Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Weaver Tire Changer Wheel Clamping Issue - Solved

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by kirkkw, Jun 27, 2020.

1. kirkkw

kirkkw Just got it firing!

I had an issue with the operation of the clamping mechanism which I resolved. Its explained in a Youtube video on my channel.

I have no idea how many of their tire changers were impacted by this issue. It can be solved in less than 30 minutes.

Please report whether you have/had the same issue.

2. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Hello. I have a Weaver Tire Changer as well. Model W-M807X Assist Arm Combo

W_M807_Assist_Arm_Combo__11826.1346271772.jpg

My wheel jaws work like you described yours originally. All in or all out.

I'm curious as to what you meant "you bent" number 7. That is rather vague and I really do not understand what you did.

Can you offer clarification or/and photos?

Thanks!

Scott

3. kirkkw

Part #7 is a spring but it is flat and wide. Its about 1/2" or 3/4" wide and thin. It is about the size of the strapping used to suspend the motor assembly on a garage door opener.

At 3:09 on the video I explained the shape I bent my to look like. It is soft and bends very easily with your fingers.

It you take your covers off the tire changer and press the clomping pedal you will see that the spring is contacting the cam arm. Your machine is not working correctly because part #7 is not staying in contact with the cam arm. I believe the spring (part #7) should remain in contact with the cam arm at all times.

I took both the side and front covers off so that I could see the spring work when I pressed the pedal. You'll need to lay down on the floor to get a good view.

Just remove the spring and bend it to look like the parts diagram at 3:46 using your fingers and then reinstall it. Its held by one screw.

Let me know if this works as I have an 894 but presume all the internal for your machine are the same.

4. kirkkw

Scott, did you get your machine sorted out?

5. scottmastrocinque

Hi. I never did open my machine.

I am very hesitant to mess with it right now as I am able to control the foot pedal and I use my machine for work every day.

During the winter season I will investigate it further.

6. kirkkw

It is max a 20 minute job. The hardest thing is taking off the exterior covers. Once the covers are off, you will see the black plastic cam and part 7(the spring clip which is about 1/2 wide and 4" long). Part 7 is held in place by a single screw. Pull it out and bend it to the shape in the parts diagram in the back of the owner's manual. Nothing inside is removed or touched other than part 7. It bends very easily with your fingers.

The machine is much easier to use once its working as it is designed - especially on tires with stiff sidewalls.

I'd do it for you but I'm in Texas.

7. scottmastrocinque

Sounds simple enough. Thanks.

I'll probably give it a go tomorrow when my shop is closed.

I'll let you know how it goes.