concentrating too long on the mirror trying to see things I thought might be important. However, I like having turn signals up in the mirrors where they get seen much easier in traffic. After doing the upgrade: changing mirrors and adding euro signals I started experimenting with ways to fix the vibration issue in the Stelvio mirrors with built in turn signal. I even had a fellow Stelvio buddy send me his old hollow stems to have more of them to experiment on.

I tried stuffing lead wire inside.
I tried attaching weight at different areas of the mirror & stem.
I tried filling the stem with heavy glue and silicon.
I tried glues in the joints that loosen up over time.
Total Failure so far. I have not found anything to work - yet.

This is where U come in.
If you have any ideas that might work to fix these mirrors with signals, I know a bunch of riders who would like to have signals in both locations or just fix the mirrors they have.
If you have any new ideas - Post it in a reply and I'll give it a try. (I have 3 more mirrors to destroy)
'Cya

Many of us have been through the same thing and have tried some of your mods.

After many a try, and after installing the Euro signals, I've come to the conclusion that the signal-mirrors are such low-quality junk that nothing is going to make them any use on the road in real-world conditions .... I hope you find differently but I'm not too sanguine about it ... !

Lannis

Sorry. Low quality junk, as Lannis said.
The hollow stems that carry the wires is too flexible, and one issue.
The loose bulb sockets and reflectors inside that can move around a bit is and issue.

Many years ago they made mounts that screwed into the mirror mounts that had rubber isolators in them. I am not sure but probably 10mm thread? I did a quick search for "motorcycle mirror vibration isolators" and these came up first. There are sure to be a lot more and probably in the U.S.

https://www.louis.eu/artikel/mirror-vibration-absorber-2-pieces/10028896

Tried those. Did not work with these mirrors. The mirrors are too light. I found the view was more blurred with them. All it did was change the amplitude of of the vibrating.

The only thing that may work is actual modification the the handlebars themselves to reduce the vibration. I have 5lb of lead in mine along with a set of rox risers. That might be enough for the mirrors to work but they were crap from the start. Even without the vibrations I am sure they still would not last long.

If you want signals up high there are better signal mirrors on the market. They are not cheap but they cost that for a reason. I also installed running/signals in the front of my hand guards. Served the purpose as another location for signals.

Good luck in your quest but that was a problem that has been tackled since 2012. We all just gave up and got the better mirrors.

Tried those. Did not work with these mirrors. The mirrors are too light. I found the view was more blurred with them. All it did was change the amplitude of of the vibrating.

The only thing that may work is actual modification the the handlebars themselves to reduce the vibration. I have 5lb of lead in mine along with a set of rox risers. That might be enough for the mirrors to work but they were crap from the start. Even without the vibrations I am sure they still would not last long.

If you want signals up high there are better signal mirrors on the market. They are not cheap but they cost that for a reason. I also installed running/signals in the front of my hand guards. Served the purpose as another location for signals.

Good luck in your quest but that was a problem that has been tackled since 2012. We all just gave up and got the better mirrors.
Yeah Buddy,
I would like to see your signal adaption to the hand guards. Maybe some of those LED strip lights would work easy!
I hate the idea of junking the stock mirrors with signals - but - I've tried so much to save them and they still suck.
I was reaching out to see if "anyone" had devised a way to fix them. Fixing everything from the inner workings to the exterior mounting body is so much jury rigging that it is probably not worth the effort.
Still a good thing to reach out to other Stelvio wranglers and share ideas.
Thanx

Admore Lighting LED Strips. Running lights and signals. Just routered a slot in the handguard and then covered it with some tail light repair sheets cut to size.

Upload 2016 10 8 18 8 55

Upload 2016 10 8 18 9 28

Back