• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

Changed all the oils on the 1100c sport I bought in August.
Happy to say there were no surprises it's in good nick for an 18 yo bike.
Swarf from the gear box was a little more than I would like to see but where it was not easy to change the oil (had to drop the exhaust a bit to access the drain plug) whoever did it prevoiusly hadn't bothered so I don't know how long it had been in there.
The other oil that had just been ignored was the right hand fork where the bit that comes through the fork cap had been mashed up.
Getting cold here buy still dry, met up with the Essex MGOC last Sunday for the first time, some interesting people there and John let me sit on his new Cali. Lovely.
Should get a couple more rides in before it ices over.

Finally did the starter relay power up mod. Found sparky who made new power leads had twisted 2 wires together and crimped a small terminal. It fell off in my hand. It was the 2 wires going to the 2 main 30A fuses.
Spliced and soldered and new terminal soldered. The whole shebang fires up nicely now. Battery is charging better too.

Had tried to remove the pesky spanner off my dash previously, didn't work. Now I had big red letters SERVICE! showing. Yes the work has been done religiously. Searched here for the code and entered it again, this time I followed through with the complete process, "Reset" & "Yes".

This proves you can teach an old dog new tricks, just takes a coupla years.

Oh yeah, custom alloy number plate bracket broke a year ago cutting the wires. Bracket was repaired then, finally fixed the wires so I rode it last night, coz I could.

Rode the V7R 250 miles on Wednesday with the MEBC. Been raining since then!
Bare

Did a ride in the low 40's on my 2013 Griso here in CT.......not ready to give up for the winter!

I put in the full Todd package on full management...love the bike so much I gotta keep riding with frozen fingers!

Congrats on the bike.
And I can relate to you... cold weather never stopped me from riding that big twin. :D :D

Same as every day; I rode my Griso 8V to work today.

It was 20 degrees F. My Gerbing liners and gloves did their job the entire 65 miles.
Currently still at work and will be leaving shortly. It will be a balmy 30 degrees F. :)

At 60,000 miles and just a couple weeks shy of two years old; Griso is still running strong.

As usual I rode to work and back 80km round trip :D
As soon as I had doffed my riding gear I sat her up on a makeshift stand (couple of outdoor bench seats and a broom handle through the guts) and put a trolley jack under the sump to take the weight of the front end.
Once that was taken care of, out came the hex keys (allen keys), loosened off the fork clamps & trees, reefed the forks up to 6 rings showing and buttoned it all up tight again. Yet to try the new set up - it's Friday arvo and Bundy Bear is calling :p

Oh, and the missus bought me an early birthday pressie - AGV Grid helmet (gloss black) - lurve ya. :woohoo:

A while ago I made a tail tidy to eliminate the fugly rear fender and guess what?
It sat on the shelf looking all jet black & mysterious for about 6 months (can't rush these things) until today, that is!!!
Mwahaha. I re-used the original indicators which now attach to their own individual brackets and also retained the plate light which I fitted to a bracket I made from some scrap mild steel sheet I had lying around. The same bracket mounts the rego plate and pretty round red reflector below.
Easy project and instal only took an hour or so - it is Boxing Day after all ;)
I reckon it's an improvement on the hideous plastic fender affair anyhow...

Attachments

• P1016072.JPG
    P1016072.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 493
Not actually "to" my Moto Guzzi, rather "for".
Anyway, semantics aside, I made a manometer for balancing the throttle bodies.
All that was required - a couple of bottles of cider (sacrificed by self ;) ), some aquarium tube, silicone glue, an offcut of timber and a couple of cable ties to hold it all together.
Voila.

Attachments

• P1016073.JPG
    P1016073.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 844
I removed the pack rack , and , tidied up the front brake master cylinder. Every day I do something , in 100 days I'll have done a 100 things to the bike . Cant wait .
Oh yeah , and yesterday I slid the clip ons up to the underside of the top yoke , they were down about 20mm but the clutch and the brake line were crunching into the instruments , I did'nt like that happening . Now she's all pretty much clear of damaging anything.
LM V
Supaflee

And since then , I've lowered the brake lever 10mm, and the gearshift lever 12mm . Scrubbed the timing chest and got the crap off it . Reset each of the carbs so she idles at 1050 and adjusted the idle mixture screws as well , at that rev setting to the optimum smoothness. ( which really isnt , "smooth" , but is definately "best" sounding ).
Then went for a couple of hundred k's ride . Very enjoyable.
Supaflee

Hi,
I was planning to work a bit at my G12 during this winter.
But... it isn't winter yet in our region. Temperatures still around 8° á 10° C. :huh:
Still, I want to do the job, so I started this week.
I want to check if the bearings of the suspension system and swingarm are greasy enough.
And I want to change its exhaust sytem.
I don't like the looks of the asymetric headers, I think that a bike like Guzzi of BMW must have one headerpipe at each side. :ugeek:
So I bought a used headerset from a Stelvio.
I also have to relocate the oil cooler, I don't like that lump at the right side.

Here I am... so far...
11993896546_1e09cfc08a_c.jpg

11993090875_099773d245_c.jpg

11993090175_2216689270_c.jpg

Here you see the stelvio parts. I attached the left sideplate too to see what I have to change to make my exhaust fit.
I can choose between a Mistral High Rise or a Termignoni pipe :whistle:
11993377823_b4833c679c_c.jpg

The bearings were grease enough and are in a good condition.
When I have to weld at the frame for this exhaust, I can do that much easyer with the swing arm out of the frame.
In the cloth on the first three pictures, just behind the air filter, I wrapped my alarm system in insolating plastic, cloth and duck tape.
The alarm is screaming for 2,5 hours now, since I disconected the battery. :mrgreen:
In my cloth set up it isn't that loud anymore...
I also want to disconnect my ECU before welding, to be 300% sure...

Ad B

Installed the Antigravity battery in my lovely Wife's Norge and put it on charge with the new Optimate charger.

Original Battery was 13 pounds 7 ounces

The new Antigravity is 3 pounds 10 ounces

Unbelievably light!

Stage 1 of the 2 stage diet complete. Stage 2 - New exhaust, ECU re-flash and PCV with dual channel auto tune (This is on hold due to the CAD/USD conversion right now)

Ad B said:
Hi,
I was planning to work a bit at my G12 during this winter.
But... it isn't winter yet in our region. Temperatures still around 8° á 10° C. :huh:
Still, I want to do the job, so I started this week.
I want to check if the bearings of the suspension system and swingarm are greasy enough.
And I want to change its exhaust sytem.
I don't like the looks of the asymetric headers, I think that a bike like Guzzi of BMW must have one headerpipe at each side. :ugeek:
So I bought a used headerset from a Stelvio.
I also have to relocate the oil cooler, I don't like that lump at the right side.

Ad B

Interesting project. Be sure to keep the updates and photos coming.

Seeing as we had the first dry day of the year today I thought I'd take the Cali EV out for a ride-except I couldn't get the bloody filler cap off to see how much fuel I had :eek: I did get it unlocked eventually but then spent all afternoon taking it apart and tweaking it to get it working properly-by the time it was done it was too cold and dark to be worth riding :(

Back