• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Warranty and dealer installed OEM options

WynnD

Tuned and Synch'ed
Should the bolts that hold the OEM optional center stand be covered by the warranty or is losing them my own fault for not going over it with a torq wrench that I don't currently own? And considering that the owner's manual wants me to take the bike to a dealer if the oil level is low, shouldn't it be?

Would like your thoughts.

Dealer installed before delivery. They were talking about 90 days, but it's a brand new bike in August last year. The parts man did send me the installation instructions so I know what to do when my parts arrive. 25 nm torque and Locktite. It's not enough money to get bent out of shape on. Just wondering where you others stand on this.

If your dealer can't effectively install a centre stand you have to ask how much faith do you have in him doing actual servicing of your bike?

I would say it's quite obvious that the dealer did not use Loctite. See if you can see any residue in the mounting holes.
.. and if not the the replacement parts should be gratis even though the 90 days has elapsed as a good will statement on the dealers part, IMHO. An apology would be nice.

Oh, and I wouldn't be using that dealer a whole lot if they can't install and tighten a center stand. If you have no choice of dealer (as is likely of course), invest in a torque wrench and then checking torques for critical fasteners in their parking lot before you ride out wouldn't be absurd. It's your butt on the seat.

Good luck!

T2

The bolt threads into the engine casing. I'm not sure the dealer was wrong, because I've used that stand and until about two weeks ago, it felt very steady. I should be checking bolts to see if they're loose anyway and I haven't done that. I do need to spend some time making sure things are right on the bike, at least once a month an hour would be time well spent.

There are three Moto Guzzi dealers in Colorado. The Denver one where I bought the bike, about 15 miles from my home, the Colorado Springs dealer about 90 miles away and the Fort Collins dealer who is about 120 miles away. None are unreachable, but convenience is clearly part of it. When I hit the 15,000 mile service I plan to check the valve clearances before I take the bike in. I don't want to personally change the clearances, but checking them should be well within my current skill set. I don't like the thought of pulling a cam to change a shim.

I plan to check the valve clearances before I take the bike in. I don't want to personally change the clearances, but checking them should be well within my current skill set.
Good plan.

I don't like the thought of pulling a cam to change a shim.
Me neither, especially while it is under warranty.

BTW - my center stand was fitted by the dealer in August last year, nearly 6,000 miles later the fasteners are secure, and I hadn't checked them before tonight, which tells you something about the Denver tech that did your install. Humans make mistakes, I make my share when working on moto's, but not on Loctite and torques AFAIK!

Not that everything from my dealer, who has also worked on my Triumph, has been perfect...but no bolts have fallen off for sure.

Good luck x2

T2.

I would like to point out that there are four bolts that have to be removed to install the stand and three of them need to use locktite and only one fell out and the others I just checked are OK. Wonder how to clean the engine case bolt hole before installing the new bolt? Any suggestions?

I installed my own centre stand, went on very easy, the V100 had spacers which had to be removed to insert the stand. A couple of the bolts go through the foot peg bracket. I put loctite on the threads and its been good for 4000Kms. After a new install check it a few times but then you should be good to go for ages.

Dealer installed before delivery. They were talking about 90 days, but it's a brand new bike in August last year. The parts man did send me the installation instructions so I know what to do when my parts arrive. 25 nm torque and Locktite. It's not enough money to get bent out of shape on. Just wondering where you others stand on this.
I believe it should be covered under warranty.

This is one of those times to call the Moto Guzzi / Piaggio Customer Care Line.

I was always under the impression that factory options installed by an authorized dealer at the time of retail sale, are covered fully by the vehicles warranty for the stipulated duration of that warranty. I have this opinion because this is how BMW always did it.

A simple phone call could get you reimbursement and peace of mind knowing what the factory policy is on this type of issue.

Good luck!

👌🙏👍

Back