Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Vibration and noise at 3k rpm

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by TommyGriso, Sep 24, 2018.

1. TommyGriso

TommyGriso Just got it firing!

Hi all,

Recent owner of a 2009 Griso. Having come from a BMW GS Adventure I’m trying to get my head around all things Griso now :).

I have a very noticeable vibration and ‘metal’ noise on the dot of 3k rpm which goes away as quickly as it arrives once past or below that rev range. I have no idea what it could be. The bike has a Termignoni system on so wondering if that’s the source. Anyone experienced a similar symptom?

Many thanks
    Tom

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Very possible the exhaust is the source. Does the vibration occur when not moving and at 3k rpm? If so, have someone hold the throttle at 3K and press on metal components until vibration stops. Also look to see there is clearance on the entire system and nothing is too close to another part. Also check items like the oil cooler etc.

TommyGriso likes this.
  3. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have a different bike but also have a vibration I think it's also at 3000 and only then. Haven't found any thing wrong, my solution run more rpm's

TommyGriso likes this.