• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Warning

Lupo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
After less then 25 miles of use a new SuperTrapp silencer purchased from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse fell apart. I called MAW and was told to speed things along it's best to deal directly with the manufacturer SuperTrapp, who said they (SuperTrapp) would arrange a pick up through UPS. After not hearing anything for a week I called back again and was informed nothing had been done yet. To speed things along because the motorcycle is inoperable without a muffler I agreed to send in the entire unit. After checking the postal delivery confirmation I realized SuperTrapp had received the package several days prior yet not called. I called and was told I should have gone through MAW and not SuperTrapp but could get replacement parts but they don't have any and are waiting to hear from their supplier which would be 2-3 weeks. Displeased with the delay I asked if a lessor priced unit could be sent and was told yes. After a week and a half and not hearing from SuperTrapp or UPS, I decided to call and inquire. Nothing had been done and already 2 months of time and $187 with return shipping and no product in my possession. I have called MAW to try and resolve this dispute and feel they are ultimately responsible since I bought the product from them. With regard to purchasing anything ever again from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse or SuperTrapp, I strongly will advise others to look elsewhere.

I can relate.
I hate it when you buy something from a store and when you have an issue with it shortly thereafter they tell you to contact the manufacturer. But since you did not buy it from the manufacturer, you bought it from them, I feel that they are blowing you off and since you have no weight with the manufacturer they are likely to blow you off as well.
Sorry to hear this.
I will keep it in mind.

How did the muffler fail?

Hi,

It's the easy way out, the way how MAW reacts,
They let YOU do all the work and get all the stress about things that don't go as it should.
It's quite smart from them to let YOU put all your energy in warranty isseus, wich MAW have to handle.
Let MAW know that you are going to put your energie in writing to every motorbike forum about their behaviour.
Let MAW know that this is your way to try to get them out of business as soon as possible.
And let Supertrapp know they are going to participate in these negative topics.
Supertrapp has to react smarter as MAW, maybe stop deliver parts to MAW...

Hope you get your good parts soon.
Ad B

I fail to see why anyone seems to be assigning the lions share-or even any substantial part of the blame to MAW here. The problem is faulty manufacture and/or design. Supertrapp did the design/manufacture, not MAW. Supertrapp holds the warranty, not MAW. Supertrapp is responsible for having parts stock to provide replacement/repair, not MAW. Supertrapp is the party that needs to be punished here far more than MAW. Supertrapp basically accepted responsibility by instructing Larry to send in the defective product, then after they failed to deliver on their promise to make it good attempted to deflect blame by pointing the finger at someone else for their bad product. Supertrapp made a piece of crap, and then failed to honor the warranty on their piece of crap. Unless MAW has had a number of returns-enough to know that they should stop selling the product-then why should they be taking all the heat? Might be different if it arrived on your door step in pieces, instead of falling apart after some usage, no matter how minimal. I used to (some time ago) use MAW for tire purchases, never had a problem. Have no recent experience with them, or any with Supertrapp.

Hi,
like what Guzzimoto and I mean.
You buy at your retailer, not the manufacturer.
The warranty isseus has to be handeld by your retailer.
It's wrong that the Supertrapp makes faulty stuff, but MAW has to react as a retailer who cares for their costumers.
When you buy a new Guzzi and need to repair something during your warranty years, you deal with your Guzzi dealer.
You don't go to Mandello... :whistle:
I certainly dont want to go to Japan now when something is going wrong with my (quite) expensive Canon fotocamera...

Ad B

guzzibob said:
Unless MAW has had a number of returns-enough to know that they should stop selling the product-then why should they be taking all the heat?
How would they know if there was a problem with SuperTrapp if they make the customer deal directly with SuperTrapp for any issues. They don't get involved, they do not know if SuperTrapp corrected the issue properly or not. So how would they know to stop selling the product?
And as mentioned, I doubt you call Mandello if/when you have a problem with your Guzzi. I don't. I took mine to the dealer that sold me the bike and let him sort it out. That's not my job, it's his. Dealing with warranty claims is part of what a dealer is supposed to do.
Finally, I used to own a SuperTrapp system for a Buell. It had serious issues and required me to redesign and modify parts of it when it broke. To be fair, the stock system had issues too. But I do recall SuperTrapp always had a bad reputation in the 80's and 90's (SuperCrapp).

Hi,
GuzziMoto said:
Finally, I used to own a SuperTrapp system for a Buell. It had serious issues and required me to redesign and modify parts of it when it broke. To be fair, the stock system had issues too. But I do recall SuperTrapp always had a bad reputation in the 80's and 90's (SuperCrapp).
I also have a Supertrapp exhaust system (2 in 2) on my Harley, allready for 19 years.
After the first year I have it rechromed, the quality of the chrome was bad.
In those years, the beginning of my Harley lifestyle, the Supertrapp exhaust was seen as one of the best.
The Supertrapp has a very nice sound and is not bad for the power.
With camshaft, carb, ignition and the Supertrapp my evo engine had 70 Hp at the wheel.

Ad B

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 928
I had the 2 into one on my 2003 883 Sportster and never had a problem with them. They were Stainless and became a beautiful golden color :D

DSCN0984.jpg

I only buy from online sellers with clear, simple return policies.. because if I buy a faulty product from a retailer, it's the retailer's responsibility to take the product back and return it to the manufacturer (within a reasonable amount of time). If it's been quite some time, but the item is still under warranty, then I would expect to have to deal with the manufacturer. Any retailer worth dealing with will take care of things within at LEAST the first 30 days.. several that I use will take care of things for 60 days or more. it makes no difference that supertrap made the faulty part, I would expect MAW to take care of THEIR customers, and therefore I won't be using motorcycle accessory warehouse. Thanks for the heads up.

Ad B said:
Hi,
When you buy a new Guzzi and need to repair something during your warranty years, you deal with your Guzzi dealer.
You don't go to Mandello... :whistle:
I certainly dont want to go to Japan now when something is going wrong with my (quite) expensive Canon fotocamera...

Ad B

This is so apples & aardvarks, especially since we are dealing with an on line retailer. Very hard to send a Guzzi back to Mandello, very easy to send a Supertrapp back to the manufacturer-and just as importantly, just as easy to send it back to Supertrap as to the retailer. If your Guzzi is to be repaired, much easier & quicker for the dealer to fix it than to send it back to Italy. If the muffler is to be repaired or considered for warranty, the retailer is going to just send it back to Supertrapp anyway for replacement or repair, unless they want to good will it. If you want that kind of service, easier to get it from a brick & mortar outfit in your area than a mail order one. As for your Canon, you will likely wind up sending it to a Canon owned or authorized repair location in the US-as I just did for my daughter's Dell laptop. There may or may not be a retailer (in the case of the Dell. I think they always go back to the manufacturer's facility for repair-albeit here, not in China) able or authorized to deal with it.

After posting the "warning" on several forums and sending a copy to MAW I received a call from MAW (hours later) and they returned all my money. SORRY BOB! :D

Back