Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Warning / Helibars on Norge / Cable Wear

Discussion in 'BNS12 Reference Topics/Recalls' started by bsahdmg, Aug 18, 2011.

1. bsahdmg

bsahdmg Just got it firing!

To all follow Norge riders,
    If you have installed Helibars on your Norge with ABS brakes watch your cables closely. Within about 100 miles of installing them on my 07 I found two cables with the outer covering worn thru. I used plastic wire loom cover to protect them. Safe riding.
    bsahdmg

2. pyoungbl

pyoungbl Cruisin' Guzzisti

I just installed Helibars today. Where did you find yours wearing away...what part of the hose?

Peter Y.

3. Squardy

Squardy Just got it firing!

Gidday
    I just installed them on my Norge this week, great ride 320 kM, fantastic, but what should I be looking for? I didn't notice any abnormal pressure on any cables or lines whatever, they fitted without any problems at all. Of course I am interested please keep us informed.

4. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I've had mine on for a few thousand miles now with no problems. I had a special look today just to confirm this.

5. ncassidy

ncassidy Cruisin' Guzzisti

I installed a set on my 07 Norge. I noticed they dinged my tank on the left and right when the bars were turned to the max. They did not improve the riding position much. Have traded the bike in since on a Ducati Mulltistrada. I find the Ducati to be more comfortable then the Guzzi, a wee bit faster too.

6. radguzzi

radguzzi Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I will venture a guess that the suspect wear had been there when there was more slack with the stock bars and not caused by the install of the Heli-Bars.

I have had the very first set of Heli-Bars for the Norge (actual production prototypes) on mine since 2008 with no side effects.

Thanks for the heads up though...

Best,
    Rob

7. Eli355

Eli355 Just got it firing!

I just installed Helibars on my Norge. Upon disassembly to begin the installation I discovered cable wear on the right side. I black taped it to prevent further abrasion. I suspect the abrasion was there before the author installed the Helibars. I love them they reallly make a comfort difference. I had plenty of slack in the cables to effect the install although I did cut some of the factory tie wraps and re fastened them after the install adjustment.

8. theram

theram Just got it firing!

I tried to order a set for my '11 Norge and was told they don't have them updated for the '11. Anyone know of any available yet?