• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

what do y'all think? yay or nay?

I think nice for it's intended market. Does not get nearly the lust reaction a Griso gets from me. I am thinking smaller for my next bike. I think I would have to buy one if Guzzi made a 750 or 800 Griso size smaller than current. An exact copy but 3/4 scale though I still want fuel capacity.

I want it all and I want a place to keep it! :clap:

Needs more cowbell.

post-8232-Need-more-cowbell-gifs-uZt3.gif

A small few of you may know I do a big handful of work for Polaris/Indian (including getting to pilot the Spirit of Munro for the video), and I was part of the unveil for the Scout in Sturgis last weekend. It's a compact (tiny feeling) bike for it's weight, and the motor is pretty fantastic. I think it's a great direction for them, and at $10,999 I think they'll sell a ton of them. As for customization, the avenues are endless. The pic below is how they unveiled it... quite a fun evening kicked off by Mark Wahlburg and Mike Wolfe of American Pickers. The Wall of Death guys ran this bike alongside of their original (and best they say) '28 Scout on the wall, check out their info >HERE< -- all orchestrated by my über-talented moto friend Robert Pandya of SpokesPeople, LLC.

INDScout WoD

Last edited:
That's what I've been reading Todd, that although some, or many, may not like the looks (even though many think it looks great), the thing rides amazingly. I, for one, am very interested in middleweight cruiser types (sneeze Bellagio!), something that is big enough to take to the open road and be fairly comfortable on a long trip, but still compact enough to be able to flick it around in the city and the curves. Especially because I'm fairly young, 29, and a fairly lean, lightweight, taller guy. I don't really want a huge, heavy tourer at this point in my life. I'll definitely be test riding one of these when it comes out.

And yes, the various ways to customize this thing are very appealing. It's the perfect style bike for it's intended market and for those who don't want a Harley.

my question is actually is how they are going to support it, Victory has a really bad habit of not being able to supply parts for their bikes (the second production stops), and making awful design decisions regarding things like (uh tire sizes and choice)..when as a company you do a spec tire (for example) I think you should do your customers the favor of continuing to supply them when it is an oddball size and type used by no one else. sorry for the rant but I just went through this trying to help a friend with a vegas

Waiting for the Sport Scout. You know, foot pegs under yer butt, seat height in the low 30s, a low handlebar, and a decent fully-adjustable suspension. It certainly wouldn't break tradition...

I like the Scout and the company. I own a Chieftain and the quality control was flawless. The new Indians are uniquely designed all new from the ground up using all new tech, not borrowing from any past sins or successes. Mine is a big heavy hog that handles like a skinny chick all horned out. The real question is why not get one? IMG 0743

"quality control was flawless" words never before heard on a Guzzi forum. Of course it's referring to a different brand of bike. But maybe that's why I love my Cali. It has "Personality".

I am not in the demographic they are going for with this bike, so I doubt they care what I think. It may be great for what it is, but based on what it is I have no use for one.
I made the mistake of buying a cruiser style motorcycle, and I can't get over how uncomfortable it is.
Never again.

I made the mistake of buying a cruiser style motorcycle, and I can't get over how uncomfortable it is.
Never again.
I bought the California as a cruiser style. I would not say uncomfortable but not my style. Back on a Norge. The "Quality control is flawless" does not apply. :wasntme: When I get it all set up it should be fine.

Took a Scout out for a test spin; a "sporsterish" feel. The bike was OK but compared to a Sporster there where a lot of plastic shortcuts that reminded me of rice HD copies.

Mmmmmmmm so many varied & interesting outlooks.
Agree a bit with Francod123 & mohawkeye
Mine.......will try recent Centauro purchase - although already raised the pegs & pulled the bars down after a once round the block!
Nice retro look - where are the front brakes?

Not sure what it is but nothing on that particular bike really strikes me as attractive. Can't say it's bad but just does nothing for me. Long time Soft-tail owner in addition to the Norge so I'm familiar with cruiser type V-twins. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Indian missed whatever mark they were aiming at.

Back