• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

what do y'all think? yay or nay?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Indian missed whatever mark they were aiming at.
Crazy thing is, they nailed it. They are flying off the showroom floors. Not my thing either, but it's proving to be a winner for fhem.
In more (so) exciting news for them is this; http://www.cycleworld.com/indian-mo...track-race-engine-exclusive-technical-preview
- a peek behind the curtain on the deepest level of Polaris R&D.
Since I got to spend the first third of my life sideways on dirt tracks, and being in the early talks with Head Designer Greg Brew about this (and seeing preliminary designs), I am excited for the first time, in a very long time. I was going to build my own using a Scout motor, but then learned of this. They have even bigger news to come.
Sad to think I know more about Polaris than I know about Guzzi after dedicating 15+ years to the brand, but for the last decade, Piaggio N.A. hasn't been so nice to me for reasons I guess I'll never know. Well, outside of ignorance I guess. End vent.

The Scout is the best bike Polaris has built. Not really my style or taste ( hate forward controls) but it is a great bike. Roland uses them as his stable of flat track bikes for his Hooligan Racing team. And he just created a true custom paying homage to the days of old with his newest flat tracker
rsd-scout_19.jpg

rsd-scout_20.jpg.ashx

and his Hooligan bikes

rsd-scout-sixty_2.jpg

Enter the Victory Octane. It's a Scout with slightly better suspension & bit better engine.
Test rode one & just because it is a very fast cruiser they are selling well.

It is fast & it pulls all the way up to redline, I was surprised how well it handled on a back country very bumpy road.
Not smooth or comfortable but did hug the bumpy corners very well.
The brakes are very close to Euro style in feel with a lot more emphasis on the front than on any other Vic model I have ridden.
The Gunner brakes were horrible & one of the reasons I only kept it for about 3 months.
It feels like it weighs about 300 lbs.

Now if they were to take that engine & put it into a sporting type frame with better cornering clearance I would seriously consider one.
Take that sportier frame & change gearing & mapping for a sport/adventure/touring bike & they would really have my attention.

Victory is using Rolands Octane in Pikes Peak this year.

hero.jpg

This is the version of the Octane I was hoping for. Not the cruiser :(

Victory is using Rolands Octane in Pikes Peak this year.

hero.jpg

This is the version of the Octane I was hoping for. Not the cruiser :(

Yeah me too & a lot of others also. The Vic forum was pretty well eaten up with disappointed folks.
I really like Victory bikes, they are well designed & pretty tuff & easy maintenance.
If they had even come close I probably would have bought one.

I just took my California out for a few hours today after letting it sit in the shed for a couple of weeks... I know I should been on it more but due to bad weather and work obligations I didn't have much choice. Although I have to say, It ran flawlessly and riding it was more soothing than a xanax...

As for the quality control on my California, well it certainly was not flawless, although if I didn't point out what they messed up on no one would notice.

For instance, I think the California should come with a sump pump for the saddlebags, on my cross country trip when I ran into rain everything in the saddlebags got wet. Also not waterproof is the headlight, after a few hours in the rain a puddle would form at the bottom.
I had to laugh when the dealer told me it was an optical illusion. If I put a rag at the very bottom of the headlight near the lens the water wicked right out, the only thing left was a few bugs that made their way into the headlight bucket somehow, maybe through the fins in the back.

Anyway, right before I got home from my ride I was stopped at a traffic light and up beside me pulled a Griso, we gave eachother a thumbs up and a shit-eating grin and off we went...

As for now, not interested in an Indian or another Harley...

After years riding old British, I decided to buy something new. I narrowed it down to the V7 and the Scout 60. I liked both, but went with the V7 as the riding position suited me more. It didn't feel right riding in the birthing position.

I was able to get a test ride, great motor, compact package, felt small after riding cheiftain. Hope Victory does well, more choices

For instance, I think the California should come with a sump pump for the saddlebags, on my cross country trip when I ran into rain everything in the saddlebags got wet.

I sealed mine with SEAM SEAL and they are now watertight. I also went out on a cross-country ride on my California and rand into some significant rain. No saddlebag leaks at all.

Last spring I was looking at the Scout Sixty or V7 II, went for the Scout because wife liked the looks. I hate the feet forward position, with butt 25" above the ground. So, its for sale, and will get a V7 II or III next spring.

Back