• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Warning light with service help

groundhog105

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
just got off the freeway and left the traffic signal when the bike started running weird and idle hanging up at 1800rpm. At the same time the red warning light with SERVICE came up onto the dash. Anyone experienced this that can advise me.

I suggest you follow the advice and seek a service.

If you have Guzzidiag or one of TechnoResearch's offerings, you could try resetting the handle self learning, and the throttle self learning.

If you don't have the software, use the maintenance code and see if you have any errors listed. I sounds like the stepper may have stuck open to give the high idle. Many posts on cleaning the little devil. Usually when they are a problem they don't open and bike stalls at lights.

If you don't have the software, use the maintenance code and see if you have any errors listed. I sounds like the stepper may have stuck open to give the high idle. Many posts on cleaning the little devil. Usually when they are a problem they don't open and bike stalls at lights.

I don't have the software. How would I access the maintenance code?

You have to have the software, and an interface cable. Anyway, my 2014 California Custom acted as you describe once this past summer. I believe it got overheated (either the CPU or the engine itself). It was a 105F day, I had been riding for several hours (mostly stop and go), and symptoms as you describe. It just so happened I was needing to stop for fuel anyway, so I did so. And I had a soda to boot (figured it couldn't hurt to let it sit and cool off for a bit). Fifteen-twenty minutes later, everything was all good again. Hasn't done it again since...

Jim

Thanks guys. I have an extended warranty on the bike. I think I will call and see if this is covered. If not I will take it to Todds shop

The problem is a defective clutch switch and is on order. The other problem is the throttle hanging up almost every time I come to a stop. I'm hoping the clutch switch will fix that also since it is a symptom of the faulty switch.

The problem is a defective clutch switch and is on order. The other problem is the throttle hanging up almost every time I come to a stop. I'm hoping the clutch switch will fix that also since it is a symptom of the faulty switch.

I had the idea of a defective clutch switch causing the high idle and was "pooh-poohed" last year when I damaged my clutch switch and suddenly had a high idle situation at stops in gear. I still believe that the experts here need consider the possibility that the micro-switch on the clutch is providing more information than simply "clutch lever out, clutch lever in".

My prediction is that when you replace your faulty clutch switch your high idle complaints will go away.

still believe that the experts here need consider the possibility that the micro-switch on the clutch is providing more information than simply "clutch lever out, clutch lever in".
We learn every day. So noted.

Hi All. I just picked up my 1400 this afternoon after the clutch switch replacement. The hanging up at high idle seemed to be solved judging from my ride home. The rpm's are still slow to respond in dropping when the throttle is closed but maybe this is just how ride by wire throttles are. It is my first and I'm not too impressed if that's the case. I would rather have traditional cables and throttle body or carbs. Anyway there is a substantial improvement.

I hope your repair is it!
I have encountered the "hanging throttle". My warranty runs out in June.

This is what I have noticed in the service manual, sorry for the rotation:

Photo 45 Photo 44

maybe an administrator can fix the rotation for me, please.

Back