• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Victory Motos

Trout

GT Reference
Hey Godfrey!
If you get a chance to ride a Victory jump on it.
Only cruiser I have ever ridden that is totally comfortable & handles more like a sport bike.
They don't have the thrill of a Goose but are a very satisfying ride.

My cousin's husband has one of the Victory bikes. He loves it. But when I saw it, it just put me off as a huge, art deco lumpkin. When I sat on it, the seating position felt no different from any other big cruiser, and awkward to me. I had absolutely zero interest in riding it. just not my kinda thing at all.

Sorry. I've been through this many many times. I've tried mightily to deal with a standard or a cruiser. Never works for me, at all. :(

It was probably the Vision which reminds me of something you would see in the old cartoon the Jetsons.
I don't like it but they do handle amazing well.

Like I said they are the only cruisers/baggers/tour bikes that I have ever liked.

A few here may know I work closely with Vic & Indian. One of the many videos I shot with them below. ~90% of the ride/slide/jump shots are me. They were fun sporting behemoths. Enjoy.

Hey Todd, Hope you don't mind but I copied the vid link & posted it on TheVOG Victory forum with credit to you & GuzziTech.
I've mentioned you over there numerous times.

Cool bikes and a nice marketing vid. Just not for me.

I've never been able to enjoy a motorcycle that big or with that seating position. It's my own limitations getting in the way, I'm sure. Such it is. :D

Well who cares! they (Polaris) already folded up the company leaving dealers and customers hanging. How would you like to own a 2-5 million dollar building with no product to sell.Had they not made all the models so far from the mainstream in the looks dept they could have pulled it off. There was already grumbling about no parts on one of the forums.
When a company is willing to screw over their customers just to jump on another band wagon I say piss on them. Indian will never get any of my support.
At least we all know Guzzi has been going out of business for almost 100 years!

Well who cares! they (Polaris) already folded up the company leaving dealers and customers hanging. How would you like to own a 2-5 million dollar building with no product to sell.
Easy there. It’s just business unfortunately. Indian sales way up, Vic way down. Basic math... and all of the smart Vic dealers are now Indian with record sales.
The only money flow is from Polaris to me, so I can’t complain. I know all of the top brass very well.
Guzzi on the other hand, seemingly works as hard as they can against me, it sure feels like... no matter how hard I try. And my money only goes to them. Maybe it’s time to redirect.

Easy there. It’s just business unfortunately. Indian sales way up, Vic way down. Basic math... and all of the smart Vic dealers are now Indian with record sales.
The only money flow is from Polaris to me, so I can’t complain. I know all of the top brass very well.
Guzzi on the other hand, seemingly works as hard as they can against me, it sure feels like... no matter how hard I try. And my money only goes to them. Maybe it’s time to redirect.

I can understand being tempted to re-direct your efforts. Even dealers might be wise to go away. It seems Piaggio is trying to run dealers out of business with their terrible support to dealers and bike owners. A dealer can only do so much for you if the importer doesn't support them in their efforts to provide good customer support and sales. I'm pretty much not interested in any new bike right now as there is nothing new being made that interests me. I think the 2006 1100 Breva I have is the last new bike for me. I don't see anything out there that is equal or better.

It's always amusing to me how a little thread talking about some other brand of motorcycle can cycle back into a rant about the central focus of a brand enthusiast forum. :)

I am sure that Piaggio and Moto Guzzi want to be successful and are doing what they think are good things for the users and dealers. As usual with many manufacturers, they're not entirely right about what they decide to do, and they're a little blind to their failings, because they're just human beings and not superpowers... Whether to stick with the brand or jump off the cart for another, well, one can find failings in all the brands. Having worked for Honda in the distant past, and having dealt with Ducati then and now too, I'd say they're all a pain in the ass depending on whether they piss me off at any given moment by getting in the way of what I want to get done.

But mostly, I look at the machines, pick what I like to ride, and put up with whatever nonsense I have to to get what I want out of it. :D

I’ll always ride Guzzi, but like John, they don’t offer anything I’d buy new, so I’m building my own (to sell as well.) That said I have spent a tremendous amount of money on Guzzis for both personal and rentals in the last 18 years.

My comment on the redirect would simply be a wise business choice, since I don’t make any significant money selling GuzziTech parts. Not saying I will change, but’s it’s a thought based on their growth and success.

I can’t say I know of even one experienced Guzzi dealer, that is even remotely happy. They do it because they love the brand and bikes.

For years my fantasy was owning a multi bike dealership just so the other brands could support my Guzzi addiction.

Now I don't want a pickle
I just wanna ride my moto........cicle

I've owned four victory motorcycles. Biggest complaint was the lack of, and diversity of aftermarket parts. Some of that stuff was available but either waaay too expensive, or butt-ugly, or both.

On the Boardwalk, had to fabricate a sissy bar/pad and rear rack assembly. Polaris had it in the accessories catalog, but never, ever manufactured it. Aftermarket exhaust/tuner support also sucked. And the list goes on.

Boardwalk, Judge, Vegas, Gunner

A few here may know I work closely with Vic & Indian. One of the many videos I shot with them below. ~90% of the ride/slide/jump shots are me. They were fun sporting behemoths. Enjoy.

Cool video. Was it fun sliding such a heavy bike on the gravel? :) Having grown up on motorcycles off-road I am always surprised with how many road riders I encounter who look like they would freeze-up at even the thought of riding on surfaces without optimum traction.

Aftermarket exhaust/tuner support also sucked.

Had to chuckle when I read this, the thought that went thru my head was:
Guzzi riders have Todd & Vic riders have 4 tuners spread out across the US.
I'm lucky that Kev-X's shop is only 1/2 hour away.

It sure was... most of it was dirt, but some of the shots were gravel and/or covered paving.

The closest I ever came to anything like that was (accidentally) sliding the rear out on my Royal Star Venture. Turning out of a parking lot the street was a slicker than I anticipated. It was over in a second but I think "muscle memory" took over from my dirt biking days and I ended up upright and going straight down the road. Again... fun video.

Back