• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Voltage regulator

I can't answer your question but Regulator/rectifiers are listed at the Store tab under Electronics.

I can't answer your question but Regulator/rectifiers are listed at the Store tab under Electronics.
Thanks John, but have had this Shindengen at my disposal for some time. I just don't know what to do with the black and white wires from old reg so that battery dashboard lite works and headlights, horn and breaklight work. May have to go with the reg. you mentioned.

Thanks John, but have had this Shindengen at my disposal for some time. I just don't know what to do with the black and white wires from old reg so that battery dashboard lite works and headlights, horn and breaklight work. May have to go with the reg. you mentioned.

So you have a wiring diagram for the Shindengen? I looked that one up and the connectors are not compatible with the Guzzi harness.

So you have a wiring diagram for the Shindengen? I looked that one up and the connectors are not compatible with the Guzzi harness.
How do the white and the black wire from the original reg. operate? Just for knowledge sake, are they hot are ground?

Jack is the expert on those exact regulators. He sells them to the Ducati crowd. His page has a lot of technical info and his telephone number.

roadstercycle.com

The Shindengen Mosfet regulators have been a life saver for thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts. I was introduced to them a few years ago and liked how they performed so much that I started the Mosfet regulator upgrade industry around them. Although the Mosfet is still a shunting type regulator which means (in layman terms) it takes all the extra juice that is not used by your motorcycle electronics and gets rid of it by grounding it to the frame or negative side of the battery. The great thing about the Mosfet R/R is that it has up to date technology. It uses Mosfet style transistors. The old diode types found on most motorcycles today are 60s technology. The up to date technology lets the regulator perform substantially better and run cooler. I have close to 2000 upgrade kits out there running the Mosfet regulators and had literally no issues with them. I started out with the FH012AA, then the FH015AA and now the latest and greatest FH020AA. All have performed above expectations (actually I'm amazed how bullet proof these have been). As far as I am concerned there is no other choice for a stock motorcycle upgrade conversion. The great thing about this regulator is its ability to work with a 2 wire (single phase) or 3 wire (3 phase) stator just by hooking up either 2 or 3 wires to the gray terminal. The Mosfet technology is the best thing going until someone comes up with an affordable series R/R using Mosfet technology. So if you have been wondering about whether to upgrade to a Mosfet or stay with your stock R/R, stop wondering. Whether you purchase it from me or one of my competitors it's the most reliable and best alternative I know of. If you decide to upgrade and you have an charging issue I'll help you out, it does not matter to me where you bought it. Jack

FH020AA_gray_back_ground.JPG

Jack is the expert on those exact regulators. He sells them to the Ducati crowd. His page has a lot of technical info and his telephone number.

roadstercycle.com

The Shindengen Mosfet regulators have been a life saver for thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts. I was introduced to them a few years ago and liked how they performed so much that I started the Mosfet regulator upgrade industry around them. Although the Mosfet is still a shunting type regulator which means (in layman terms) it takes all the extra juice that is not used by your motorcycle electronics and gets rid of it by grounding it to the frame or negative side of the battery. The great thing about the Mosfet R/R is that it has up to date technology. It uses Mosfet style transistors. The old diode types found on most motorcycles today are 60s technology. The up to date technology lets the regulator perform substantially better and run cooler. I have close to 2000 upgrade kits out there running the Mosfet regulators and had literally no issues with them. I started out with the FH012AA, then the FH015AA and now the latest and greatest FH020AA. All have performed above expectations (actually I'm amazed how bullet proof these have been). As far as I am concerned there is no other choice for a stock motorcycle upgrade conversion. The great thing about this regulator is its ability to work with a 2 wire (single phase) or 3 wire (3 phase) stator just by hooking up either 2 or 3 wires to the gray terminal. The Mosfet technology is the best thing going until someone comes up with an affordable series R/R using Mosfet technology. So if you have been wondering about whether to upgrade to a Mosfet or stay with your stock R/R, stop wondering. Whether you purchase it from me or one of my competitors it's the most reliable and best alternative I know of. If you decide to upgrade and you have an charging issue I'll help you out, it does not matter to me where you bought it. Jack

FH020AA_gray_back_ground.JPG
Thanks Scott, I just need to know what to do to make the white and black wire connection from the old reg. perform. Without the black hooked up no horn, brakelite or headlites. The white goes to battery dashlite. Both somehow operate by the key being on. The black wire turns red and black and connects to the switches mentioned above without a fuse in between. White goes straight to charge lamp on dash.

Thanks Scott, I just need to know what to do to make the white and black wire connection from the old reg. perform. Without the black hooked up no horn, brakelite or headlites. The white goes to battery dashlite. Both somehow operate by the key being on. The black wire turns red and black and connects to the switches mentioned above without a fuse in between. White goes straight to charge lamp on dash.

Then ask the guy who knows for sure!

"Also, I'm at the shop pretty much all day now so if you need to call me it's OK. 310.766.5222 Jack"

Oh for pity’s sake.

I am not claiming ANYTHING other than this guy Jack knows real world application of this component. He is an information source who offers his assistance to anybody with a Shindengen unit.

Instead of putting out negative energy hypothesizing what he cannot do, why not embrace the opportunity and contact the guy?

The forums are meant to be a place of information and help. Why not focus on that.

I swear to God, sometimes this place is just maddening anymore.

Something about leading a horse to water ...
It looks awfully similar to the unit used on Yamaha FJR models and probably with the rather high price from them . Peter

It was a bad relay.

Did I miss something here? At no time did you list any particular symptoms or an issue you were trying to solve. You asked:

Is it possible to use a Shindengen FH020AA as a replacement/upgrade on a 2000 V11 Sport.

Why not just say what you mean and mean what you say from the initial get-go? WTH?

:banghead: :swear: :banghead: :swear: :banghead: :swear:

That still doesn't speak plainly and clearly.

Your real problem was that you had electric components not working. This had NOTHING to do with the voltage regulator and had you posted this question, John or I could have answered your question in 10 seconds instead of al of that other useless stuff which was about your regulator, not your real issue.

Just FYI, a voltage regulator maintains the correct flow of generated electricity being transferred into the battery without overcharging it.

Electronic components suddenly not working are well documented here due to cranking the bike over with a low battery. The points in the relay "bounce" a.k.a. "arc", and fuse together, rendering the relay locked in one position and causing those exact problems.

Sorry Dewayne, but if you had been clear about what was really wrong and what you really needed help with, it would have been much easier and effective to help you.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Last edited:
Back