• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Wall of moronic shame...

And then this from good old welder Dave. You’re a real peach. Too bad I’m leaving Florida today, else I’d visit you face to face. You have to have some competency to work on modern bikes, rather then blame me for the latter. The more people do this to me, the more I will call them out here.

Screenshot 2023 09 25 at 34045PM

Any time you wanna meet brah, I'm easy to find! I highly doubt you got the stones... Everything that I posted on Face book was true and accurate. And the majority of the people agreed with me and my post. Your problem is you think your Gods gift to all things Moto Guzzi, your map you sent with the RB EVO was locked (Rapid Bike told me) and is sub par. Word on the street is Rapid Bike DROPPED YOU! You and your minions communications skills via Email suck! Really your a nasty person with thin skin and should not interface with the public. Have blessed day, LMMFAO.

Thanks for showing your true colors here.
And from RB USA…

IMG 6305

And the icing on the cake from ‘ol davethewelder posted on our Google Business page.
@scottmastrocinque (and our minions)- sorry you got sucked on on it too.

IMG 6314

Wow. I have no idea who this guy, David Spin, is at all.

I’m amazed that I am classified as a “henchman”. That’s comical as in case anybody wants to really know, Todd and I have never met in person, ever. I have no position or power or influence at Guzzi Tech whatsoever. I am just another member. I have donated money to the site to help with it because I have benefited from it. I have received no special treatment or dispensation from Todd or anybody else here.

Also if you actually take the time to read some of my posts, anybody can find posts where I have disagreed with Todd on different things over the years but it has never been rude or uncivilized.

Now, as to “berating members for daring to ask a question”, are you serious? I have more replies to other members for their questions, than just about anybody else on the site. I have written many detailed “how to” guides and detailed explanations of various aspects of Moto Guzzi design, operation, and repair.

What I have done is repeatedly pointed out to people that SEARCH is your best friend because there are very few topics that you can bring up that have not already been exhaustively covered before. Nobody wants a forum of the same thing over and over simply because some idiot isn’t willing to invest any personal effort to find and read the answers for themselves, or at least to familiarize themselves with the current answers before posting a different question.

Lastly, it is true, I have very little good things to say about the drive-by-posters who just want to be spoon fed answer after answer. That type of “helpless individual” or “an overblown sense of entitlement” behavior, is just incredibly rude to go to a forum and act like that. I do hate it.

I’ve told people this before and I am never afraid to repeat it again, “If you have a problem with me, click my name and then select ‘Ignore’. You won’t see anything I wrote or have written. Go live your life in peace and leave me be.”

I’m too old, too independent, and frankly, not interested in people’s bullshit. I couldn’t care less about whatever personal vendetta or beef you have with me. Especially somebody who I cannot even identify.

Those whom I have helped, I helped with joy and goodwill in my heart. If you benefited from my actions, I have never asked for accolades, laurels, or compensation of any kind.

All I have asked is that you “please pay it forward” by helping somebody else.

If that’s “showing off my inflated resume” well that’s some incredible “spin” if there ever was any.

This being said, I don’t understand the nastiness lately of people here and on other forums I have been on.

I’ve taken breaks from this place in the past because of it and I’m beginning to think it’s time for me to completely withdrawal from Guzzi Tech and any other online forum I have been a member of. I don’t need the stress or aggravation.

I can repair any motorcycle in the world. I have every tool anybody could ever need. I own 15 personal motorcycles of my own, have my own gigantic workshop on my property, and those whom I call “friend” know 100% that they can count on me because I know that I can count on them.

Yes, you self-absorbed, over-bloated sense of self-importance, crazy sons of bitches (like this asshole David Spin) who do not know me at all, you can go ahead and tear into me with great abandon for no reason at all. Knock yourself out!

I tell you with a clear conscience and a happy heart, “Go Fuck Youself! I couldn’t care less what you think. You mean absolutely nothing to me.”

