• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

CB966CDB-37F1-47D5-8A2F-69540D39AE91-3075-000004500E61FE4E_zps29995ca7.jpg

Opened it up and got up over 100mph earlier tonight finally. Woohooooooooooooo!

I mean I, uh, drove it sensibly and well within all posted speed advisories, officer... :whistle:

Got my v7 on the ramp and re-torqued the heads after 1000km since installation. It was a fun job to do getting my hands oily again. Adjusted the valves and filled her up again with fresh oil and adjusted the front drumbrakes. Next up is the griso for a hugger and bearing check while i,m there.

Installed Agostinis on my V7R and went for a test ride in the sun.

Unfortunately my evap canister fell off during the procedure and was declared missing.

Scrapped out the idea (and hours work of work :( ) trying to cobble universal brackets together for a pair of saddlebags my cousin gave me.

Oh well.

Will have to save the 25,000 pennies for the Hepco-Becker saddlebag bag brackets for leather saddlebags if I really want them on.

Chris

Installed new front Brembo caliper on my 2013 V7R, hooked up a Dobeck Performance EFI controller, then went for a ride in the sunshine in Seattle.

Life is good.

Made up new fuel lines, installed new taps in the tank, ordered some filters and other small bits.

After work, I'll install the airbox, drain the remaining fluids, and pull the oil pan.

Tom

Yesterday I lowered the thermister in the tank. There's a thread in the V7C-S section about it. While I had the tank off, I replaced the spark plug wires. I got tired of my plug connectors. They started out red when the bike was new. Then they faded to pink. And finally, they were some nasty-looking orange color. I put some "NGK Racing" wires on there. I don't think there was much, if any, performance benefits, but they look much, much better. They also have an extra sleeve over the wires where they wrap around the heads.

Today, I rode the bike. Unfortunately, it was all slab time, but I did work on my lane splitting skills (not intentional - traffic sucked).

Not so much today, but over the past week I have installed new tires, brake pads, HH all around, and changed the rear drive to a 7/33. Next to do are fluid changes, brake bleeding and removal of evap canisters.

Today I went to my garage and removed the front fender, wheel and headlight. I would like to put new front forks. Is it impossible to put anther manufacturers front end on or would like a miracle if any matched. If not are there any aftermarket that are beefed up.
Ralph
It's a 69 v750 ambassador.

Not so much today, but over the last few days.
1 greased the head set bearings
2 dropped fork tube by ¾ inch
3 Changed Oil and Filter.
4 New shocks.
5 "H" pipe this week when it gets here. :mrgreen:
6 Removed the carbon canisters and re routed/removed the hose's.

lti_57 said:
4 New shocks.

#2 and #4 are going to make a huge difference in the way that bike handles. Be careful first time out.

Cleaned and polished every bit of chrome.

Installed some mirror extenders.

Mow just need to convince my Bride I need the Hepco-Becker dring lights and Guzzitech mufflers..................... For "Safety Sake".........

Added a Pyramid hugger and fenda extenda to the Griso yesterday, then took a couple of hours to rag it around on a sunny spring afternoon -- just to make sure nothing fell off. ;)

The directions left a lot to be desired, but it wasn't too hard to figure out. Took a few back-and-forth loosening and fiddling sessions to get the hugger centered, and drilling holes in the fender to mount the extender made me a little nervous (used painter's tape to avoid scratching.)

Like the look, and it should make the bike easier to clean after riding in the rain.

pokeyjoe said:
lti_57 said:
4 New shocks.

#2 and #4 are going to make a huge difference in the way that bike handles. Be careful first time out.

yes true on #2 for sure done this on every cali style bike I have owned.
One of the first mods i do to them. Brings the bike more in line with its sporty nature
thanks for the word of coution though.

I installed the Tekno bag mounts on my Cafe Sport and checked it's oil level -- all in prep for the Visalia NAR this weekend :woohoo:

Spring has finally come here now , saw my first swallow of the year yesterday and the frogs in the pond have spawned the same day.Went for a 60 mile ride today on dry roads , showing 13 degrees on the Griso clock, bliss .

Back