• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Wannabe Guzzista

Czakky

Just got it firing!
Hey guys, new blood/lurker here also long time wannabe.... After many years of lusting after many different Guzzis in my life (starting in the 90's with the V11s). I think I'm finally ready to join the ranks and I'm pretty much leaning towards a Griso, and from what I gather here the 1100s are the obviously more calm and possibly less finicky as opposed to the 8v's more rambuctious less predictable nature....Is this a fair assessment? Any help would be appreciated and many thanks in advanced for this forum and all of its great info.

Hi Czakky,

I've been perusing and learning here and at wildguzzi (dot com), both great sites with useful tech and pointless babbling. I'd recommend a test ride... see your nearest crack dealer. The first hit is free... I've just gone and done this...

Keep reading all the little corners of both sites, there are some gems...

Regards.

I don't know about the 8V "less predictable nature", in fact they seem pretty bulletproof after they had some initial teething troubles. Both Griso can rock your socks... & obviously the 1100 will be cheaper if that's a concern. Where are you? You will have read there are some very good guzzi dealers around so I'd go to them first if possible & take them for a test run if you can..

If I could trade my 2v for an 8v I would.
There is not much a 2v can do that an 8v can't do better in my opinion and the only reason I can think to go with the 2v is $$$.
The 8v is a better motor.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.. I live in Minneapolis and there aren't too many good dealers around. But I have a line on NOS 2007 2v Griso for $8500!! I dont really think I can go wrong there. Also, what are the maintenance intervals on these?? Thanks guys I'll keep reading.

Czakky said:
Hey guys, new blood/lurker here also long time wannabe.... After many years of lusting after many different Guzzis in my life (starting in the 90's with the V11s). I think I'm finally ready to join the ranks and I'm pretty much leaning towards a Griso, and from what I gather here the 1100s are the obviously more calm and possibly less finicky as opposed to the 8v's more rambuctious less predictable nature....Is this a fair assessment?
First, welcome in advance to the Famiglia! In addition to above... both the 1100 and 1200 are solid bikes. It really comes down to budget. If you really don't have a cap, go for the 8V 1200. That said, the 1100 2V is still a hoot, and is part of the nearly 40+ years of 2V evolution. You won't really go wrong with either once the small niggles and fueling is sorted. Happy to be of help here or direct.

Make sure you get a good long test ride before you lay any money down.

cyclobutch said:
you know what that is what has held me back from buying a Guzzi because here in MN no dealer will let you test ride anything brand new. Also I never hear about any demo days that Guzzi ever does.

A test ride is make or break. No matter what friends / magazines / forums / dealers / owners say it comes down to you, your experience & skillset as a rider and what you want.

Here in the UK it is easy and common place to get a demo on pretty much any of the major manufacturers current offerings, and for good reason: test rides sell bikes.

Both the 11 & the 12 are great road bikes independent of each other. On one hand a direct lineage back to tractors, the other a contemporary translation and modern (-ish!) development under the aegis of a corporate owner.

Exciting times...

There is a library of technical knowledge and some skilled engineers, craftsmen and mechanics here so you'll never be short of advice. Take your time and you'll find the right bike.

Regards.

Czakky said:
cyclobutch said:
you know what that is what has held me back from buying a Guzzi because here in MN no dealer will let you test ride anything brand new. Also I never hear about any demo days that Guzzi ever does.

I see you've been on line recently, but don't see anything about your new Griso.

I agree that a new Guzzi is a substantial investment and that a test ride is a wise thing. If you cannot persuade anyone up that way to do so, consider flying to Atlanta and renting one from Riders Hill. Aside from some of the best motorcycling roads in the country, you will find them a very responsive operation. Heck, take a $2 MARTA ride from the airport to the North Springs station, and the owner will drive the 45 miles from Dahlonega to pick you up and take you back.

Not sure, but think they also apply portion of rental to any new purchase and their prices are VERY competitive. Even if you buy elsewhere, flights between Twin Cities and Atlanta are relatively low, and sure beat the cost of the realization you bought the wrong motorcycle.

I have no affiliation with this dealer, btw ... well, except for spending lots of my own money there! They say they have a Griso SE (Tenni) headed their way. Trying to decide whether to be frugal and avoid the temptation, get the FIAT 500 Prima Edizione I have reserved, or get the Griso. Hmmmmmm. Possibly doors 2 and 3. :whistle:

Seriously, give RH some consideration. For more, go here: http://www.ridershill.com/

Best,

Bill

I thought I posted a reply yesterday, but apparently it didn't post?? Anyway that is a great idea, and that looks to be an awesome shop. After doing some figuring it would be totally prudent to catch a flight down there and see for myself if its a right fit for me. The only things holding me back right now are A: the cold here in MN (if I decide to ride one back) and B: finding the right deal on my modest budget. Thanks for letting me lurk here guys I'm always picking up awesome info from everybody here and also thanks to Bill for checking up on my situation.

Back