At the end of the day, my life is beautiful and the people I allow into my life are some of the most incredible people and I am so blessed to have them in my life. They add incredibly to the richness of my life and I am grateful for them.

I have this on the wall at the entry to my home.

“May those who love us, love us. For those who do not love us, may God turn their hearts, but if he cannot turn their hearts, we pray that at least he turns their ankles, that way we will know them by their limping.”

EDIT NOTE:

Is David Spin, “davethewelder”? 😵‍💫

Maybe I missed that connection. If it is, then I am even more dumbfounded because to the best of my knowledge, we’ve never had any negative words. 🧐

Last edited:
It is really unfortunate that people today are unreasonable about most everything. They don't like being held accountable or admitting accountability. I was a software product manager for GE responsible for a multi-million dollar software product. I was held accountable to the customers across the globe. Many different cultures to deal with so at times there was a lot of sensitivity dealing with some customers. But at the end of the day all were reasonable and understanding. If you look at this guys Facebook page he has ZERO friends. Geez I wonder why? Unfortunately some damage maybe done by one dumb ass. I should probably stay out of this mess but I couldn't help myself.

Is David Spin, “davethewelder”? 😵‍💫
Maybe I missed that connection. If it is, then I am even more dumbfounded because to the best of my knowledge, we’ve never had any negative words. 🧐
Yes it is. I have to wonder if he suffers from bi-polar disorder.

But at the end of the day all were reasonable and understanding. If you look at this guys Facebook page he has ZERO friends. Geez I wonder why? Unfortunately some damage maybe done by one dumb ass. I should probably stay out of this mess but I couldn't help myself.
I’d say 98% of our customers are solidly good people. The more popular this site has become, the more it opens things like this up for us, and social media makes it 1000x worse.
After a dozen emails of questions all covered by what he was given, he refused to even try to read anything, instead wanting to be hand held via email. I asked him to download their free software and learn how to pull and send us the map, or mail back the device for us to look at. He refused, in telling me “he shouldn’t have to” and then posted those words on social media, where he hopes to create collateral damage.
I have many good friends around the globe that have my back when they see things like that. So I grabbed it and brought it here where I can respond without time wasting arguments.
I really do try my best to be of help with products I have very little control of functionality. Mapping options (that won't destroy your ECU) is one of them. Rapidbike has made it very difficult for me to protect my intellectual property, that I give away for free with the devices.
Bike state of service and tune on these systems is paramount. He refused to confirm any of those me either, so my fault again. Oh well. Onward.

I will say this about Todd
We had a shaky start when I installed his kit on my 1400 but once Todd realized that it wasn't "User Error" he was absolutely tenacious at getting the mapping all straightened out, in fact going by the time & date stamps on his email responses to me I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't sleep or take a day off. I still think the coolest thing ever ( to this old guy ) was watching Todd remote tuning my bike while I sat in my carport having a Beer and cigar.

Hi gang, cant log in at work and it has been shit lately!
Now for Todd and Scott...
Todd, have not been able with workload to download my map on the V7iii Special, will deal with
it soon and send it to you! As for the V7ii Stornello the map I have is working pretty good, not
as well as I would like but I in no way blame Tood! My thought is I need to get off my dead ass
and do some maintenance on it! Scott is just a butthead but I like him. Blah, Blah ,Blah. As far as
I am concerned, the people who are posting shit are exactly that, SHIT! Welcome to the WOKE world where
no one can work with someone to get satisfaction, instead turning into fuckers at the drop of a hat. Since I have
been on this site I have never been made to feel the fool. Probably because I can think for my self and my own actions
and also because I can take the time to look shit up and read!!! I could go on and on, but to Todd and Scott it is very simple.
FUCK THEM!!! When you buy a brand that has its issues, and you dont want to spend the time learning about them, then
SELL IT and get something else!
Okay, I am done for tonight, Merry Christmas and Happy Easter.........

Back