• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Want to learn ECU Mapping

Trout

GT Reference
Ok, So I've jumped into the modern era with computer'd bikes and even tho mine is running great right now I want to learn more about mapping. In the past I've been the type who just fooled with stuff & learned along the way by making lot's of mistakes but i don't want to go that route now.

I have the PC-V/AT installed and the software set up on the lap top. I can get the map to display but now I want to know what I'm looking at. I would love to see a map of a "stock" bike so I can compare it to what I'm seeing on my bike. I'd also love to see a modified map of the same bike so I can compare all three.

I should probably spend more time sitting in the shop and playing with this stuff but I just keep going for short (350 mile) Sunday rides.

I have looked at the figures change when bringing the engine up to different RPM's. I'm curious about the TB's because the figures don't stay the same for each TB. I noticed the same thing when I put the Carb-Mate on it. At idle it's a green light but when revving it up the balance changes and favors the left side TB. Normal? Hell I don't know and that's why I want to learn.

Any suggestions of how to teach an old dog new stuff? I've even thought about enrolling in an on line motorcycle mechanic school but I'm open to any suggestions.

Anybody in the Gainesville FL area who knows the stuff & wants to play teacher?
Beer, lunch, travel money is on me or I'll motor your way, no biggie.

Trout,

It isn't uncommon for one TB to start opening more than the other. You do want the open throttle to be as balanced as possible. This is done with the balance screw on the linkage. Keep working on the high speed sync. Keep at it until both TBs are opening really close as it usually takes some time get them like you want. Then you get the idle sync with the bypass screw(s). As for changing maps, that isn't my thing but I'm sure Todd can assist.

Thanks John, appreciate that. I don't want to bother Todd he's busy trying to make a living and I'll become that "bug" asking what seems like "dumb" questions to somebody who knows, I've been in that seat and it can be frustrating.

If I don't connect with somebody around here I'll just do it the same way I've learned everything else. Gran Pa always said: "If you don't touch nothing you'll never screw up. But you won't learn anything either". Man have I messed up some stuff.

Trout said:
Gran Pa always said: "If you don't touch nothing you'll never screw up. But you won't learn anything either". Man have I messed up some stuff.

The most valuable thing my father taught me was to not be afraid to take anything apart. That being said, the first thing he gave me to dissassemble were old wind-up clocks that I had no chance of ever getting correctly re-assembled.

Good luck, Trout!

Trout

Bring down to my house to set up the TB balance there is one screw that you DO NOT WANT TO TOUCH. I also have the VDTS Module for the 15RC ECU to check the TPS value. Did you calibrate the Auto Tune throttle setting to match the TPS of the bike ?

Trout said:
I have the PC-V/AT installed and the software set up on the lap top. I can get the map to display but now I want to know what I'm looking at. I would love to see a map of a "stock" bike so I can compare it to what I'm seeing on my bike. I'd also love to see a modified map of the same bike so I can compare all three.
The table you're looking at on the PC-V, is a correction map in percentage. A stock map on the PC-V would be all zeros (0) = no change. If you're talking about the ECU mapping itself, you'd need costly software to do so, hence why the PC-V is so valuable to you the consumer (basic PC and free software to change the fueling). The AutoTune takes all of the guesswork out of fueling revisions, so you don't have to worry about it.

draidt said:
Trout Bring down to my house to set up the TB balance there is one screw that you DO NOT WANT TO TOUCH. I also have the VDTS Module for the 15RC ECU to check the TPS value. Did you calibrate the Auto Tune throttle setting to match the TPS of the bike ?

Thank you Dan & I will take you up on that offer real soon & to show you (& everybody else) how uninformed I am I have absolutely no idea what you just asked me. I think this is Karma for my younger days when I used to say things like " Oh Yeah, I have a posi traction carb using the Houdini by pass fueling with a close ratio aluminum intake.

Pay Backs are Hell! LOL

Trout said:
draidt said:
Trout Bring down to my house to set up the TB balance there is one screw that you DO NOT WANT TO TOUCH. I also have the VDTS Module for the 15RC ECU to check the TPS value. Did you calibrate the Auto Tune throttle setting to match the TPS of the bike ?

Thank you Dan & I will take you up on that offer real soon & to show you (& everybody else) how uninformed I am I have absolutely no idea what you just asked me. I think this is Karma for my younger days when I used to say things like " Oh Yeah, I have a posi traction carb using the Houdini by pass fueling with a close ratio aluminum intake.

Pay Backs are Hell! LOL

Good take no offense but do not touch anything on the throttle bodies until you know what to touch and what not to.

draidt said:
Trout said:
draidt said:
Good take no offense but do not touch anything on the throttle bodies until you know what to touch and what not to.

None taken at all! My momma raised ugly kids not dumb ones that's why I want somebody to show me this stuff. I used to enjoy wrenching & learning and wouldn't trade my life experiences for anything but I just don't feel like learning thru trial & error anymore.

Funny thing is that I fought owning anything new for a long time. I stood proud over the fact that I rode a 40 year old bike and wrenched on it frequently. Since I've got the new one my desire to bust knuckles has lessened greatly but I still want to know how & why things work.

Life is Good!

Back