Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Vintage Motorcycle Shows in the U.S.

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Skivo, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Skivo

Skivo Tuned and Synch'ed

IMG_1820.jpg

Sharing photos of Guzzis from vintange motorcycle shows around the U.S.

2. Skivo

Skivo Tuned and Synch'ed

These photos are from the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle (OVM assn) show in Corvallis, Oregon. This is generally an annual event, though it was skipped due to COVID last year. The event this year featured vintage Italian marques. There were about as many vintage bikes in the parking lot as there was in the show! I was surprised to see so many V50s at the event.

IMG_1821.jpg IMG_1819.jpg IMG_1816.jpg IMG_1817.jpg
    ...and some sweet customs!

3. Raven

Raven High Miler GT Famiglia

Looks like it was a great show.

4. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

What is it with every "custom" being made into a miserable, crippling, unrideable, cafe racer?

How boring and mundane that has become.

Otherwise, thanks for the great photos!

5. Skivo

Skivo Tuned and Synch'ed

I've never been a Honda guy, but something in these builds struck a chord with me. As you know, one can have multiple "mistresses". If this custom was your ~only~ bike it might be some tough going. I've never built a custom, but I think it's as much about the build as the finished product. Not everyone has to be a fan of cafe racers. I respect your opinion.

6. Skivo

Skivo Tuned and Synch'ed

Being Oregon in May/June there were some light showers, but we had a great turnout. I would have ridden there with my son, except for my broken hand...

7. Skivo

Skivo Tuned and Synch'ed

An OVM member shared this link with me today. It features professional footage of these bikes (and others) at the event:

There are some nice close-ups of the vintage silver Guzzi

GTM® likes this.
  8. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The silver Guzzi, one of my all-time favorites, is pretty special per below.
    Unrelated, I was very fortunate to be able to race a documented Dondolino in 2003, shown in my signature.

C06402B2-5C8B-46CB-A1BD-24BBCF5AC74E.jpeg

Moto Guzzi Gambalunga

Gambalunga in Italian means “long leg”, and this was the name given to this absolutely stunning Moto Guzzi single-cylinder racing motorcycle built from 1946 to 1951. The name derives fom the engine’s long stroke. The Gambalunga 500cc was one of the special racing models such as the Dondolino, the Condor and Albatros that were being developed for private riders. As the technological evolution continued these bikes were getting faster and faster. In it’s day the Gambalunga was synonymous with on-track domination, power and speed. More recently Luciano Marabese, the Moto Guzzi V11 Sport’s designer said he based the bike’s streamlined tailpiece on the Gambalunga. Whatever the case, this bike is one Italian masterpiece that is worth a small fortune. Unfortunately you want find many on ebay, although one did just sell for over $100,000 at the Bonhams Sunset Boulevard auction in LA circa 2009.

Skivo likes this.
  9. Skivo

Skivo Tuned and Synch'ed

A very nice machine for sure, and in good shape too. It definitely caught my attention...I'll keep an eye out for one on Craigslist :rofl:

10. SF smith

SF smith Just got it firing!

Your first shot is of my 81 V50 Mk.III I'd just gotten it so no plates. Tis a sweet bike! Here's a link to their web page. oregonvintage.org

11. RodgerMillan

RodgerMillan Just got it firing!

Looks like a babies round up, :*

12. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Nice bikes, thanks for sharing !